Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 08-03-2008, 08:36 AM   #16

Send a message via Yahoo to nomad
chrome saddlebag rails

no, haven't bought them yet. i believe you have to drill holes to mount them though.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 08-03-2008, 07:56 PM   #17

chrome saddlebag rails

Yes you have to drill 3 holes in the top of each bag. It really was scary because each bag is 1200 bux if I recall. Thats a major problem if you mess up. JUST MEASURE TWICE AND THEN REMEASURE AGAIN!!! Not that big of a deal, just be careful. It was successfully installing the top rails that gave me the courage to drill out the exhaust. and definitely add extra rubber washers to the underside and potentially to the top. I bough some kind of curved grommet stylle washer with rubber attached to the other side from lowes and put them up against the top of the bags right under the rails. I will only get a water seepeage in a very strong downpour.

Old 08-03-2008, 09:57 PM   #18

chrome saddlebag rails

Whenever I add something new to the Nomad, the wife always ask's. "You don't have to drill, do you?" She gets more nervous then I do.

Old 08-03-2008, 11:42 PM   #19

chrome saddlebag rails

Putting the top rails on my bags was a stressful day for me too. I had owned my brand new Nomad for two days, and I was about to drill three holes into each bag. I must have measured about twenty times before I drilled the first hole. Luckily the first side I did went very well, so that gave me the confidence to finish the job. I'm glad I did it.

Old 08-04-2008, 04:27 PM   #20

chrome saddlebag rails

I feel so very fortunate. I found the four bar ones on ebay and the bid was $80 some dollars and I emailed the seller to see what he would take for them and he had another set still in the plastic for $150 + shipping. I think I paid about $165 or $170 total.
It was nerve-racking to drill the holes but was able with the gadget web site to get er done. I followed the web site instructions pretty close. I did use rubber with attached metal washer from 5/16" sheet metal screws to put between the rack and the bag on both sides.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 08-04-2008, 08:05 PM   #21

chrome saddlebag rails

For Kaw Parts CONTACK Sam at Smith Bros in Al. her e mail is doodledogsmom@aol.com
Her Shop is
http://smithbrothersoneonta.com/

She is on the top of our link page as well..

http://www.kawanow.org/links.htm

TELL her you are a member here,,we average 20% over dealer cost,, CaddQ got a est on shocks and she was 200$ cheaper.. Doesnt cost anything to ask Rich