Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1700 Nomad, Vaquero & Voyager

Old 08-02-2018, 11:58 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokier View Post
WizardOI,

I had tried the Chuckster BAK and removed it due to the extra noise coming from the engine area. With the factory air system removed, all the ticking, clacking, sucking sounds coming from the engine area could be heard, especially at speed. These noises troubled me, so the BAK went bye-bye.
Would it be worth the effort to put the factory air package back on as a test and "see" if the extra sounds disappeared?

Smokier

Same thing with Thunder air kit....... lots of new noises. Can't really hear them at 4,000 rpm with the V&H slip-ons, though.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 08-03-2018, 07:55 AM   #17
Top Contributor

Quote:
WizardOI,

I had tried the Chuckster BAK and removed it due to the extra noise coming from the engine area. With the factory air system removed, all the ticking, clacking, sucking sounds coming from the engine area could be heard, especially at speed. These noises troubled me, so the BAK went bye-bye.
Would it be worth the effort to put the factory air package back on as a test and "see" if the extra sounds disappeared?

Smokier
If you took Chucksters BAK off what do you have on their now ?
The factory air intake does a pretty good job of masking the noises you were hearing.

Old 08-04-2018, 06:23 AM   #18

Greetings,
I am back to all stock. I had taken the left side off and the crossover tube. With all that plastic removed, the sounds from the throttle body clicking and sucking was ... irritating.

Ride safe,
Smokier

Old 08-04-2018, 07:29 AM   #19

Quote:
Greetings,
I am back to all stock. I had taken the left side off and the crossover tube. With all that plastic removed, the sounds from the throttle body clicking and sucking was ... irritating.

Ride safe,
Smokier
I did the same, for the same reason... Now K&N OEM replacement filter, no noise, and thanks to Ivan so little difference in power that I don't notice the difference between either intake in that respect.

Nothing screams poor workmanship like wrinkles in the duct tape
'02 1500 blonde Nomad (Sold) '97 800 burgundy Classic (Sold)