Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Off-Topic

Old 09-26-2008, 03:30 PM   #16

Bummer

The photo-radarr thing reminds me of a funny email my wife sent me. Woman tells her husband she is going out with her girlfriends. Gets all dolled up and everything. A few days later her husband opens the mail to find a photo-radar picture of his wife in her car with her boyfriend's d**k in her hand. OOPS

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 09-26-2008, 03:51 PM   #17
Mega-Contributor

Bummer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OP
The photo-radarr thing reminds me of a funny email my wife sent me. Woman tells her husband she is going out with her girlfriends. Gets all dolled up and everything. A few days later her husband opens the mail to find a photo-radar picture of his wife in her car with her boyfriend's d**k in her hand. OOPS
BUSTED!
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Old 09-26-2008, 08:36 PM   #18

Bummer

Got to love technology.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."

"You can have your own opinion, but not your own facts."

Former VBA NCR Assist Regional Leader
Formerly: 2004 1500FI Bronze Nomad: 2009 & 2014 HD Ultra
Current Rides: 2017 HD Ultra Limited & 2011 Can Am Spyder RTS-SE
Attended: VBA National Rallies 2009, 2011, 2015; VBA/NCR Regional Rally 2010, 12, 14, 16 and several rides throughout with regional members.
VBA Member #652
HOG Member #3935417

Old 09-26-2008, 09:54 PM   #19
Advanced Member

Send a message via MSN to Blue Rebel
Bummer

The have the photo thing in El Paso at the intersections for catching people running red lights.

Old 09-26-2008, 11:05 PM   #20

Bummer

I guess the lack of photo radar is yet another reason to love living in a small town.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 09-27-2008, 08:55 AM   #21

Bummer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rksaw
I guess the lack of photo radar is yet another reason to love living in a small town.
+1

Here's some more thoughts on this, and why it rubs me so wrong.
A private company has a product engineer type who one day thinks up something like, "hey, we could make a camera and a radar gun together and .............."

The boss thinks it's a great idea and it'll make the company a lot of money and pursues it.

The whole thing was about making the company a lot of money. Now in order to make the company a lot of money, it needs to be sold in a certain way so as to not make the company look too greedy.

Public safety is how it is sold. We are making the streets safer becomes the selling point. But really, it is all about a cash machine that can pump money into the company day and night.

Think of how bad it sounds it was sold not so cleverly. A company approaches a city and says, we have a machine that we want to drop off in your city that will give us $30 every time a car goes over the speed limit past our machine, can we put one of our cash generators in your city? The city say why should we let you do that? They say, will give you $20 each time too, and you don't have to do a thing, just sit back and let the money roll in. We will roam your streets collecting money off your citizens day and night, and you do nothing.

And that is what is happening. A private company is making tons of money by doing that.

We get used to it, because we are in our cars. What if a private company wanted to roam the city looking in houses for code violations, and the city let them?

Old 09-27-2008, 09:04 AM   #22

Send a message via Yahoo to jussmatt
Bummer

Thanks for that thought Dan...... as if I didn't HATE those damn things enought already!!!! LOL!

Old 09-27-2008, 04:51 PM   #23
Top Contributor

Bummer

They just started in Austin having photo red light running. they have a few cameras and adding more. i think its $75 a pop.

Old 09-27-2008, 05:48 PM   #24
Mega-Contributor

Bummer

Redflex Systems, one of the photo radar "concessionaires" is an Australian company. Aussies are making money off of Americans lead feet.
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Old 09-27-2008, 09:07 PM   #25

Bummer

If it slows people down at intersections, and prevents a few running red lights when I'm on the bike, I'm all for it. I watched a woman run a red light this spring and T-bone a pickup.Fortunately,no one was hurt. but had it been a bike instead of a truck ????????

Old 09-27-2008, 10:59 PM   #26

Bummer

One of our neighboring cities pulled their redlight cameras because they were CAUSING accidents. Yep - people would see the yellow and rather than take the chance of it going red while they were in the intersection, they would slam on the brakes and get rear ended.

Old 09-28-2008, 01:58 AM   #27

Bummer

The state of Oregon wants to consider using GPS systems in cars and tax people based on miles driven. The problem is when they start to compare time driven and miles driven, then they'll be able to ticket people anywhere regardless of the presence of a law enforcement officer.

That said, speeding is a problem...and one that I struggle with. I speed way to much and shouldn't. I think that all of us would agree that laws need to be enforced, we just hate it when it is enforced on us. But when we--and we all do it--get busted, we all want to justify our actions (I was following the flow of traffic, I was trying to get out of that other car's blind spot, I was...fill in the blank). Now I like to joke around (see my previous posts), but if we don't accept responsibility for our own actions and refuse to pay the consequences when they are due, then what rights do we have when others don't want to "play by the rules".

I know that we cannot regulate morality, but what we can do is own up to our own misdeeds...even when we don't want to.
Rich

Old 09-28-2008, 03:22 AM   #28

Bummer

If you hurry and send in your money, maybe they can afford a better camera before you pass that way again. Sorry, I know it hurts. I'm twisted, I know. ::)
Every week a new stoplight camera is showing up along my route. You gotta laugh to keep from cryin. :'(

Old 09-28-2008, 12:27 PM   #29
Mega-Contributor

Bummer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rksaw
The state of Oregon wants to consider using GPS systems in cars and tax people based on miles driven. The problem is when they start to compare time driven and miles driven, then they'll be able to ticket people anywhere regardless of the presence of a law enforcement officer.

That said, speeding is a problem...and one that I struggle with. I speed way to much and shouldn't. I think that all of us would agree that laws need to be enforced, we just hate it when it is enforced on us. But when we--and we all do it--get busted, we all want to justify our actions (I was following the flow of traffic, I was trying to get out of that other car's blind spot, I was...fill in the blank). Now I like to joke around (see my previous posts), but if we don't accept responsibility for our own actions and refuse to pay the consequences when they are due, then what rights do we have when others don't want to "play by the rules".

I know that we cannot regulate morality, but what we can do is own up to our own misdeeds...even when we don't want to.

Rich
I first heard about this a couple of years ago. I love the sense of entitlement government has when it comes to MY MONEY. The state isn't making as much revenue off of gas tax as they'd like because people are doing what they've been told to do and buy more efficient vehicles. So the state, feeling entitled to the money comes up with a plan to tax people based on annual mileage. Problem is, with a GPS-based system, they not only know how many miles you drove, but how fast you drove them and WHERE YOU WENT. This plan constitutes an egregious invasion of privacy and I pray that it never becomes a law anywhere.
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060