Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1500 & 1600 Nomad

Old 03-19-2008, 10:23 PM   #16
Top Contributor

Brand of Gasoline

No, BD is trying to cover up his own love affair with Nico.
VBA #0002
VBA VP-Global
B.A.C.A. Hoss
2005 "StrongBear" Black/Silver

Todd and BD

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 03-19-2008, 10:38 PM   #17

Brand of Gasoline

Oh, I get it ! A closet affair...interesting

Old 03-19-2008, 10:50 PM   #18
Mega-Contributor

Brand of Gasoline

We have no refineries in AZ, all our gasoline comes in via pipeline from either El Paso, TX or San Pedro, CA. They pump diesel one day, jet fuel the next, then gasoline. It's stored in big tank farms where the tankers load up and deliver to the stations. I have a hard time believing there's much difference in any of it.

I remember reading MAD Magazine as a kid, and it showed two gas pumps at a filling station, one "ethyl" and one "regular" (this was a loooong time ago) at two different prices then underground, you could see they both pumped from the same tank.
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Old 03-19-2008, 11:04 PM   #19

Brand of Gasoline

I think you are absolutely correct. We have a large Exxon refinery her in Baton Rouge. I could be wrong, but it seems like 10-15% of the country's gasoline is produced here. I have heard numerous times over the years that they only make gas per government regs. The additives were the difference. But... I agree with BD about additives. They all have to work, because with the fuel injected engine, one wouldn't want to sell a product that would clog the injectors, or no one would buy their gas. IMHO

Old 03-20-2008, 11:03 AM   #20

Brand of Gasoline

Quote:
[quote:jpkieh05]Bankerfrank, no ant's here, just trying to keep current topics in somewhat order. I looked for the link so you could see for yourself so you didn't have to search. Now that's service with a smile right? :-)
Absolutely, BD. That's what I call service. Thanks. The thread answered most of my questions. Thanks for going to the trouble of looking it up and posting it for me.

P.S. Are Nico and SWB really gay ? [/quote:jpkieh05]

Welcome aboard BF...... on this board we we have a heavy mix of FUN, Sarcasm, Insanity, and Great Advice.. you'll love it here!

p.s.
As far as we know, Blowndodge is the only GayBoy on the site..... but Todd makes me wonder sometimes! lol

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 03-20-2008, 01:55 PM   #21
Top Contributor

Brand of Gasoline

Nico, YA KILLIN" ME...........and my wife would like you to know that you most definitely are wrong to even wonder :) :)

Todd Frazier
VBA #0003
VBA National Leader-USA Operations/Garage Moderator - RETIRED
2006 Black Nomad since she was born
Greensboro, NC

Old 03-20-2008, 07:10 PM   #22

Brand of Gasoline

Quote:
Nico, YA KILLIN" ME...........and my wife would like you to know that you most definitely are wrong to even wonder :) :)

Not a good sign that you think you have to clarify things my brother..... don't come down with the BD syndrome!!! :-*

Old 03-20-2008, 07:30 PM   #23

Brand of Gasoline

I have a friend that drives an eighteen wheeler gas truck. He says the fuel from the different oil companies is pretty much the same but the additives are what makes the difference.

Old 03-20-2008, 08:25 PM   #24

Brand of Gasoline

Gas is gas. My good friend, recently deceased at a young age, worked for a large oil/gas company and we had this discussion many times over a cold beer. His comment "Trust me, gas is gas". So I shop price when buying fuel for my cars, not a s big a deal on the motorcycle.

Old 03-20-2008, 08:47 PM   #25

Brand of Gasoline

Quote:
[quote:2wjspdan]

Absolutely, BD. That's what I call service. Thanks. The thread answered most of my questions. Thanks for going to the trouble of looking it up and posting it for me.

P.S. Are Nico and SWB really gay ?

Welcome aboard BF...... on this board we we have a heavy mix of FUN, Sarcasm, Insanity, and Great Advice.. you'll love it here!

I'M HOME !! With the sarcasm, insanity, and great advice.

p.s.
As far as we know, Blowndodge is the only GayBoy on the site..... but Todd makes me wonder sometimes! lol[/quote:2wjspdan]

Old 03-20-2008, 08:53 PM   #26

Brand of Gasoline

Quote:
Gas is gas. My good friend, recently deceased at a young age, worked for a large oil/gas company and we had this discussion many times over a cold beer. His comment "Trust me, gas is gas". So I shop price when buying fuel for my cars, not a s big a deal on the motorcycle.
Buck,

I think your friend is right. I might go a step further, and suggest that all additives are similar. To me, they'd have to be. Nothing but fuel injected engines on the road, nobody with good sense would buy a gas that clogs injectors. I'm running a test. I filled up at Sam's this afternoon in my Prius. I'll see how it likes Sam's gas, and what, if any, mileage difference ther may be. The display screen on my dash calculates mpg while you are driving. Should be interesting. I average 50 mpg now.

Old 03-20-2008, 09:08 PM   #27

Brand of Gasoline

Quote:
[quote:a8z9p4fv]Nico, YA KILLIN" ME...........and my wife would like you to know that you most definitely are wrong to even wonder :) :)

Not a good sign that you think you have to clarify things my brother..... don't come down with the BD syndrome!!! :-*[/quote:a8z9p4fv]

From now on, if I drop something while posting, I won't bend over to pick it up. LOL

Old 03-20-2008, 09:57 PM   #28
Top Contributor

Brand of Gasoline

The main thing I look for when getting gas is a sticker on the pump which states: "Up to 10% Ethanol is added to this fuel." When I see that, I go someplace else. I for sure won't use any gasahol or E85 fuel.

Bob
KawaNOW/VBA 210
Green/Silver 2006
Patriot Guard Riders 2009

Old 03-20-2008, 10:17 PM   #29

Brand of Gasoline

Quote:
The main thing I look for when getting gas is a sticker on the pump which states: "Up to 10% Ethanol is added to this fuel." When I see that, I go someplace else. I for sure won't use any gasahol or E85 fuel.
+1

Old 03-21-2008, 07:01 AM   #30
Top Contributor

Brand of Gasoline

Quote:
[quote:s3mb621h]Nico, YA KILLIN" ME...........and my wife would like you to know that you most definitely are wrong to even wonder :) :)

Not a good sign that you think you have to clarify things my brother..... don't come down with the BD syndrome!!! :-*[/quote:s3mb621h]

I'm sorry, I meant to say your wife would like you to know you are wrong...forgot to tell you I was in San Diego last week

btw, thanks Sue

Todd Frazier
VBA #0003
VBA National Leader-USA Operations/Garage Moderator - RETIRED
2006 Black Nomad since she was born
Greensboro, NC