Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Off-Topic

Old 04-09-2009, 04:42 PM   #16

Looking for a Job ???????

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyboy ... #00722
Quote:
Originally Posted by strobe
It must be a great job though....they always are so happy and friendly when I cross the border. :-/
Boy I don't know what border you're crossing at Cory, but it sure as heck isn't at the one I cross at every weekend. I understand they have a very serious job to do and dangerous at that. But do you think they could crack a smile or say welcome? "where do you live? Why are you coming to the USA? How long are you going to be here.? They don't ask with a nice tone......they seem to have a chip on their shoulder. I am always pleasant, smiling, and non-evasive. I must have spoken with almost every guard, at the crossing I use.

There was a story not long ago about a Canadian who was pepper sprayed by a guard. And perhaps rightfully so.
I guess this Canadian pulled up to the guard crossing area, and was asked a few of the usual questions when I guess the Canadian got tired of the type of attitude I explained above,... and when asked a question similar I guess to, "can you turn your car off" ? or "open the trunk",... I don't know for sure. The Canadian said he would when the guard said please. He was asked a couple of more times in the same manner. When the guard told him if he didn't do what he was asked he'd pay the consequences. I guess the Canadian didn't, and he was pepper sprayed. :)
I find it very similar to what you describe Ricky, once in a while I get a nice one that seems polite, but not often enough.

2002 Nomad aka Bountyhunter
VBA #27
VROC #18951

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-09-2009, 04:55 PM   #17

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by strobe
It must be a great job though....they always are so happy and friendly when I cross the border. :-/
Boy I don't know what border you're crossing at Cory, but it sure as heck isn't at the one I cross at every weekend. I understand they have a very serious job to do and dangerous at that. But do you think they could crack a smile or say welcome? "where do you live? Why are you coming to the USA? How long are you going to be here.? They don't ask with a nice tone......they seem to have a chip on their shoulder. I am always pleasant, smiling, and non-evasive. I must have spoken with almost every guard, at the crossing I use.

There was a story not long ago about a Canadian who was pepper sprayed by a guard. And perhaps rightfully so.
I guess this Canadian pulled up to the guard crossing area, and was asked a few of the usual questions when I guess the Canadian got tired of the type of attitude I explained above,... and when asked a question similar I guess to, "can you turn your car off" ? or "open the trunk",... I don't know for sure. The Canadian said he would when the guard said please. He was asked a couple of more times in the same manner. When the guard told him if he didn't do what he was asked he'd pay the consequences. I guess the Canadian didn't, and he was pepper sprayed. :)
That was sarcasm....I have never met a happy one, except once when I was coming back and gota Canadaian guard that loved bikes and spent 15 minutes at around 12:30 AM talking about my bike....
2007 Honda ST1300 (sold)
2005 Kawasaki Nomad (sold)
2004 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
http://www.strobel.ws
VBA #01021
VROC #29389

Old 04-19-2009, 03:12 PM   #18
Top Contributor

if they would give me a 4X4 to drive around a AK-47 to well you know, I would think about it.

Old 04-20-2009, 02:39 PM   #19

Quote:

Not having been there I could only speculate as to the spraying being warranted or not in this instance; however I'll bet he complies next time without delay.