Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Free Classifieds > Parts & Accessories

Old 01-04-2011, 07:39 PM   #16

Jack Adapter blow out

10/4, I wish you both success and hope it works out. BTW, not to get off topic here, but I'll be ordering the lowers on the forks that you sell here soon :)

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 01-04-2011, 07:51 PM   #17

Jack Adapter blow out

Quote:
Originally Posted by fltekdiver
10/4, I wish you both success and hope it works out. BTW, not to get off topic here, but I'll be ordering the lowers on the forks that you sell here soon :)
Cool, and keep inmind the lightbar kit as it will work with the fairing too.

Cheers
2010 Voyager (Blue/Silver)sold
2001 Nomad (gone, but not forgotten)

www.chucksterscustoms.com

Old 01-04-2011, 09:36 PM   #18

Send a message via AIM to Idaho
Jack Adapter blow out

Joe has been awesome with his offers and I am still pondering my options.

It has been suggested that I put some of my original designed adapters on E-Bay up against this guy to see what happens at my regular cost. He is underselling me by nine bux when you count in shipping. There are very clear differences in his and mine as far as quality goes. His is painted, mine is powdercoated. The pieces that pin the bike frame on his are made with steel plates welded the the sides of the frame bars and mine is made from a piece of 1 inch steel with a channel machined through. We had discussed using his method when we developed this pattern and decided against it because we did not want there to be any chance that those plates could roll out of place with the bikes weight resting on them. No chance of that with my kit.

He cut too many corners for my taste and mine are quality all the way, and for only 9 bux more. Hmmmmmm.........

What say you gents???
VBA #110
VROC #24864
IBA #49753
2007 Nomad 86,000 miles
Bud Smalley
Pocatello, Idaho

Idaho Jack Adapter

Old 01-04-2011, 09:55 PM   #19
Top Contributor

Jack Adapter blow out

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster131
Bud want's to put the kabash on the one selling on ebay as they <s>copied</s> STOLE his idea... !
VBA #0691
2017 HD Ultra Limited Low
2013 Victory Cross Country Tour
2012 1700 Vulcan Voyager
2008 1600 Vulcan Nomad
1997 Vulcan 800 Classic

"Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional"

Custer 2009|Kalispell 2010|Cortez 2010|Crescent City 2011|Kanab 2012|Canmore 2012|Estes Park 2013|Orofino 2014|Lake Tahoe 2015|Red Lodge 2016

Old 01-04-2011, 10:10 PM   #20

Jack Adapter blow out

I say any of it doesn't matter when you don't have any to sell, as such In my case. Doesn't matter if you were $30 less, cause you don't have anymore to sell at this time.

As far as powder coating, the jack is painted, so whats the difference painted or power-coated? ( just asking )

As far as the construction of the kits, I build homes for living.( over a 1,000 homes built new construction ) That's my expertise, not making adapters for motorcycle jacks, only you, and the others that bought from you can contest to that. I'm not hear to argue the quality of your kits, nor his, I simply bought a kit from someone else cause you couldn't meet the supply demand at that point of time.

Manufacturing is all about supply/demand, and only yourself, the owner of these kits can make that decision based on the amount of sales you had, and the amount of production needed at that time to meet the demand.

As far as quality, he, the person I bought mine from, has 344+ feedback selling this kit, with 0 neg or neutral feedback, so 344 people liked what they received, as seen here: http://feedback.ebay.com/ebaymotors/...sspagename=VIP:feedback&ftab=FeedbackAsSeller

In your for sale section, your last post read " I will let you all know as soon as I can get these back into production. Thank you all for your support. "

I would recommend next time , not leaving everyone in the dark, and maybe give a quote such as, I ran out at this time, but have received a request for another 6 to be made, so please give me a week to make up some more "

Any kinda response to when the next pieces would be made, would help someone like myself so I could have waited a few more days, or a week, until the next production is made. But the last comment I took as, who knows when the next set of these will be made, days, weeks, months??

