Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Off-Topic

Old 01-27-2015, 01:05 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponch View Post
The best weather I have experienced was in Santa Cruz. 50-70 most of the year. I have a BIL that lives there. The place is nuttier than a 500lb bag of squirrel shit, but the weather is the best. It's a shame the idiots have ruined CA.
I'm currently on vacation not too far from Santa Cruz at Carmel. Enjoying the nice weather here, but get this. Emailing my son-in-law today and he says it was 19 degrees C (66 F) back home near Calgary. The warmest that it got here in Carmel today was only about 17 C (63 F). Go figure???

"Sun on my face, wind in my hair, sound of my bike in my ears and peace in my soul..."
VBA Member #01514
2008 "Ultra" Nomad 1600, Candy Plasma Blue

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 01-27-2015, 04:40 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterman View Post
Expiring. Have it all pre-planned.

Have figured it out. Pickup with a toy hauler travel trailer, motorcycle in back and internet service. Always hunt out a location where the temperatures are around 80 and head for there. Change locations when you are bored.
What a brilliant way to live,and you bloke's have got some amazing trailer's to choose from,good for you mate

Old 01-27-2015, 08:15 AM   #33
Sr. Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by canuckrider View Post
I'm currently on vacation not too far from Santa Cruz at Carmel. Enjoying the nice weather here, but get this. Emailing my son-in-law today and he says it was 19 degrees C (66 F) back home near Calgary. The warmest that it got here in Carmel today was only about 17 C (63 F). Go figure???
Stop by and say hello to Clint.
BMWMOA 162849
BMWRA 41335

BMW: When you care enough to ride the very best.

My Motorrad Blog
My Motorrad YouTube

2009 BMW R1200RT

Previous bikes:2007 Nomad | 2001 Vulcan 800 Classic | 1984 GPz750 | 1978 KZ1000A2

Rallies: Custer '09|Prairie Du Chien '10|Crescent City '11

Old 01-27-2015, 11:35 AM   #34

Quote:
I've told Krystal this for several years. She was always saying "But what about the grandkids?" I said to her that they will be grown up by then and we can always visit. This last year she said "When do we start traveling?"

Have any hints?
Just what you suggested......watch the weather and move when you don't like it. The fun roads in Arizona seem to be up north a bit and the winter weather can be unpredictable. I spent the last 5 weeks or so in Arizona (Yuma, Casa Grande, and Benson). Got bored (saw everything I wanted to around there) and headed east to New Mexico. Going out rock hounding in the Florida Mountains today. It's supposed to get near 70* so taking the bike will be in order.

Old 01-28-2015, 09:25 PM   #35

This link will show you what the weather is like, its actually pretty interesting to see the different areas and the weather they get.

http://web2.airmail.net/danb1/usrecords.htm

2002 Nomad aka Bountyhunter
VBA #27
VROC #18951

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 02-27-2015, 08:42 PM   #36

This crappy white stuff is falling here in Texas. 2 inches and you would think the world has ended. The problem is we have zero snow equipment and even less drivers with a lick of brains. Can we all say right foot flat on the gas? With that said I'll stay here in the north Texas area and ride near year around. I hate the snow.... moved away from the NE to get away from that stuff. Seems South America might be in order. : )

Old 02-28-2015, 10:49 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebar View Post
This crappy white stuff is falling here in Texas. 2 inches and you would think the world has ended. The problem is we have zero snow equipment and even less drivers with a lick of brains. Can we all say right foot flat on the gas? With that said I'll stay here in the north Texas area and ride near year around. I hate the snow.... moved away from the NE to get away from that stuff. Seems South America might be in order. : )

I'm sitting in San Angelo waiting for the "thaw" (a lot of freezing rain). Got here Thursday PM and when I got up to head out Friday AM I found that I couldn't go very far very fast so found another RV park. Supposed to warm up by tomorrow so I'm being patient..........the wife on the other hand gets cabin fever real fast. I asked her last night if she wanted to just head south (we're going to Ft Hood to see some relatives) and stop at Corpus Christie. I didn't get an answer.

Old 02-28-2015, 11:08 AM   #38
Mega-Contributor

Quote:
But it's a DRY heat Gibby. Just 14 more years and I won't have to put up with summer heat or winter cold.
Not during the monsoon whiich runs from mid June through September.
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Old 02-28-2015, 11:16 AM   #39
Mega-Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffy View Post
Just what you suggested......watch the weather and move when you don't like it. The fun roads in Arizona seem to be up north a bit and the winter weather can be unpredictable. I spent the last 5 weeks or so in Arizona (Yuma, Casa Grande, and Benson). Got bored (saw everything I wanted to around there) and headed east to New Mexico. Going out rock hounding in the Florida Mountains today. It's supposed to get near 70* so taking the bike will be in order.
That's not exactly the best Arizona has to offer. There are very few small towns I would live in here in AZ. Most are very run down. Visit Gila Bend or Ajo and you'll see what I mean.
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Old 02-28-2015, 11:18 AM   #40

Y'all in San Angelo git the mess before us.
I do know how my wife gets when we are stuck indoors for a while. Good luck on going farther south. Wish I was able to do the same. Hark! I hear Rio de Janeiro calling my name!

Old 02-28-2015, 04:23 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactusjack View Post
That's not exactly the best Arizona has to offer. There are very few small towns I would live in here in AZ. Most are very run down. Visit Gila Bend or Ajo and you'll see what I mean.
I noticed that a lot of the small towns didn't look very "prosperous" to say the least. I wanted to do a bit more riding but the weather wasn't co-operative where I wanted to go. I did get some nice riding in NM though. The Gila National Forest has some nice bike roads if you don't mind them being a bit rough.

Old 02-28-2015, 04:51 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebar View Post
It's the same here in England,2 inches and the train's wont run, the airport's get backlogged, and the road's are in chaos.