Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 05-27-2008, 02:52 PM   #31

Just put down a deposit...

A drivers backrest from www.grasshopperlimited.com will move you a bit forward. It moves you lower back off of the vertical portion of the seat, so I would think your feet would be further forward, too. Other brands of backrests may do the same thing, but I can only speak for the one I own.

Congratulations and good luck.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 05-28-2008, 07:58 PM   #32

Night.. A Corbin Seat should lower you about 1/2" and bring you back a bit. A Mustang will bring you forward and up..ANOTHER option is get another Stock and cut it down or have it cut down to fit you, I will do my spare Stock Seat soon, Cut off some foam,add a gel pad add foam over that....A LOCAL AUTO Upholster can do it in most cases.. AND before you buy any parts ASK here for info........YOU will find out who used who and who has good prices......... HOW FAR are you FROM www.naturalbridge Va ??? Ill be there around June 17/18
Rich

Old 05-29-2008, 06:32 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by radco
ANOTHER option is get another Stock and cut it down or have it cut down to fit you, I will do my spare Stock Seat soon, Cut off some foam,add a gel pad add foam over that....A LOCAL AUTO Upholster can do it in most cases.. AND before you buy any parts ASK here for info........YOU will find out who used who and who has good prices......... HOW FAR are you FROM www.naturalbridge Va ??? Ill be there around June 17/18
Rich
I already sent a check out for another Nomad saddle from "donguer." I've heard several good things about the guy at http://greatdaytoride.com/Home_Page.php, so I'm thinking of using him to lower the saddle and add LD Gel as well. I need to check with him if it would move me back or forward (or keep me in the same place). I'm also thinking of the grasshopper backrest. I enjoyed the backrest on my old '84 Honda Nighthawk, so might as well get another.

I'm a few hours away from Natural Bridge. I'm just a few miles away from the Washington DC Beltway if that helps to visualize better.

I took the bike out for my first real ride yesterday. It was a short ride, mostly I was looking for an inspection station, as I need the state safety inspection. However, I forgot, at the end of the month all the procrastinators whose inspection are due that month are clogging up the stations so they won't get hit with a penalty the next month. I still have to get used to putting my feet forward onto the floorboards rather than down onto pegs, but other than that, I enjoyed the ride.

Thanks for all the comments so far!

Old 05-29-2008, 06:42 AM   #34

Send a message via Yahoo to ruruson1

congrats, and we hope to see you on the road.