Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Off-Topic

Old 04-27-2011, 09:26 PM   #16

Send a message via Skype™ to wompus
Saving gas?

Just pull a bigger trailer[/quote]

Pulling a bigger trailer isn't a problem, I got a couple.. but stopping can be a bitch!!!

Mike "WOMPUS' Nieznany
1999 Nomad "Fronkensteen"
Viet Nam Vet 68-69-70
KawaNOW #00577
I'm sarcastic and have a smart ass attitude. It's a natural defense against DRAMA, BULLSHIT & STUPIDITY!!

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-28-2011, 07:52 AM   #17

Saving gas?

Gas went up another 4 cents a litre here today, its at $1.40 now. That works out to $6.36 a Cdn gallon or $5.30 US gallon.

2002 Nomad aka Bountyhunter
VBA #27
VROC #18951

Old 04-28-2011, 08:10 AM   #18

Saving gas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringadingh
Gas went up another 4 cents a litre here today, its at $1.40 now. That works out to $6.36 a Cdn gallon or $5.30 US gallon.
Steve it seems like Toronto area is catching up to Montreal, it went to $1.43 or something stupid like that last week and when we went to Kingston it was running 20 cents cheaper a liter @$122.9 in Morissburg. I guess they think the big city folk have money to burn.

Norm Ward
2008 blue / silver nomad
kawanow / VBA #01136

Old 04-28-2011, 04:24 PM   #19

Saving gas?

Worth a try, our gas prices need to go down!!!!!!!

Subject: DON'T PUMP GAS ON APRIL 29th, 2011

If running low, just get your gas the day before on April 28th or the day after on April 30th. Every little bit helps.

In April 1997, there was a "gas out" conducted nationwide in protest of gas prices. Gasoline prices dropped 30 cents a gallon overnight.

On April 29th 2011 , all internet users are to not go to a gas station in protest of high gas prices. Gas is now over $3.80 a gal. in most places.

If all users did not go to the pump on the 29th, it would take $2,292,000,000.00 (that's almost 3 BILLION ) out of the oil companies pockets for just one day, so please do not go to the gas station on April 29th and let's try to put a dent in the Middle Eastern oil industry for at least one day.

If you agree resend this to all your contact list. With it saying, "Don't pump gas on April 29th

Why not give it a try!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."
1946 George Orwell

Old 04-29-2011, 10:26 AM   #20

Saving gas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NriderUSA

If running low, just get your gas the day before on April 28th or the day after on April 30th. Every little bit helps.

In April 1997, there was a "gas out" conducted nationwide in protest of gas prices. Gasoline prices dropped 30 cents a gallon overnight.

On April 29th 2011 , all internet users are to not go to a gas station in protest of high gas prices. Gas is now over $3.80 a gal. in most places.

If all users did not go to the pump on the 29th, it would take $2,292,000,000.00 (that's almost 3 BILLION ) out of the oil companies pockets for just one day, so please do not go to the gas station on April 29th and let's try to put a dent in the Middle Eastern oil industry for at least one day.

If you agree resend this to all your contact list. With it saying, "Don't pump gas on April 29th

This makes no sense to me at all.
If you buy the gas the day before and the day after instead of the 29th you and everybody else are still buying the same amount of gas. ::)
I also doubt the gas price would go down. They know sooner or later you are going to buy the gas in their tanks.
VBA #9

2011 Victory Kingpin mine
2013 Victory Boardwalk -hers

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000]
[SIZE=4]

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-29-2011, 11:41 AM   #21
Sr. Contributor

Saving gas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Cat (TC)
Quote:

If you buy the gas the day before and the day after instead of the 29th you and everybody else are still buying the same amount of gas. ::)
I also doubt the gas price would go down. They know sooner or later you are going to buy the gas in their tanks.
??? I'm not sure what good it is supposed to do either. ???
Gerry Martineau / 802 VT / VBA #0892 /[email]glmjgm@gmail.com[email]

Old 04-29-2011, 11:48 AM   #22
Top Contributor

Saving gas?

I'm glad I filled up the van yesterday :-/
74,010miles
VBA #299
Her's 10 900LT 36,700

09 Bath NY.
10 Lake George NY.
11 National Maggie Valley NC.
12 Pa Wilds (Wellsboro) Pa.
14 Lincoln NH.
17 National Lake George NY.

Old 04-29-2011, 12:04 PM   #23

Saving gas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Cat (TC)
Quote:

That's what I thought also, changes nothing their bottom line at the end of the week will be the same.
I have seen pretty much the same email go around every once and a while for the last couple of years. Only way that collectively a group could have an effect is not buy gas on a certain day and park all the cars for the amount of time it normally takes to burn the gas they skipped buying.

Norm Ward
2008 blue / silver nomad
kawanow / VBA #01136

Old 04-29-2011, 12:55 PM   #24

Saving gas?

I got that as an E-mail but I do believe the intent is to cause a disruption in cash flow for the moment.
If every one didnt spend a dime today on anything, the way our money system is it would cause problems because the millionaires are not really millionaires unless they keep money floating so it cant be counted, if it stops moving.... the reality is they arent as rich as it would seem.

Either was was just passing it on for those who keep attempting to "save gas" so to speak... just another idea to add to the heap.

1946 George Orwell

Old 04-29-2011, 01:11 PM   #25

Saving gas?

Good read for whether it would work or not..... its been sent before.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/gasoline/nogas.asp

1946 George Orwell

Old 05-11-2011, 12:50 PM   #26

Saving gas?

Hard to believe its been almost 3 years since the Democratically-controlled House and Senate lifted a 27-year congressional ban on offshore drilling off the Atlantic, Pacific and Arctic.
The move was accompanied by then-President George W. Bush announcing he was lifting a presidential ban on offshore drilling imposed by his father, former President George H.W. Bush, and renewed by Bill Clinton.

Guess they just did it to "appear" to want to get us off foreign oil... oh yeah and maybe get re-elected again.

Reid must be secure in his position since getting re-elected... he isnt going to allow any vote on anything to do with drilling to even get on the floor of the senate.
Again.... where's the actions backing up the words of getting us off foreign oil.

Energy in America: House to Vote on Lifting Offshore Oil Moratorium
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011...il-moratorium/

1946 George Orwell