Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 09-25-2007, 01:07 PM   #31
Top Contributor

Thought this might cause some good coments

Damn look at that boy go!
VBA #0002
VBA VP-Global
B.A.C.A. Hoss
2005 "StrongBear" Black/Silver

Todd and BD

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 09-25-2007, 03:47 PM   #32

That looks like fun.

Old 09-26-2007, 12:01 PM   #33

Quote:
.....wonder how nobby tires would work on Nomads in the sand??
I could have used some grip assistance last Thursday morning.
Riding my bike to the fire field in the early morning dark, I mis-judged the road surface, thinking it was caleche with a thin layer of soupy stuff ( from ongoing construction ) and attempted to make my way about a hundred yards to the building I needed to get to. About a third of the way in the caleche went bye bye and I was sitting on mud slicker than owl snot. Fortunately I didnt dump the bike, but not for lack of trying. Deciding that as much trouble as I was having keeping the bike upright and with both wheels traveling the same direction I continued forward at a snail's pace picking up more mud on the wheels and packing it in under the fenders as I went. About 25 feet from terra firma the road started up a slight grade and my forward progress stopped. More throttle just made the rear wheel want to pass the front wheel, and less got me nowhere fast. Fortunately a kind soul gave me a push to help get me out of that quagmire and I made it to a dry parking area. I found a stick to start digging the mud outta the places I could see, and determined that my afternoon was going to be occupied cleaning my mud-caked baby up.
At the end of the day some of it had dried enough to fall off when a little influence was applied, the rest however was more resistant. I spent the better part of a ten dollar bill and almost an hour at the car wash removing the evidence of my cranial-rectal-immersion. Fortunately all that was damaged in this fiasco was my pride (which will heal) and I learned a very important lesson. The Nomad is a beautiful street ride, but she doesnt have any business where my dumb A$$ tried to take her.

Old 09-26-2007, 01:30 PM   #34
Top Contributor

Too funny lw! cranial-rectal-immersion was my favorite part. I'll be chuckling all day with that one.
VBA #0002
VBA VP-Global
B.A.C.A. Hoss
2005 "StrongBear" Black/Silver

Todd and BD