Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Images & Video

Old 03-31-2014, 10:25 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by HwyRider View Post
I'm a Voyager fan but you should be comparing the Electra Glide with the Voyager and the Street Glide with the Vaquero.
I was only comparing the two bikes because they happen to be the two bikes that we own and they happened to be parked next to each other at the time.

As far as comparing the Voyager to an Electra Glide, the Voyager averages about $7K less therefore to me is a better value.
Avon Grips with Ray's Throttle Mod
Vance and Hines slipons

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 03-31-2014, 02:18 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaquero convert View Post
I was only comparing the two bikes because they happen to be the two bikes that we own and they happened to be parked next to each other at the time.

As far as comparing the Voyager to an Electra Glide, the Voyager averages about $7K less therefore to me is a better value.
Each to their own, but there is a huge difference in what you get between the two, thus I would respectfully disagree. Just take a closer look at the details sometime between an Ultra and a Voyager. They are quite apparent to me.

Using the price of a vehicle to compare value, as you are; then you should love a Vespa and think it is a great bike.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."

"You can have your own opinion, but not your own facts."

Former VBA NCR Assist Regional Leader
Formerly: 2004 1500FI Bronze Nomad: 2009 & 2014 HD Ultra
Current Rides: 2017 HD Ultra Limited & 2011 Can Am Spyder RTS-SE
Attended: VBA National Rallies 2009, 2011, 2015; VBA/NCR Regional Rally 2010, 12, 14, 16 and several rides throughout with regional members.
VBA Member #652
HOG Member #3935417

Old 04-01-2014, 08:13 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by glwilson View Post
Each to their own, but there is a huge difference in what you get between the two, thus I would respectfully disagree. Just take a closer look at the details sometime between an Ultra and a Voyager. They are quite apparent to me.

Using the price of a vehicle to compare value, as you are; then you should love a Vespa and think it is a great bike.
Just so I am clear, Ultra to Voyager is the same as Voyager to Vespa. LOL

I have joined multiple forums for all my motorcycles and cars. Not once have I hung around a forum to stir s@#t. You bought a HD(if think it's about about a better bike your fooling yourself, you gave in, over spent, and you drank the kool-aid) Time to move on. If your about to give me the "I made some good friends here speech" Then respect them and quit justifying your choices.

Old 04-01-2014, 09:46 PM   #34
Mega-Contributor

I think it's obvious not everyone tries to make friends here.
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Old 04-01-2014, 10:24 PM   #35
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to blowndodge
The Voyager is a fine bike for lots of people. No arguing that. A Toyota Corolla fills the bill nicely for lots of people. No arguing that either. Some people want more attention to detail in their bikes and cars. No sense arguing with someone that his Corolla is a better car than his buddies C320. It's a time wasting argument.

There are two types of Harley riders. Those that trailer them and those that push them.

The most Interesting Man in the World
"Find the things in life you don't do well and don't do those things"

Member # 0005

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-02-2014, 02:19 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactusjack View Post
I think it's obvious not everyone tries to make friends here.
I think we just got slapped light a red-headed stepchild.

Old 04-02-2014, 07:45 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyCaunuck View Post
Just so I am clear, Ultra to Voyager is the same as Voyager to Vespa. LOL

I have joined multiple forums for all my motorcycles and cars. Not once have I hung around a forum to stir s@#t. You bought a HD(if think it's about about a better bike your fooling yourself, you gave in, over spent, and you drank the kool-aid) Time to move on. If your about to give me the "I made some good friends here speech" Then respect them and quit justifying your choices.
I was not justifying anything, so do not put words into my mouth. You do not know me or what I think, so quit making feeble attempts to assume you know.

Read my post and then make a comment once you understand it. If you cannot, then keep it to yourself.

If you cannot see a difference between a Voyager and an Ultra Classic, or an Indian, or a Victory, or a Goldwing, then you sir are blind -- period.

I will be sure not to add you to my list of friends. Hope we meet some day though.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."

"You can have your own opinion, but not your own facts."