Either way, you asked for opinions, and I gave mine. And hopefully next time I'm in the market for something like these again, we can do business, good luck either way

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 01-04-2011, 11:04 PM   #21

Jack Adapter blow out

fltekdriver, we are good. I did not address my comments toward you and certainly don't begrudge you for buying the adapter. I understand the law of supply and demand. The reason why I have not made any concrete statements about timelines is becuase I'm still in the planning stage here and weighing my options. I really want to produce the best product at the best price so I'm doing my research. Until I'm done with that I can't yet commit to a delivery date. In the meantime I understand that I will lose sales.

The revelation of this copycat has rattled me but I'm coming to realize that my kits are better quality. Even if the other guy has 344 positive feedback responses. I'm still considering putting my adapters up on E-Bay as they are head to head with the copycat.

As to your question about powdercoating vs paint. The powdercoat is a lot more durable so it will last a lot longer and looks better.

I do appreciate your observations and comments. Thanks

VBA #110
VROC #24864
IBA #49753
2007 Nomad 86,000 miles
Bud Smalley
Pocatello, Idaho

Idaho Jack Adapter

Old 01-05-2011, 12:30 AM   #22

Jack Adapter blow out

I can't see the guy having sold 344 adapters already, his feedback must be from him selling other items as well.

2002 Nomad aka Bountyhunter
VBA #27
VROC #18951

Old 01-05-2011, 07:43 AM   #23

Jack Adapter blow out

I think you are right Ring.

Joe and I are talking.
VBA #110
VROC #24864
IBA #49753
2007 Nomad 86,000 miles
Bud Smalley
Pocatello, Idaho

Idaho Jack Adapter

Old 01-05-2011, 07:48 AM   #24

Jack Adapter blow out

No problem Bud, good luck with your business. I think Ebay, Craigslist ,or anything else that can market your product will be a good idea

I checked his 344+ feedback, all I can see back is the adapters its looks like, but who knows

I have 677+ feedback, and I'm not in any business, I just have allot of hobbies :)

Old 01-05-2011, 08:14 AM   #25

Jack Adapter blow out

Hey I wanted an adapter as well and wanted to buy local (here) so to speak but I also got the impression that it would or could be sometime down the road and may or never be made again and be available here so I also bought one of those knockoffs. Granted it might not be the quality of Idahos adapters but when we need something we need it. If Idaho had posted something about "yes I am making some say next month" or whenever I would have waited also but this is the season to be in the garage tinkering on the bike not when the weather is nice like come spring. Just my 2 cents but would have rather bought Idahos but didn't have the opportunity.

Old 01-05-2011, 10:29 AM   #26
Advanced Member

Jack Adapter blow out

fltekdiver, I also checked the 344+ feedback. Looks like only a handful concern the Nomad jack adapter. The rest look like they are for other makes (and other stuff). "LOOK ! YAMAHA ALL VENTURE/ROYALSTAR JACK/LIFT ADAPTER", "YAMAHA VENTURE / ROYAL STAR EXHAUST MUFFLER ADAPTER KIT ", "ALL MOTORCYCLE !! HONDA GOLDWING, HARLEY, HITCH C-ALL " Just looks like he recently expanded his business into the Nomad area.

Old 01-05-2011, 10:50 AM   #27

Jack Adapter blow out

Hey Bud, you should look into making the Yamaha lift adapters as well, and some other products that he sells. Tit for tat work for me.

2002 Nomad aka Bountyhunter
VBA #27
VROC #18951

Old 01-05-2011, 10:58 AM   #28
Mega-Contributor

Jack Adapter blow out

I find it odd that the questions about the other guy's product at the bottom of the page have disappeared from eBay.
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Old 01-05-2011, 12:31 PM   #29
Top Contributor

Jack Adapter blow out

Idaho.
I see nothing wrong with the plates welded to the side of the jack adapter frame where the chassis lugs attaches. You and I talked about this a while ago. The machining of that bracket is adding to your cost. If the chassis lugs are positioned directly above the tube of the jack adapter frame how can it slip sideways with plates welded there with a bolt through the chassis lug ? Make it so the chassis lugs are sitting directly on the frame when you insert the bolts. Just trying to get your costs down.

Old 01-05-2011, 12:55 PM   #30
Advanced Member

Jack Adapter blow out

Where can we see one of Bud's adapters? Just found it on Gadget's page.

Mike Bryant "CarolinaKid"

2007 Candy Red/Titanium Nomad
VBA # 1203
AMA # 1088875
VROC # 30589
Patriot Guard