Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1500 & 1600 Nomad

Old 09-22-2008, 04:40 PM   #31
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to blowndodge
Cold start solenoids on switch?

You ought to see how he cuts hair!! Oh I forgot,,,,,,,,, you don't have any hair!!

There are two types of Harley riders. Those that trailer them and those that push them.

The most Interesting Man in the World
"Find the things in life you don't do well and don't do those things"

Member # 0005

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 09-22-2008, 04:47 PM   #32

mac.....all I can say is; "I'm impressed."

Dick Campbell
Blairsville, GA
2008 Red & Black Nomad 1600
(retired)
2009 1900 Yamaha Stratoliner (retired)
2013 1900 Yamaha Stratoliner
2018 CanAm RT Limited Spyder (Sold)
2014 Goldwing Roadsmith Red Trike (Sold)
2019 Goldwing DCT Roadsmith Copper & Black Trike

VBA #243
Darkside #115
Patriot Guard Rider
American Legion Rider

Old 09-22-2008, 04:50 PM   #33
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by todd (Nomadis Custodis)
Nope, clean out the cow stalls.......that's why I like you and SWB so much......I learned about bullsh*t a long long time ago!!!!!!
Which stall had your first girlfriend? Daisy or Betsy?
VBA #0002
VBA VP-Global
B.A.C.A. Hoss
2005 "StrongBear" Black/Silver

Todd and BD

Old 09-22-2008, 04:54 PM   #34
Sr. Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by todd (Nomadis Custodis)
Nope, clean out the cow stalls.......that's why I like you and SWB so much......I learned about dressing cows up in women's clothing and pretending I was at a drive in movie with a pretty girl.!!!!
TMI Todd!!

There are two types of Harley riders. Those that trailer them and those that push them.

Member # 0005

Old 09-22-2008, 04:56 PM   #35
Sr. Contributor

Toodkin bin hoggin mooin farmkin inder vooman lipskinen..

Member # 0005

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 09-22-2008, 06:53 PM   #36
Sr. Contributor

Todd this little KLR went for the ride, 40 states with it. We had 1 pack with garb for the year 1805 in case we happend on a Lewis and Clark doin's

Shes a lefty gun, cast off, my first and only, in .40cal and shoots a .390 ball. Getz 'swampped barrel, water proof pan with a roller frizzen. Just think fast.

I have 2 nipple huggers, both six guns.. No way i know around that..

All my rock locks will go bang upside down and in rain. 100% I hunt with them. I have brass catridge guns too, most actions types i guess, but nothing really weird, like no pin fire. At my age newer guns like Glock all in pply are not my thing, as it needs real wood, and steel to float my stick.

I have a 1 poly as EAA witness in .45acp, and it's ok I guess if you like plastic. In the real world the way things are i carry a Kimber CDP pro and a NAA min convertable. Both at the same time.. That Kimber was along on the trip too.. A man has gotta do what a man has gotta do.

Yes Dixie Gunworks is on line even! Alive and well in Union City Tn.

Run a search on Jim Chambers, just have a hanky near by... I always do....

BD it is a common enough courtisey for me to ask, and treat you so... I understand life happens, and I wish to be neutral. I have seen way to much death in real life to allow 'feelings' to get to me much. I understand what hurt feelings are, and have no wish to make them hurt more. I just can't afford it in life anymore.

So with some respect, I will still do as you suggest, most any time and I may ask again. ... So if these pics must go I can, and anyone with tools can take them down.

To the others, for a very long time i wanted to be able to deal with anything that could happen, to be really able to start naked and go out the door and still get by. Well I think I reached that point, but not all that long ago.

It would not be comfortable even now, but i could do it. I am talking to start with nothing... In Spring or summer. A late Fall or winter start would simply kill me.

I saw garden mentioned.. I have one that is still feeding us from items grown last year, which were frozen of course, and gathering in this years now.. Makes long hours as i have no machines. I just like knowing where the food came from and how it got to the table..

06 1600 Nomad
Just call me Mac
molon labe come and get it

Old 09-22-2008, 07:01 PM   #37
Sr. Contributor

Mac, I'm not the moderator of this forum. It's up to you now to do what you please. I like reading your posts. I ride a Nomad, how could my feelings be hurt??? Tell us more!!

How did you know todds high school nickname was Ol' nipple hugger?????

Member # 0005

Old 09-22-2008, 07:38 PM   #38
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blowndodge "Darksider"
Mac, I'm not the moderator of this forum. It's up to you now to do what you please. I like reading your posts. I ride a Nomad, how could my feelings be hurt??? Tell us more!!

How did you know todds high school nickname was Ol' nipple hugger?????

As Nico would say...you ninnie

SWB...how did you know my h/s girlfriend was nicknamed Daisy, and we called her that,,,,well, it was the 80's and Dukes of Hazard was on.......she looked just like Catherine Bach back in the day.....oh, and BD...she gave me my nickname

Todd Frazier
VBA #0003
VBA National Leader-USA Operations/Garage Moderator - RETIRED
2006 Black Nomad since she was born
Greensboro, NC

Old 09-22-2008, 07:39 PM   #39
Sr. Contributor

Bd will I be digging a ditch? Todd knows what I mean...

