Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1500 & 1600 Nomad

Old 09-25-2012, 10:14 AM   #16

Thank you for the Info

Thank you for the info Mac. I hope to have the TFI unit soon and remove the fuelpak. I hate to do it, but I think I will have to try to eBay the used fuelpak. Obviously some people are buying them and that will get me some of my money back. I would have never purchased a fuelpak after determining the programming method by researching the product before purchase but this one came with the bike. I am still going through my "used bike shakedown" as I do all used vehicles since in 47 years I have never purchased a new one.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 09-25-2012, 10:31 AM   #17
Sr. Contributor

I never had a new off the show room floor bike myself and i am almost 61 now. The 06 is as close as i have so far and it came with 1,314 miles on it.

I don't care how you go about selling what is yours.... The items is good, and works is all that matters.

Now being who I am would mean I would have to tell a buyer the truth.

This is a on going thing with me right now. I have 2 wampum belts made of fimo, an acrylic polymer. I bought these for 100 bucks each back in 05 for powder horn straps.

These look really great as a replica of clam shell, but there are some wicked fragile, and I broke beads just getting it home from Crown Point NY back then. After contacting the seller he sent more beads to fix these with... i wanted my money back, but so far he has refused.

With great care ever since and 0 use of any kind i have not been able to sell these belts since I must tell people they are fit for a window box display only.

So this very week I am just sending these back with the extra beads to that guy, just to be rid of them. No demands for anything I just want them gone. Now if anyone ever asks about the character of that seller what ever i have to say won't be very good....

06 1600 Nomad
Just call me Mac
molon labe come and get it

Old 09-25-2012, 10:36 AM   #18
Mega-Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve H. View Post
Ordered the TFI unit this morning. Best price I could find was $189.99 from OEMcycles.com. Can't wait to get that fuelpak off the bike. V&H has not responded to my e-mail support questions that are 2 days old. I can tell from their fuelpak.com site unless you have a Harley they are not interested in you so why bother making the application for the Nomad.
Ask the guys who have had their V&H head pipes crack what they think of V&H's customer service.
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17