Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 09-30-2008, 10:32 AM   #31

First Bike Rally vs. Riding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netnorske
I would love to make the run to Custer next summer and if by chance I do, maybe we and BigJohn, if he goes, could ride out together, but...

That would be a three day ride out...three days there....then three days ride home. Not sure I can swing a 9 day bike-riding orgy... !
You could do two 600 mile freeway days out there and cut two days off. Sacrifice a little of the scenic ride to be with us cool people :)

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 10-01-2008, 02:29 AM   #32

Weren't the '08 rallies devided by region? I thought that I saw something like three different rallies about the time that I was looking at joining in.

Trip, I'm personally looking forward to the full rally this year, but are there thoughts to do a National Rally during the odd number of years, and Regional Rallies during the even numbered years?

(Corrected my English )

Old 10-01-2008, 09:16 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by rksaw
Weren't the '08 rallies devided by region? I thought that I saw something like three different rallies about the time that I was looking at joining in.

Trip, I'm personally looking forward to the full rally this year, but are there thoughts to do a National Rally during the odd number of years, and Regional Rallies during the even numbered years?

(Corrected my English )
You've got it right.

Old 10-01-2008, 10:37 AM   #34
Mega-Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rksaw

(Corrected my English )
Unless things have changed, that was the original plan.

Even years = regional rallies
Odd years = national rally
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Old 10-01-2008, 10:41 AM   #35
VBA Founder

Dan and CJ are both correctamundo.
Trip's Website

Custer 09, 18 / Maggie Valley 11 / Eureka Springs 09, 17 / Antlers 09, 10, 11, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18
Texas Hill Country / Deals Gap / Colorado / Wyoming / Montana / Utah / More trips for Trip

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 10-01-2008, 03:31 PM   #36
Advanced Member

I have been to sturgis,hells canyon rally,oyster run rally,cow chip boogie rally and I loved them all the bigger the better. But when we go we ride out of town all day see all the sights and come back to the rally for all the night festivaties. I wish I could go to more but time and $$$$$$ sometimes limit that.

Old 10-01-2008, 06:25 PM   #37

i like the small town rallys. still have some vendors, still have some debauchery, but it aint 20000 people either. Jacksonville tx is having one this saturday, with bands and vendors and the works. looking forward to it.

Old 10-03-2008, 07:41 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjohn

\No hot wings this trip. They only had a buffett of salmon, pork and flayed chicken. Considering the mob that was coming through, it was good idea.

Yep, there are some nice rides up here. Love making the CederWillie, Darrington, Arlington loop. Very nice way to pass a pleasent morning.

North Cascades is, well, the North Cascade Highway. Great road, great scinery, and add in good friends and a good meal in Winthrop, what more can you ask for?

Which raises the question, why'd you leave? I've been trying to get up here for 30 years. Company finally landed a project I could handle. Sweet.
Ah, I wish I hadn't, truth be told. But when you get a job offer that raises your income a substantial amount and it's a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, you take the chance that things will be better. I don't miss all the rain and cold of WA in the off-season, but the summers sure do make up for it! I would've easily put 10K on my bike this past summer.

I think I got spoiled on good riding right outside my front door. Hop on and go. Here you have to ride 100 miles or more just to get to some decent scenery.

"Taranis" and the Lovely Ann
KawaNOW Oldschool #885
His: 2006 Nomad
Hers: 2008 VN900 Classic LT