Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 04-17-2008, 04:37 PM   #31

New Member Introduction

Welcome Bill from Middle Tennessee.
Sorry about the black Nomad, put a little silver on it and it will go faster

Shep

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-17-2008, 06:25 PM   #32

New Member Introduction

Hey Caddmannq from Clovis, Ca. I used to live in Valley many years ago. I lived there for 20 years. Graduated from McLane High School in Fresno in 1969. Beautiful area. I miss Sierra Summit, Millerton & Bass Lake. Day trips to Yosemite, Pismo Beach, Santa Cruz.

Great place to ride motorcycles. Over the years in Fresno, I rode the following bikes: (Wish I still owned them).

Yamaguchi 50cc
Honda 150 Dream
Honda cb110 50cc
Honda cl350
Suzuki 550 triple

Bill McDonell
Cleburne, TX

Old 04-17-2008, 08:28 PM   #33

New Member Introduction

Welcome from central Oklahoma. I "wander" around a lot, so we may cross paths one of these days. And don't worry about what is the fastest color, if we had wanted speed we would be riding crotch rockets not cruisers.

Old 04-17-2008, 08:45 PM   #34

New Member Introduction

Hey Bill,

Yeah, I like it here in Clovis. I can leave my house at 8:00 AM and be under the Giant Forest before the heat hits the pavement.

My wife teaches school in Parlier, and she'd love to retire in a few weeks. She's only 52, though, so I'm makin' her work 'til I'm darn good and ready for her to retire. ::)

Besides, she finally got her master's this spring, and she's gotta earn back some of the $13,000 we spent for her books and tuition. All of it in fact. And a profit too.

At least that's what she promised me when I let her go back to school.

Old 04-17-2008, 09:08 PM   #35

New Member Introduction

Quote:
Originally Posted by caddmannq
Welcome from Central California, Bill.

Do not let these guys B.S. you here. Blue and silver has always been the fastest. Mine was so fast I had to put some extra chrome on it to slow it down a bit.

The nicest thing about black is that it makes a wonderful base coat for any real color you want to paint over it. Like Blue for instance. And Silver.
That's it !! I'm puttin on the hip boots. It's gettin deep around here! ::)

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-17-2008, 09:12 PM   #36

New Member Introduction

Quote:
Originally Posted by bankerfrank
Quote:
Originally Posted by caddmannq
Welcome from Central California, Bill.

Do not let these guys B.S. you here. Blue and silver has always been the fastest. Mine was so fast I had to put some extra chrome on it to slow it down a bit.

The nicest thing about black is that it makes a wonderful base coat for any real color you want to paint over it. Like Blue for instance. And Silver.
That's it !! I'm puttin on the hip boots. It's gettin deep around here! ::)

Yeah, deep in black bikes - long live the Silver and Blue!!! (oh, that's right, my other bike is black and red)

Old 04-17-2008, 09:13 PM   #37

New Member Introduction

Quote:
Originally Posted by billmac
Thanks for the warm welcome from so many folks. Glad to hear that I bought the right bike and my Black is the fastest. (Actually I had a hard time picking the color) My shop is located on FM 2280 just a couple of miles north of Keene, TX, just south of Fort Worth. I keep refreshments on hand.

My wife and I want to take some short rides to get use to the 2 wheel traveling. I have a grandson in Austin so I may stop in for the ROT.

I look forward to visiting with everyone on KawaNow and learning about the Nomad.

Bill McDonell
Hey Nico, Todd, BD, SWB, sounds like a road trip to me ! You guys could teach ole Bill the about the finer things in life. I'd like to tag along just to watch.

Old 04-17-2008, 09:13 PM   #38

New Member Introduction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shep
Welcome Bill from Middle Tennessee.
Sorry about the black Nomad, put a little silver on it and it will go faster

Shep
Amen, brother !!

Old 04-18-2008, 09:29 AM   #39

New Member Introduction

Welcome from north Georgia !!
Come on in and stay a while!!

Old 04-18-2008, 09:43 AM   #40

Send a message via Yahoo to jussmatt
New Member Introduction

Hey There Fellow Texan!!! Welcome aboard the Crazy Train!!! I was just up in your area a couple of weeks ago for the Nascar race. We'll have to get together w/ a TX crew again soon.... Last one was in March.... Lots of fun!! You'll NEVER be sorry you bought a Nomad!!

Old 04-18-2008, 09:57 AM   #41

New Member Introduction

Welcome form SoCal!

Let's face it...... all the colors are relatively slow.... but the RED ones LOOk faster as they go by!!!!

Black is a close 2nd though!!

Old 04-18-2008, 11:30 AM   #42

New Member Introduction

welcome from the far eastern reaches of Nebraska. You'll enjoy the great folks here.