Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Off-Topic

Old 11-05-2008, 09:30 PM   #16
Advanced Member

Send a message via AIM to dhomoney Send a message via Yahoo to dhomoney
President Obama

Quote:
Originally Posted by ez money
you can t hank your lucky stars that they didnt get 60 in the senate. Thats the same situation that the Reps were in when they had majority in house and senate. Without 60 votes you can not invoke clouture, and there fore can filibuster forever.

Thats your only protection now in washington
True but a few of the Republicans are RINOs and really Dems in disguise.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 11-05-2008, 10:47 PM   #17

President Obama

[quote=Cajunrider ]
Quote:
Originally Posted by "SWB,voices tell me evil things":70oa4fvg

Cling hard to those guns, Obama is against gun ownership.
So is Biden, Pelosi, and Harry. I've been a licensed dealer for the last 15 years. Part time kitchen table gun runners is how the Clintons referred to us. Business will be booming for the next couple of months due to the consequences that will come with the election results. I've already stocked up for myself with guns and ammo over the last few years so I'm well prepared for the stripping of our second ammendment rights. Better hurry and buy now.[/quote:70oa4fvg]

Yep, I was thinking on the way home tonight that now is a good time to invest in some stock for firearms and gun powder companies. Seriously.

Old 11-05-2008, 10:52 PM   #18

President Obama

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhomoney
Quote:
Originally Posted by formikec

And don't post on the WWW that you have them.
Have what?
Anything to do with the 2nd Amendment. I'll post on the WWW right now that I don't have any firearms, and nobody needs to come knocking on my door looking for any when they outlaw them.

Old 11-06-2008, 10:39 AM   #19

President Obama

When he spoke Tuesday night he was already campaigning for 2012....said 'we won't be able to change things in a year or probably not even in my first term'............. ::)duh
Kawanow Member #23
Hubbie-Ken '10 Metalic Black Goldwing

Old 11-06-2008, 10:49 AM   #20

President Obama

Quote:
Originally Posted by formikec
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhomoney

Have what?
Anything to do with the 2nd Amendment. I'll post on the WWW right now that I don't have any firearms, and nobody needs to come knocking on my door looking for any when they outlaw them.
Guns...what guns....somebody said something about guns....like perhaps a gun in my vest in my sig pic?......why no.....that's my cell phone! ;)
Kawanow Member #23
Hubbie-Ken '10 Metalic Black Goldwing

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 11-06-2008, 01:46 PM   #21
Top Contributor

President Obama

It's already begun, and it's truly sad. I saw a news report online and this young black girl said "He's going to save us. He's going to help me be successful." "We are finally (Finally?!?) rising up." Yes folks, we are seeing the true "color" of this election and the real reason people voted for Obama.

I understand that many never thought this would happen, hell, I never thought this would happen. My problem is that many voted just because of his color and not because of what he stood for. I've witnessed co-workers celebrating, telling me how they cried or celebrated all night just because a black man won. But here are a few non-reported facts:

Obama is actually biracial. I've always heard that biracial children were scorned by both races because they weren't truly one or the other. Yet the black community claims him as one of theirs, completely ignoring his other side.

Oh, but wait, his other side isn't African-American! It's African. Having worked with Africans, I can tell you there is a tremendous difference in philosophies between them and African-Americans. Africans do not like American blacks, don't even acknowledge them as Africans. Why? Because blacks here have everything at their fingertips while Africans have to fight, majorly sacrifice in order to go to school, and face poverty, starvation, persecution and horrors that blacks here will never face. Hell, going to college for a black person here is easy. Over there, only the top ever get the chance and even then the family must work hard to earn the money to send just 1 family member to college. Not to mention that many get their degree, come here with a doctorate or MD and are not recognized for their profession because the degree doesn't transfer.

Obama was raised by his white mother and grandmother! Yet suddenly his African family is proud of him? Why not focus more on his upbringing and how positive it was? Talk about the family environment he had, talk about how good to him the white people were in his life. Instead, they focus on the color of his skin.

And our beloved media. Yes, that bastion of truth and honesty....my ass. Watching a Fox news report, over 51% of people polled felt that the media did more to promote Obama than promote McCain. Even Democrats felt the media was slanted toward Obama. And we're supposed to believe their b.s. that they are unbiased?

