Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Off-Topic

Old 02-03-2015, 11:27 PM   #31

‘This film depicts with subtlety and compassion those brave few who serve our nation in uniform,’ senator says

Arizona Sen. John McCain is rushing to the defense of “American Sniper” and its director Clint Eastwood, suggesting critics of the film have a political agenda and accusing those critics of “pettiness.”
In a news release on Monday, the Republican highly praised the film and Eastwood, who was a speaker at the 2012 Republican National Convention that nominated Mitt Romney.
“I congratulate Clint Eastwood and the entire cast and crew of ‘American Sniper’ for an outstanding cinematic achievement honoring the life of a genuine American hero, Chris Kyle,” said McCain in the statement.
Also Read: Clint Eastwood on Bradley Cooper’s ‘American Sniper’ Character: ‘He Had Some Doubts’ Over Killings
“This film depicts with subtlety and compassion those brave few who serve our nation in uniform, their experiences in the horror of war, the burdens they often bear upon returning home, and the untold sacrifices of their families.
“It is deeply regrettable that obsessive critics of U.S. foreign policy have sought to disparage this film and denigrate the memory of a noble American warrior. Fortunately, their pettiness has not stopped millions of Americans from seeing ‘American Sniper,’ and hopefully in the process, gaining a greater appreciation for the service and sacrifice of America’s military service members and their families.”
Also Read: Michael Moore Fires Another Subtle Shot at ‘American Sniper’
McCain’s comment came amidst criticism of the film from some quarters for glorifying the role of the sniper.
Among those who have raised questions about the film are filmmaker Michael Moore.
VBA #9

2011 Victory Kingpin mine
2013 Victory Boardwalk -hers

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000]
[SIZE=4]

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 02-04-2015, 04:56 AM   #32

There is an enquiry going on in England as to why we sent our troop's to war on the back of Tony Blair's lies about non existent WMD, ( the Chillcot enquiry) he had to be dragged kicking and screaming to give evidence,and evaded and slid around just about every question put to him. It took 6yrs to get him into that enquiry,after he used every slimey move to avoid it, and now his politcal clout, and pressure from America, is preventing the outcome being published because it might embarrass the American's, who he conspired with to sell us all a load of bullshit that got a lot of people killed, and turn an entire region against us, now we've got thousand's of potential terrorist's, and million's of their muslim follower's living amonst us. They say, follow the money, Blair is now a multi millionaire off the back of those war's, he should be tried in the International Criminal Court in the Hague for war crime's, he is the most hated man in England,the lying bastard.

Last edited by mick56; 02-04-2015 at 05:28 AM.

Old 02-04-2015, 12:02 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick56 View Post
and pressure from America, is preventing the outcome being published because it might embarrass the American's,
Mick, exactly who in the USA are we talking about. I would think the present Administration would love to publish this damning information and rub the previous Administration's nose in it.

Oldest Saloon In Nevada
http://www.pioneersaloon.info/

"Sin City Stan"
Henderson, NV
VBA #01004
VROC #29365
2004 Nomad 1500L5 +100 "The Bike"
2009 Nomad 1700 (past)
2004 Vulcan Classic 800 (past)
2010 Cortez - 2011 Crescent City - 2012 Kanab - 2013 Estes Park

Old 02-04-2015, 12:06 PM   #34

As for the movie, I saw it last Saturday night. It's the first movie that I can remember that at the ending when the credits were rolling no one got up to leave. It was dead silent. People eventually shuffled out in silence. This movie had an impact no matter how it was interpreted. Kudos to Mr. Eastwood.

Oldest Saloon In Nevada
http://www.pioneersaloon.info/

"Sin City Stan"
Henderson, NV
VBA #01004
VROC #29365
2004 Nomad 1500L5 +100 "The Bike"
2009 Nomad 1700 (past)
2004 Vulcan Classic 800 (past)
2010 Cortez - 2011 Crescent City - 2012 Kanab - 2013 Estes Park

Old 02-04-2015, 12:10 PM   #35
Sr. Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
‘This film depicts with subtlety and compassion those brave few who serve our nation in uniform,’ senator says

Arizona Sen. John McCain is rushing to the defense of “American Sniper” and its director Clint Eastwood, suggesting critics of the film have a political agenda and accusing those critics of “pettiness.”
In a news release on Monday, the Republican highly praised the film and Eastwood, who was a speaker at the 2012 Republican National Convention that nominated Mitt Romney.
“I congratulate Clint Eastwood and the entire cast and crew of ‘American Sniper’ for an outstanding cinematic achievement honoring the life of a genuine American hero, Chris Kyle,” said McCain in the statement.
Also Read: Clint Eastwood on Bradley Cooper’s ‘American Sniper’ Character: ‘He Had Some Doubts’ Over Killings
“This film depicts with subtlety and compassion those brave few who serve our nation in uniform, their experiences in the horror of war, the burdens they often bear upon returning home, and the untold sacrifices of their families.
“It is deeply regrettable that obsessive critics of U.S. foreign policy have sought to disparage this film and denigrate the memory of a noble American warrior. Fortunately, their pettiness has not stopped millions of Americans from seeing ‘American Sniper,’ and hopefully in the process, gaining a greater appreciation for the service and sacrifice of America’s military service members and their families.”
Also Read: Michael Moore Fires Another Subtle Shot at ‘American Sniper’
McCain’s comment came amidst criticism of the film from some quarters for glorifying the role of the sniper.
Among those who have raised questions about the film are filmmaker Michael Moore.
And Clint also said it's an anti-war movie. As far as McCain goes, he's in enough trouble if someone wants to make it for him, Mr ISIS. I think he's a little Batshit crazy too. Sorry John, but we lost in Vietnam. Pouring more american lives into the shithole known as the middle east won't change that or make any of us more free or protect freedom. It's a bullshit narrative designed to support bad foreign policy that is basically right wing progressivism.
BMWMOA 162849
BMWRA 41335

BMW: When you care enough to ride the very best.

My Motorrad Blog
My Motorrad YouTube

2009 BMW R1200RT

Previous bikes:2007 Nomad | 2001 Vulcan 800 Classic | 1984 GPz750 | 1978 KZ1000A2

Rallies: Custer '09|Prairie Du Chien '10|Crescent City '11

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 02-04-2015, 12:14 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sin City Stan View Post
As for the movie, I saw it last Saturday night. It's the first movie that I can remember that at the ending when the credits were rolling no one got up to leave. It was dead silent. People eventually shuffled out in silence. This movie had an impact no matter how it was interpreted. Kudos to Mr. Eastwood.
Same at the theater where we saw it. A very respectful silence.

Dan K
Member #100
2009 ST1300: Performance exceeding even Victory riders' boasts.

Old 02-04-2015, 01:01 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sin City Stan View Post
Mick, exactly who in the USA are we talking about. I would think the present Administration would love to publish this damning information and rub the previous Administration's nose in it.
I am not all that familiar with you're politics, but G.W and Rumsfeld have got to be up to their arse's in it, along with the congressmen on the payroll of the weapon's manufacturer's.It was G.W that Tony Blair promised to commit British force's to,even though they both knew that WMD did not exist, without consulting parliament, or even his own cabinet member's,the recording's of that conversation, along with all the rest, are now*lost*. Blair then lied in parliament when he told us that he had proof that WMD did exist, ( he had MI5 doctor a report to that effect and sold it to G.W to make himself look important ) and that we were under threat because we were within reach of the missile's, so we all went along with it. Both our countries were sold a lie, and everybody know's it,but the perpetrator's, and profiteer's walk away unscathed, again! It give' me the shit's,it really does.