Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1700 Nomad, Vaquero & Voyager

Old 09-23-2015, 02:29 PM   #31
Advanced Member

Just picked up my bike this weekend and was pleasantly surprised to see that in addition to the V&H slip ons and the roaring toys intake, it had the PCV under the seat when I went to add air to the shocks.

Got the mapping and hope to have it remapped by the weekend.

Anything to look for to see if the throttle mod is already done too?

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Last edited by Scootergptx; 09-23-2015 at 02:32 PM.

Old 09-26-2015, 08:51 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scootergptx
Anything to look for to see if the throttle mod is already done too?
Open up the throttle grip housing. Look to see to see if there is a nice piece of machined aluminum between the plastic grip barrel and the throttle cables. If the cables are laying against the plastic grip barrel, you do not have the mod. If the cables are laying against a nice machined piece of aluminum, then you do. (Assuming stock or Kuryakyn grips - not sure if other grips are man'd from aluminum...)
Ride safe,
Smokier

Old 09-28-2015, 08:12 AM   #33
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokier View Post
Open up the throttle grip housing. Look to see to see if there is a nice piece of machined aluminum between the plastic grip barrel and the throttle cables. If the cables are laying against the plastic grip barrel, you do not have the mod. If the cables are laying against a nice machined piece of aluminum, then you do. (Assuming stock or Kuryakyn grips - not sure if other grips are man'd from aluminum...)
Ride safe,
Smokier
Thanks!
PCV (removed)
Ivan's ECU flash

Old 09-30-2015, 06:51 AM   #34

OK. guys and gals, I have a 2011 Vaquero with the big 3. The air filter is a stock replacement K&N, V&H full exhaust. and com.-5. I really haven't notice a big difference. And I still have some the throttle lag, What is the Racnray throttle Mod?

Old 09-30-2015, 07:23 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT. View Post
OK. guys and gals, I have a 2011 Vaquero with the big 3. The air filter is a stock replacement K&N, V&H full exhaust. and com.-5. I really haven't notice a big difference. And I still have some the throttle lag, What is the Racnray throttle Mod?
Greetings,

Ray runs a shop in south Florida. He has been working on scoots for years and is a huge fan of the Kawi 1700's. Specifically the Vaquero's. Has 85K on his. Anyhow, he too was annoyed by the lag in throttle response and dug in to investigate. See one of his posts on the topic, here.

http://www.vulcanbagger.com/forums/s...5&postcount=13

He found the cause and has manufactured a solution, which MANY of us have implemented (purchased).

He will perform the modification on the grip and get it shipped back to you very quickly. If you are thinking about changing grips, send him the throttle grip before installing...
At any rate, it works and removes that lag from the initial twist of the throttle to the engine responding.
I did the RacnRay mod before the big three. It was an improvement without a doubt. I wanted more sound and better fuel economy, so then did the big three...

Ride safe,
Smokier
2012 Victory Crossroads in Sunset Red "Ruby"

Previous Vulcans: '15 Vaquero, '12 Vaquero, '10 1700 Nomad, '04 1500 Classic, '01 1500 Classic, '88 Vulcan 750
VROC # 10967 | VBA # 3115

Login or Register to Remove Ads