Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 04-29-2016, 11:29 AM   #31
Advanced Member

I love mine too! 14 model, there everything I thought it would be when I fell in love with them since there birth 2011.
I would guess that kawi. is at their peak with classic looking scoots what could they possibly do after the end of the Vaq.
with that said I would look elsewhere for my next scoot ( manufacturer)
probably Indian. Man are they comfy!

But I'll have my vaq (rusty) for a while.
anyone else ever name your bikes?

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-29-2016, 11:41 AM   #32
Advanced Member

I agree....when I first saw the 2011 Vaqueros I knew I had to have one. Hence the 2012 S.E. that sits in my shop ready to roll.
Chuckster's tear drop intake, Freedom true dual racing exhaust, Ivan flash, Clearview windscreen, Corbin gunfighter seat, Clockwerk's hugger style front fender, Kawasaki KQR backrest and luggage rack, kuryakyn iso grips and rear passenger boards, front highway pegs, revolutionspeed clutch and primary covers and reservoir and switch box covers and Kuryakyn skeleton rearview mirrors.

Old 04-29-2016, 03:26 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by captj3 View Post
So what happened to the original poster??? Lots of responses and questions and no answers????????
I have a life

Old 04-29-2016, 03:30 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Hog View Post
He was on here at 2:48 am this morning.
Sorry but i was sleeping at that time!!

Old 04-29-2016, 07:11 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by markc View Post
Sorry but i was sleeping at that time!!
That's what it showed in your profile

2005 Vulcan Nomad Sold
2006 Honda 1800 VTX (Freebie) Sold
2008 Harley Ultra Classic Sold
2001 Harley Ultra Classic Sold

Hangtown, Kalifornia

VBA #2625

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-29-2016, 07:11 PM   #36

Give it to me, I've wanted the Vaq since it came out, sat on it many times, fits me perfect. I have an 06 Nomad with many mods to make it just right. I could be talked into a trade...

Old 04-29-2016, 09:16 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Hog View Post
That's what it showed in your profile
It was posted at 11:34 am

Old 04-29-2016, 09:28 PM   #38

Quote:
It was posted at 11:34 am
More than likely it is not set to Eastern Time in your Edit Options under the Date & Time.

2005 Vulcan Nomad Sold
2006 Honda 1800 VTX (Freebie) Sold
2008 Harley Ultra Classic Sold
2001 Harley Ultra Classic Sold

Hangtown, Kalifornia

VBA #2625

Old 04-30-2016, 04:26 AM   #39
Advanced Member

Quote:
does anybody have a vaquero and just do not like it? if so why,i would like your opinions
Soooooo what is it that you don't like about your skoot?

You make a living by what you get,
You make a life by what you give.

The measure of a man can be summed up by
how he treats people who are the least significant to him.

Old 04-30-2016, 07:08 AM   #40

ok so here is my list of dislikes.but first to let you all know i did hours of research before i made my purchase, ie youtube reviews,and any article that i could find that, being said here is my list.
1 gear ratio
2 clutch pull
3 brakes are very touchy
4 decel pop "i never owned a bike that does this"
5 throttle
6 handling "rear tire doesn't feal planted"

ok so that is my short list.i know you all love this bike but for me this is the first bike that i've owned that i'm just not feeling.i have spent approximately 2 grand on aftermarket mods,rays throttle mod,gel seat,tall windsheild,slip ons mufflers,highway pegs and so on for me it is not!! the ergonomics that part is perfect.that being said i just cannot seem to connet with this bike.also my previous bike was a harley davidson was an ultra classic.as you all know harleys are pricey and that i why i went with the kawi.but i did absolutely love every thing about that bike,so that's a start,i hope to hear some ideas.

thanks,mark and yes it's for sale

Old 04-30-2016, 07:24 AM   #41

[QUOTE=markc;658632]ok so here is my list of dislikes.but first to let you all know i did hours of research before i made my purchase, ie youtube reviews,and any article that i could find that, being said here is my list.
1 gear ratio
2 clutch pull
3 brakes are very touchy
5 throttle
6 handling "rear tire doesn't feal planted"

ok so that is my short list.i know you all love this bike but for me this is the first bike that i've owned that i'm just not feeling.i have spent approximately 2 grand on aftermarket mods,rays throttle mod,gel seat,tall windsheild,slip ons mufflers,highway pegs and so on for me it is not!! the ergonomics that part is perfect.that being said i just cannot seem to connet with this bike.also my previous bike was a harley davidson was an ultra classic.as you all know harleys are pricey and that i why i went with the kawi.but i did absolutely love every thing about that bike,so that's a start,i hope to hear some ideas.

thanks,mark and yes it's for sale[

Did you try the marble mod for the popping? If not, the reflash apparently takes care of it. And if you haven't done that yet you might as well spend another $350 and it may change your opinion of your bike. Also, knowone like the stock Stones so some new rubber may be the answer for your not feeling "planted". Hope this helps.
2002 Honda 750 A.C.E. (gone)
SCRC 2nd Officer Central Jersey Chapter

Old 04-30-2016, 08:04 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by markc
1 gear ratio
2 clutch pull
3 brakes are very touchy
5 throttle
6 handling "rear tire doesn't feel planted"
Greetings MarkC,

The mind is wonderful, magical thing. Once it decides something is SO, it is hard to see that thing any other way. Once a person gets it in their mind that they don't like peas or tomatoes... Nothing with peas or tomatoes is ever good.
As i look at your list, it makes me think you have made up your mind not to like this bike at this point. For arguments sake, lets run through the list...

Gear ratio? Do you feel they are too close together? to short, they whine? Not that we can suggest yet, depends on the complaint...