More might be if I had a start in Spring By late Fall I would be dressed for winter, and I hope fat. I figure if I start dead naked , butt ugly, and can use what man left in the woods I can make anything I want, and if not I can make what I need in stone wood, and sinew, plus what ever else the woods has to offer.

I made a lot of stuff, and fooled with most of it to make it work, to where I can depend on it.
I got some surprizes along the way. One was making fish scales and hide glue. I made a mess of hide trimming and fish skins in a pyrex brownie pan. With that I made stone tipped arrows fletched with turkey feathers. I used the glue to coat the deer sinew where I lashed the arrowheads on and used more sinew split fine to sort of lash the feathers in place, also with glue.

At that time i had a ruff shop with a wood stove, and set the pan on top with other junk also on top made of metals. So that pan wasn't level. The glue in time collected in a corner and dried. The next time i bothered with that pan the glue had pulled a chip from with in the corned and ruined the pan, but it didn't break the pan. I added more water to the glue and freed the chip and made that into another arrow head.

In theory i could eat the glue... I think.. But I don't want to try...

Doing all this stuff gets me burned, cut and hurt in lots of ways. making stone tools can get you cut bad, and you don't feel it. Some of the stone I work with is 400 times sharper than the best surgical tools.

I have a pack basket made of one single piece of bark, and filled with tools made like tools were 5,000 years ago. No metal, cloth, glass, or anything you could get since 5,000 years ago.

I made a apx 2 qt canteen once from birch bark, basswood, hemlock twiggs (not poision hemlock), basswood cordage to sew it all, and bees wax... I sold fast as it was full of water and not leaking..

As a child I lived very rural, and there were no other kids to play with, so I made things from anything I could find to take up my time. When I was old enough to work and take a boat into the sea I dug clams, and bought my first bikes at about 12.. None of those ran and most of them never did. But that's how I got to be here.

The rest is all about the woods. I can make a good sub coffee from birch bark, add maple sugar to it, and so on.. Where I live is rich in plants and trees which I have many uses for as well as game. A deer I get very little ends as waste. Pretty much the waste is what that deer just ate, and the rest I can use for something else. I see deer as a walking tool kit and meat on the hoof. Not only that but surplus for making more tools I could sell, and do sell. Sell can mean trade.

Most anything else I kill ends up the same way, and I try to use 99.9% one way or another.

Even my Nomad has deer skin on it here and there. I made a rear fender cover so a tool bag can rest on the fender, with out harming the paint. Someone gave me a nacell, and one day i will cover that as i don't like the glare.

I am really working here trying to get back on topic. I can't think of how this is going to get ISC's to do anything.. Not even a raw hide mount will work for the switch....

Oh I know..... Sure enuff BD we agree the ISC's could be gone, and rahter than use heat shrink and or electrical tape 'we' could use soaking wet raw hide to pack up the wires and then use sinew to sew the bag shut.

The raw hide will shrink in heat and so does sinew.. After it does a coating of pitch with a dob of bee's wax will have it all water tight...

Some how i don't see that ever happening, but it would work.

06 1600 Nomad
Just call me Mac

Old 09-22-2008, 07:42 PM   #40
Sr. Contributor

Todd 2 .36's one a coat pocket or sheriff's model and the other a 1858 navy i think. I can't make out if it is hexagon or not..

Daisey gives a whole new meaning to nipple hugger eh?

06 1600 Nomad
Just call me Mac

Old 09-22-2008, 07:53 PM   #41
Top Contributor

The shorty is hexagon....long barrel is round....

and yeah, I like the Daisy nip hugger meaning better!!!!! (I was gonna make a "cap and ball" reference but thought better of it)

Ok mac...we gotta get you to the walmart for some high quality Chinese imports!!!

Todd Frazier
VBA #0003
VBA National Leader-USA Operations/Garage Moderator - RETIRED
2006 Black Nomad since she was born
Greensboro, NC

Old 09-22-2008, 08:00 PM   #42
Sr. Contributor

why go through all that survival when it's obvious that you and todd have the same knowledge about that kind of stuff and he's dying to go camping....

Member # 0005

Old 09-22-2008, 08:05 PM   #43
Sr. Contributor

Chinez imports?

Round barrel eh? Not a 36 navy then... must be a 1861 civilain gun after the 1860 Army.. that about right? No that can't be it either, as if has the 2 screw forcing lug. Not teeth like the 1860 rack and pinnion..

Last winter I timed one of the navy clones for a guy in Tn.. I met him at the High Road. On line site and a good one for BP six guns. His bolt had cone undone big time and the hammer lug was sheared off. I tig weld and hand filed a new lug. He sent me spare parts to fit.

06 1600 Nomad
Just call me Mac

Old 09-22-2008, 08:16 PM   #44
Mega-Contributor

I came here to read about cold-start solenoids, and instead I get nipple-huggers and macmac talking about being nekkid in the woods. Did I take a wrong turn somewhere?

VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Old 09-22-2008, 08:19 PM   #45
Sr. Contributor

Ummm no jack I am sitting about swapin' lies and you know how I get. If you ask me bikes, babes, guns, and leather are all the same topic..

They are arn't they?

06 1600 Nomad
Just call me Mac