Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 08-05-2008, 06:22 AM   #31

Noticing a difference in driving habits

I haven't noticed anyone slowing down around here but there is less traffic I know because I don't go any where at 101 degrees it is to dang hot to go anywhere.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 08-05-2008, 06:54 AM   #32

People have slowed down on I 95 going to and from work in So. Fl.---School is out so the drive is easier. I still see few bikes or large scooters on the road.

Old 08-05-2008, 09:41 AM   #33

Send a message via Yahoo to jussmatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker
If there has been a change in driving habits around the Houston area, I sure can't tell it. I ride a good bit on I45, Beltway 8, and Hwy 59. Haven't noticed traffic going any slower, hell, it may have gotten a little faster.
I was thinking the exact same thing!! I still see people squeeling tires at take off!!! Just crazy....

Old 08-05-2008, 09:43 AM   #34

Send a message via Yahoo to jussmatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by rksaw
One of the main excuses I used to get my Nomad was that my truck only gets 11 mpg, and even though the 'mad isn't the most miserly regarding gas, I'll get at least 3 times the mpg as I would from the F150. Living on the coast means I have to deal with quite a bit of rain, so one of the things I will do is to decide now that I will be riding in the rain as long as I can still be safe. One of the things I hate worse than riding in the rain, is riding in the fog!
Rich
I'm in the same boat as you.... My F250 Diesel's gas milage is NO where near my Nomad. I used that as an excuse to get my Nomad in late August of last year. TODAY, I have 13775 miles on her and she's paid for herself already!!!

Old 08-05-2008, 10:02 AM   #35

There was a big article in yesterdays paper about how popular Scooters has become in the Ft. Worth area. They say most dealers have been sold out for two weeks and are going as far north as Kansas to try and find them. Most dealers have the real small scooters left but as far as the 250's on up they are all out of. People who bought them are claiming 60 to 75 miles to the gallon.
Traffic does seem a little lighter here. Gas around here is down to $3.56 a gallon.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 08-05-2008, 10:33 AM   #36

Yep, we missed the op to make a killing on the scooter business. Didn't see that one coming or I would've stocked up on scooters to resale and paid for a new Nomad. ;)

My fear, and I think it is already happening here, is that as the price eases, more idiots will hop back on the road and drive like they always have (like idiots). Our traffic is actually up since prices dropped back below $4.

Old 08-05-2008, 12:47 PM   #37
Top Contributor

Traffic is definitely lighter here but people still like to drive like gas is $1.00 a gallon.
VBA #0002
VBA VP-Global
B.A.C.A. Hoss
2005 "StrongBear" Black/Silver

Todd and BD

Old 08-05-2008, 01:35 PM   #38
Top Contributor

You would never know gas prices have gone up here. I usually stick to the speed limit and I am the slowest guy out there. The people going 30kms over the limit are probably the ones complaining about the gas prices the most.