Clutch Pull; squeaky, stiff? Or is this your first hydraulic clutch? I changed the fluid in mine this spring and it is stiffer now that it was. Maybe a bleed would help?

Brakes very touchy; Takes some getting used to. Like the first time you drive someone else's car and you step on the brakes...

Decel pop. Agreed annoying... The marble tip as mentioned will help. The IVANization will cure it. In a backhanded way, the Ivanized ECU might help with the gear ratio observation, depending on the specific thought.

Throttle? Response? Drag? Is this your first throttle-by-wire? Or, again depending on the specific complaint, the Ivanization may address this one.

Handling; this one is important. I completely agree that one needs to feel connected, in tune with and in sync with their scoot. However, more specifics would make it easier for suggestions. Changing the tires as mentioned is top of list. The OEM 'Stones are not great feedback tires IMHO. The Michelin Commander II's are VERY popular, as are the Avons. There is a large Dunlop E3 following as well. Adjusting the rear damping can help. I was mistakenly set to 1, thinking softer. Someone here posted what the settings mean and I am now on 4. Probably switching to 3 soon. But MUCH better feel from the backend of the scoot since making the adjustment. Of course, setting the air on the rear shocks as well. I do have a SHAME ON KAWI for having two separate valves. They should be (and can be) one fill for both back shocks.

My previous ride was a Yama Venture. Great touring bike. Had 88k miles on it when I traded it in. But that bike was NO FUN at low speeds or in traffic. The Vaquero is so much more enjoyable FOR ME to ride in all conditions, that I am quickly outpacing my mileage markers set with the Venture.

Different tastes is what makes the world go round. The world would be BORING if we all likes exactly the same thing and agreed on everything... If the Vaq isn't the right bike for you, that is OK. Don't bash the bike, maybe it just wasn't your fit.

Best wishes,
Smokier

PS. How much? My wife loves riding mine and wants one of her own...
2012 Victory Crossroads in Sunset Red "Ruby"

Previous Vulcans: '15 Vaquero, '12 Vaquero, '10 1700 Nomad, '04 1500 Classic, '01 1500 Classic, '88 Vulcan 750
VROC # 10967 | VBA # 3115

Last edited by smokier; 04-30-2016 at 08:06 AM.

Old 04-30-2016, 08:54 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACNRAY View Post
I ABSOLUTELY LOVE my Vaq BUT......

It has a way to keep me off my Hayabusa and EVERY time I get on the Busa, well, lets just say I am blessed to have two totally different skoots with personalities that match my Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde.

RACNRAY
Dr. Rac 'n Mr. Ray, I presume..... Ray, by many accounts on this forum your blessed in many ways with all your mechanical skills, talents and love for scoots. Cheers....wrench/ride on.

Old 04-30-2016, 09:51 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokier View Post
Greetings MarkC,

The mind is wonderful, magical thing. Once it decides something is SO, it is hard to see that thing any other way. Once a person gets it in their mind that they don't like peas or tomatoes... Nothing with peas or tomatoes is ever good.
As i look at your list, it makes me think you have made up your mind not to like this bike at this point. For arguments sake, lets run through the list...

Gear ratio? Do you feel they are too close together? to short, they whine? Not that we can suggest yet, depends on the complaint...

Clutch Pull; squeaky, stiff? Or is this your first hydraulic clutch? I changed the fluid in mine this spring and it is stiffer now that it was. Maybe a bleed would help?

Brakes very touchy; Takes some getting used to. Like the first time you drive someone else's car and you step on the brakes...

Decel pop. Agreed annoying... The marble tip as mentioned will help. The IVANization will cure it. In a backhanded way, the Ivanized ECU might help with the gear ratio observation, depending on the specific thought.

Throttle? Response? Drag? Is this your first throttle-by-wire? Or, again depending on the specific complaint, the Ivanization may address this one.

Handling; this one is important. I completely agree that one needs to feel connected, in tune with and in sync with their scoot. However, more specifics would make it easier for suggestions. Changing the tires as mentioned is top of list. The OEM 'Stones are not great feedback tires IMHO. The Michelin Commander II's are VERY popular, as are the Avons. There is a large Dunlop E3 following as well. Adjusting the rear damping can help. I was mistakenly set to 1, thinking softer. Someone here posted what the settings mean and I am now on 4. Probably switching to 3 soon. But MUCH better feel from the backend of the scoot since making the adjustment. Of course, setting the air on the rear shocks as well. I do have a SHAME ON KAWI for having two separate valves. They should be (and can be) one fill for both back shocks.

My previous ride was a Yama Venture. Great touring bike. Had 88k miles on it when I traded it in. But that bike was NO FUN at low speeds or in traffic. The Vaquero is so much more enjoyable FOR ME to ride in all conditions, that I am quickly outpacing my mileage markers set with the Venture.

Different tastes is what makes the world go round. The world would be BORING if we all likes exactly the same thing and agreed on everything... If the Vaq isn't the right bike for you, that is OK. Don't bash the bike, maybe it just wasn't your fit.

Best wishes,
Smokier

PS. How much? My wife loves riding mine and wants one of her own...
****Smokier, that sums it up very well. PS. I could never before even dream of being so comfortable on a bike and able to ride for hours on end day after day and also to be so thrilled with how much better it has become performance wise. Wouldn't trade it for anything...yea not even some of that -> v . Cheers

Last edited by MET-RICK; 04-30-2016 at 09:54 AM.

Old 04-30-2016, 10:25 AM   #45

Quote:
I have a life
Shocking like you're the only one.

2012 Vaquero
1700 Nomad
(Deceased)
Cobra Tri-Ovals
Racnrays Invention (Throttle Mod)
Ivan's flash
Thunder Tornado Big Air Kit