Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 05-26-2008, 01:12 PM   #31
Advanced Member

.....KawaNOW and the VROC......

I don't think this tread is motorcycle related. I think we need to talk to the "higher ups" about moving it to the Off Nomad - General Topics category :).

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 05-26-2008, 01:40 PM   #32
Advanced Member

Here we go with the rules that the VOCRer were talking about.

Old 05-26-2008, 01:48 PM   #33
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablo
I don't think this tread is motorcycle related. I think we need to talk to the "higher ups" about moving it to the Off Nomad - General Topics category :).
Whew! You had me worried for a second there Pablo, and then I saw the smiley face. Alls well in our world again.

Bob
KawaNOW/VBA 210
Green/Silver 2006
Patriot Guard Riders 2009

Old 05-26-2008, 02:06 PM   #34
Advanced Member

I have never been to the VROC forum, but I did find KawaNow through the Vulcan forum on Delphi. I was not impressed with the Delphi forum because its focus is broad and owning a Nomad I wanted a forum specific to the bike I owned. What I found at KawaNow was a dysfunctional family that I can call my own. I don't care if you are a jock, pimp, a drunk, dyke or even a "ho"; you ride a Nomad and with that we share a kinship. I think it is great when we welcome a new member and you can dot the map with pushpins from all the places we all come from. My own feeling hearing about the bashing on VROC is that some people are jealous of us with our Nomads and secretly lust for a set of hard bags, but are too proud to admit it.

Old 05-26-2008, 02:44 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idaho (High Plains Drifter)
I would suggest a group hug here but either Sue or Nico would come through with their Friday Nite Hug Fest photo so I won't go there. ::)
Thanks for the suggestion Idaho!!! I would of posted Nico's fav group hug (but that is not appropriate for this side of the forum..IF ya know what I mean....)

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 05-26-2008, 08:57 PM   #36
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by radco
My 2 cents, I join VROC when I was looking at the Nomad. Got some good info,,,,,a few things there turned me off.YOU post a intro and you get 2 or 3 Welcomes. Maybe,,,,here pop in to ask a QUESTION and you GET Tons of WELCOMes and a answer. THE REAL TURN off was whe a FEW on VROC(not the VROC GROUP) TRASHED the day light out of a Noob for posting a sig pic,,, (I think he a KawNow member now) The few racked him through the coals,, Guess a few sh*t stirers start alot of crap....some people love to stir up the sh*t. had a few in the Sabre forums as well.Guess some people need to get a life.. I am EXTREAMLY HAPPY to be a MEMBER here....Love the wise ass comments that thrown out in fun, LOVE the info...... HOPEFULLY I will get to MEET some of you one Day,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,THANKS TRIP for a GREAT SITE!!!!! Rich
Trip I hope you dont mind my reply I made on the VROC forum
+1

Old 05-26-2008, 09:50 PM   #37
Top Contributor

I went and checked out the thread and what I found interesting was that they didn't like the rules or guidelines. Funny thing is, we don't have any rules about the truly important things, like number of times a question can be asked or what you can put in your sig line. When I found this site, what I really liked was that you didn't have to be an expert about bikes in order to feel comfortable, and that aspect hasn't changed. I think that speaks more about the character of the members than it does any "higher ups".

VBA #0002
VBA VP-Global
B.A.C.A. Hoss
2005 "StrongBear" Black/Silver

Todd and BD

Old 05-26-2008, 10:08 PM   #38

i am thankful for vroc, it helped me find this group. as previously stated, it is comfortable for me, i am no bike expert nor mechanic, but with ya'lls help im slowly learning. just want to thank everyone that chimes in and lends advice.

Old 05-26-2008, 10:13 PM   #39

I have been on this forum for some time now. I know I have asked some obvious or even stupid sounding questions but I have never felt like I was being judged in any way! I have never met anyone of you guys in person but I feel as if I know you. Thanks for all the help and keep the faith Trip - you're doing a great job!!!

Old 05-26-2008, 11:34 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfman
The moderators allow people to have an oppinion. I've never had to delete someones post and the only time I would is if it were abusive

One nice feature that proboards has is the ability to link to other threads. When a new member asks a question thats already been asked we don't say "go look at the old posts" We can even provide a link if we want to help them get their question answered even quicker.
I have found that on a couple of other sights, they give you a brisk brushoff and tell you to look in the archives. How do you expect newbies to learn anything if they are treated like that.Not everybody knows everything about their bikes , thats probably why most of us here.

2002 Nomad aka Bountyhunter
VBA #27
VROC #18951

Old 05-26-2008, 11:54 PM   #41

Say what you want - I still think Beezer's the BomB on whole wide world motorcycle Internet...! And he only exist in our world.

Not seriously now, I posted a VROC ride on this site, and didn't then, nor do I know feel I shouldn't have. We're about bling and riding... Screw the politics

Do you think my new bag rails make me look fat?

Old 05-27-2008, 12:37 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Lund
Other than all Nomads, all the time,
There is an ex-thug Classic rider that hangs out with Trip once in a while. They call him skunk or something or other.

Well I'm off to another forum to stir up some crap. Then I'll come back over here and pretend innocence (had to look it up).

Robert(skeeter)Dozier
07 Red&Titanium Nomad
81 Suzuki 850GL
KawaNow pre#

Old 05-27-2008, 02:09 AM   #43

I'm a newbie so please don't trash me too bad. But i just love this site man. ;)

Old 05-27-2008, 05:50 AM   #44
VBA Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by radco
Trip I hope you dont mind my reply I made on the VROC forum
No prob Radco.......and thanks.
Trip's Website

Custer 09, 18 / Maggie Valley 11 / Eureka Springs 09, 17 / Antlers 09, 10, 11, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18
Texas Hill Country / Deals Gap / Colorado / Wyoming / Montana / Utah / More trips for Trip

Old 05-27-2008, 05:50 AM   #45
Top Contributor

We're not here for a long time, we're here for a good time