Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 09-02-2009, 08:42 AM   #31
Sr. Contributor

Nomad Nomore

Spend some time with that ABS set up... In a really big place with nothing to hit. Find a place with a bump at about 6 maybe 8 feet out where you would be BRAKING. Set a line of cheesit's where you would want to stop IE at the gas pumps.. back of a car sort of thing..

When the rear tire hits a divot and you are braking the ABS can and will spaz out, and allow the bike to go further than you would like! Of course the gas pumps will stop you as well as a car can.

06 1600 Nomad
Just call me Mac
molon labe come and get it

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 09-02-2009, 02:41 PM   #32

Nomad Nomore

Dank, congrats on your new ride. I had an 05 ST 1300 red for two years, including a memorable two week trip from PA to Nova Scotia via Bar Harbor. The bike is incredibly smooth and stable at highway speed and nimble in the twisties, really fun to ride. My ABS never kicked in. But after 8000 miles I concluded I was a cruiser guy at heart and was just not as comfortable with the sport tourer's riding position as on a cruiser, so I went back to my Honda Sabre 1100 until picking up my Nomad this summer. Had no real issues with my ST, did add some risers and a beautiful Sargent world touring seat with red piping, and a topbox. BEST TIP I can pass along to you is be sure to check out st-owners.com, a great forum of fanatical ST owners which you will find almost as good as KawaNow! Enjoy the new bike.