Former VBA NCR Assist Regional Leader
Formerly: 2004 1500FI Bronze Nomad: 2009 & 2014 HD Ultra
Current Rides: 2017 HD Ultra Limited & 2011 Can Am Spyder RTS-SE
Attended: VBA National Rallies 2009, 2011, 2015; VBA/NCR Regional Rally 2010, 12, 14, 16 and several rides throughout with regional members.
VBA Member #652
HOG Member #3935417

Last edited by glwilson; 04-02-2014 at 07:48 AM.

Old 04-02-2014, 07:55 AM   #38
Sr. Contributor

Does anyone know where the steam valve is? I want to turn the temp down a little.
If you have two wheels ride'm and be safe while doing it.
Gerry Martineau / 802 VT / VBA #0892 /[email]glmjgm@gmail.com[email]

Old 04-02-2014, 08:06 AM   #39

Say what you want but HD does make some beautiful bikes. Take a walk through the showroom and look around, not at pics of yellow bikes. I love the reliability of my Nomad and I can finally do some of the work myself, but I will tell you honestly, if I could afford the payment, I would be riding a new HD and drinking the Kool-Aid. I would still have my Nomad for long trips but around town the HD would be great. Not to join the hard core biker following or purchase all the gear for show, but as a reward to myself for 40 years of work. It's like anybody else buying a new Vette or Porsche, my mid life crisis purchase would be a new HD. Sorry for the honesty, I know that is frowned upon here!

David Hollinger
2002 Beige 1500 "Hannah2"
VBA # 02195

Old 04-02-2014, 09:27 AM   #40
Sr. Contributor

That's what it is about Dave...

There are two types of Harley riders. Those that trailer them and those that push them.

Member # 0005

Old 04-02-2014, 10:29 AM   #41

I prefer the fit and finish on the Harleys, and the overall look, especially the Ultras, relative to the Voyager. My issue with them is that they seem a bit small. Maybe I'd get used to that, but after the 1600 Nomad and my ST they just feel cramped. (Maybe it also would have helped if I had gone to the Harley dealer first, rather than the Victory dealer first. They are across the street from each other and the Harley's just semed small after sitting on the Victories.)

Dan K
Member #100
2009 ST1300: Performance exceeding even Victory riders' boasts.

Last edited by dank; 04-02-2014 at 10:33 AM.

Old 04-02-2014, 10:59 AM   #42
Sr. Contributor

And that is why you want a Full Sized Victory Dan! Built for a man!!

Member # 0005

Old 04-02-2014, 11:35 AM   #43
Mega-Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dank View Post
I prefer the fit and finish on the Harleys, and the overall look, especially the Ultras, relative to the Voyager. My issue with them is that they seem a bit small. Maybe I'd get used to that, but after the 1600 Nomad and my ST they just feel cramped. (Maybe it also would have helped if I had gone to the Harley dealer first, rather than the Victory dealer first. They are across the street from each other and the Harley's just semed small after sitting on the Victories.)
Having ridden a 1700 Nomad and Voyager, they are sized very similar to a Harley touring bike. The 1600's were larger.
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Old 04-02-2014, 11:41 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactusjack View Post
Having ridden a 1700 Nomad and Voyager, they are sized very similar to a Harley touring bike. The 1600's were larger.
Yep. And as I said, I'd probably get used to it if I had a Harley, and then it would feel normal, but it does make initial appreciation of the Harleys more difficult.

Dan K
Member #100
2009 ST1300: Performance exceeding even Victory riders' boasts.

Old 04-02-2014, 12:27 PM   #45

Harley owners need to realize that not every other biker sits around and dreams of the day they can own a Harley too. My Voyager is a great bike for me, and at less than have the price of a HD Ultra Electro Classic Gliding Sportster, I am very happy with its performance, looks, and reliability. I am also very happy with the size of my pecker. If you love your HD Victory Injun, more power to you. Have a nice day.
Cobra Scalloped Slip-ons

Thunder Mfg. Intake Gasket
DEI Titanium exhaust header wrap
Corbin heated seat.
Polk Audio db521 speakers
Mobil 1 Racing 4T 10W-40 with Mobil 1 M1-110 filter
Kuryakyn Longhorn Offset Dually Highway Pegs
Chrome passenger running board covers
All new fluids and lube.