Sorry for this being so long, but working in a minority dominated environment and hearing all of these comments has caused me to reach a point of needing to get this off my chest. I'm tired of all of the Obama is our savior talk and the We are finally coming out of our oppression attitudes by people. The majority of the people saying this have no idea what it's like to be oppressed, have no idea what it's like to be denied access somewhere simply because they where the wrong color, sex, age, etc. Yet they act as though this is still the 1800's. It's truly sad.

Obama is now our president and I will support him as I would any president, with a cautious eye to see if those promises are upheld and to see if the government machine swallows him. My only hope is that he can make a difference now that he is in power and that race does not become an even stronger divisor in this country.

Thanks for letting me vent.
VBA #0002
VBA VP-Global
B.A.C.A. Hoss
2005 "StrongBear" Black/Silver

Todd and BD

Old 11-06-2008, 01:59 PM   #22

President Obama

we here in wyoming consider gun ownership as mandatory and
concealed carry a right.
VBA # 745 COG #11621
wheatland,wy.
rallies-custer 09,kalispell 10,crescent city 11,kanab 12,estes park 13,orifino 14.,red lodge 16

2015 ninja 1000 abs
2014 concourse 14
2012 concourse 14-sold
2011 vaquero-sold
2008 nomad-sold
2005 classic-sold

Old 11-06-2008, 02:18 PM   #23

President Obama

Here is your unbiased media:

http://www.breitbart.tv/html/214673.html

Old 11-06-2008, 04:49 PM   #24

President Obama

Stock Market down 10% since the election...What does that tell you ???
??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Old 11-06-2008, 06:01 PM   #25

President Obama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe (mrfuni) #250
Stock Market down 10% since the election...What does that tell you ???
??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
Things are looking up!

It was worse before the election, things are already getting better. I think that the fear people had about McCain winning was evidenced by the huge loses in the market prior to the election.

Now that Obama is in people are feeling more secure and the market is only down 10% due to the renewed optimism

Almost sounds convincing huh :)

Old 11-06-2008, 08:12 PM   #26

President Obama

Almost...yeah, not so much.

Old 11-06-2008, 08:48 PM   #27

President Obama

Largest 2 day percentage drop in history following the election.....That tells me something different. Oh, and don't forget what's his name, the president of Iran, he sent an unprecedented congratulations today to our president elect. I wonder if he sent his condolences to Senator McCain?

2016 Electra Glide Ultra Limited CVO
Palladium Silver / Phantom Blue
110 cu in SE

2012 Electra Glide Ultra Limited (Traded 6/22/16)
Tequila Sunrise / HD Orange
Vance & Hines true dual headers
Rinehart 4" slip ons
Screamin Eagle Super Tuner
Screamin Eagle Stage 1 intake
Dyno tuned
H.O.G.# 4514015

2007 Nomad 1600 (Traded 6/23/12)
VBA #482

Old 11-06-2008, 08:54 PM   #28

President Obama

Obama's biggest fear should be whether he will be able to deliver on the high expectations of his "followers".

Obama will have problems; he will have defeats; he will have challenges he cannot overcome; and change will come much slower than many of his followers will expect.

As an American; I will support our country; but I do not have to agree with our government's direction or leadership.

I will be taking notes; taking names; and taking action when necessary to defend my thoughts and beliefs with our politicians.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."

"You can have your own opinion, but not your own facts."

Former VBA NCR Assist Regional Leader
Formerly: 2004 1500FI Bronze Nomad: 2009 & 2014 HD Ultra
Current Rides: 2017 HD Ultra Limited & 2011 Can Am Spyder RTS-SE
Attended: VBA National Rallies 2009, 2011, 2015; VBA/NCR Regional Rally 2010, 12, 14, 16 and several rides throughout with regional members.
VBA Member #652
HOG Member #3935417

Old 11-06-2008, 09:08 PM   #29
Top Contributor

President Obama

That little devil from Iran probably told Obama "Thanks for saving my life." I also wonder just how wonderful it will be when he starts announcing tax increases or cuts in services?
VBA #0002
VBA VP-Global
B.A.C.A. Hoss
2005 "StrongBear" Black/Silver

Todd and BD

Old 11-07-2008, 12:05 AM   #30

President Obama

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWB,voices tell me evil things
That little devil from Iran probably told Obama "Thanks for saving my life." I also wonder just how wonderful it will be when he starts announcing tax increases or cuts in services?
Ummmm, Bush still has a couple of months. Nothing would surprise me.