Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Free Classifieds > Complete Bikes

Old 10-05-2014, 09:50 AM   #16

A bike that old with that low of miles is not always a good thing. First thing the tires are 7 - 8 years old and no matter how much tread are on them they need to be replaced, tires have a life of about 7 years and then they deteriorate. The fluids, clutch, brake, anti freeze fork oil ETC probably have been been changed and will need that done now. Seals dry up if left dry after so many years so you could start to have leaks also.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 10-05-2014, 10:37 PM   #17

how was it uncalled for? he has a statement in his signature that i addressed with my opinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeyman View Post
First, there were no "stripped down Nomads". ALL Nomads came with hard bags and a windscreen. Either it's not a Nomad (maybe just a Classic) or someone took the bags/screen off. Either way, it's way overpriced. Two years ago, I sold my '07 Nomad (15k miles, HD fairing w/stereo, gauges, LRS windscreen, completely redone HD tour pak and Wompus rack) for less than $7k. With only 15xx miles, the new owner should plan on doing some maintenance before riding (replacing hoses, flushing the coolant and oil, maybe replacing the tires). Like CJ said, Nomad bags aren't cheap and a Nomad windscreen isn't, either. Sure, you can add HD bags but then you have to fab up some mounts. If the bike is a Classic (and I imagine it is), you'll need a new exhaust (the Classic, both on one side exhaust won't fit under HD or Nomad bags). Unless you have great access to misc parts and some mad fab skills, that bike would end up at close to $10k before it was a "Nomad". Not such a great deal after all.

The comment about CJs signature was uncalled for, too. If you don't like Harleys, find a thread about various makes and make a general statement about them. Commenting on one persons sig negatively makes it personal, especially when you're so new to the group.

Oh, and welcome to the VBA.

Old 10-05-2014, 10:50 PM   #18

and for the record I didnt post anything to stir anything up, I know i'm new here and friends are over rated anyway. that being said he had an open statement about 2 types of riders and I said that wasnt the case and it could not be more wrong lol. and HD does sell a ton of bikes, just like anyother manufacturer. I just prefer not to support a company that debuts technology 10-15 years after its been out and yet its still compared to as #1 like fuel injection honda in 1982! hd only used it in 95 on the electraglide only, softtail didnt get it until 2001 I dont support a company that puts a premium on everything that comes standard on many other manufacturers bikes. To me a HD is like buying a northface sweater for 110$ and a 35$ columbia sweater looks exactly the same and does the same thing just my opinion

Old 10-05-2014, 10:53 PM   #19

the wife and I decided on a voyager thanks for th search results hwyrider

Old 10-05-2014, 11:14 PM   #20

I'm not sure of the years that the Voyager had the kits installed to redirect the hot air away from the riders legs. I think the 09 and 10 required an after thought kit from Kawasaki. I may be wrong on the years. Someone with a Voyager would probably know and speak up.

2010 Nomad 1700
Metallic Diablo Black/Metallic Titanium

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 10-06-2014, 08:31 AM   #21
Sr. Contributor

hahahaha....good reading.
Gerry Martineau / 802 VT / VBA #0892 /[email]glmjgm@gmail.com[email]

Old 10-11-2014, 09:39 AM   #22

Mpereira .First Thanks for posting the link and maybe help someone out looking for a new ride. 2: Congrats on the Voyager you will love it! 3: The quotes under CJ post is a joke/ribbing. We tease each other here a lot.! The way you said it was more a bashing of someone's ride! If you don't like a brand don't buy it, I have ridden HONDA;s since 71 , My NOMAD in 2008 my first Kawasaki. I didn't buy a HD in the Early years because of some issue's but still like them. But we have our own opinion on what we like and dislike, It is how you say it that can cause a shot storm! Ask Monkeyman he and I had a misunderstanding a while back, because of how things were said were misinterpreted :).. Welcome to the group you will learn a lot about your bike, Great gearheads here that will go out of their way to help.

FYI re read you post to CJ and revers the [people ! What would you think? Rant over WELCOME :)

Last edited by radco; 10-11-2014 at 09:43 AM.

Old 10-11-2014, 09:41 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loafer View Post
hahahaha....good reading.
Interesting read for sure lol..