Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 08-30-2007, 12:48 PM   #16

best pipes?

I just put on a set of Cobra true dual slash downs and the cobra fi2000r. The fit and finish on the pipes is spectacular. The sound is great, but just a tad loud. The fi2000r really does wake the bike up. I have been messing with the settings to see what runs the best. It came set at 3 5 0 and i think i am at 2.5 5 1. Has anyone else messed with the setting and had good results. I may take it down and have it put on the dyno

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 08-30-2007, 01:39 PM   #17
Top Contributor

best pipes?

I added V&H baggers and very happy with them and the sound. My dealer said stay away from the Cobra's not sure why. Will add an after market air cleaner and PClll one day. But for now I'm enjoying the RUMBLE!!!!!!!

Doc

Old 08-30-2007, 01:41 PM   #18

Send a message via MSN to scion0
best pipes?

[quote author=vulcancouple board=general thread=1188447599 post=1188486319]Trust us, if you add the pipes/PCIII/new BAK or similair you wont regret it. It really wakes that bike up. My nomad felt like a new bike after I did these mods.... Any help or if you need more info just ask

BAK? I'm gonna milk the newie status.... what is a BAK? ???

Mike
"Scion0"
VBA#: 0097
Former VBA North Central Asst Regional Leader
St Jude Rides Peoria to Memphis Rider
Retired MSgt, USAF (1979 -99)
"Don't sweat the small stuff, and it's all small stuff!"
Current ride: 2012 H-D Ultra FLHTCU (Black)
Past ride: 2007 Black Nomad

Old 08-30-2007, 04:37 PM   #19

best pipes?

Quote:
I just put on a set of Cobra true dual slash downs and the cobra fi2000r. The fit and finish on the pipes is spectacular. The sound is great, but just a tad loud. The fi2000r really does wake the bike up. I have been messing with the settings to see what runs the best. It came set at 3 5 0 and i think i am at 2.5 5 1. Has anyone else messed with the setting and had good results. I may take it down and have it put on the dyno
i have the billet tipped ones. iv'e played with the settings & it seems to run good at several settings but the higher the #'s the worst the gas milage. i think i'm at 3 3 0 .

Old 08-30-2007, 04:48 PM   #20
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to blowndodge
best pipes?

jeffm, how's the sound? I want to be able to cruise down the highway at 80 and not get burnt out on the drone!

There are two types of Harley riders. Those that trailer them and those that push them.

The most Interesting Man in the World
"Find the things in life you don't do well and don't do those things"

Member # 0005

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 08-30-2007, 10:40 PM   #21

Send a message via AIM to Idaho
best pipes?

BlownDodge and Todd both confirmed what I believed to be true. I learned a long time ago to get real cautious and skeptical when someone starts telling me that you have to do something that I know others claim to have done. Those guys are not going to touch my ride. I would order the parts and install them myself anyway. I got to listen to a set of Cobra's on a 1600 Nomad today. Nice but they did not move me to spend $500 to get them.

I really appreciate all of the responses to this question.

thank you all,
Idaho
VBA #110
VROC #24864
IBA #49753
2007 Nomad 86,000 miles
Bud Smalley
Pocatello, Idaho

Idaho Jack Adapter

Old 08-31-2007, 11:09 AM   #22

best pipes?

Quote:
jeffm, how's the sound? I want to be able to cruise down the highway at 80 and not get burnt out on the drone!
they are not that loud when cruising. they really open up when you get on it. my 99 had the older style cobra slash cuts . there is no comparison in the two . they where loud all the time. the new billet tipped ones are a lot deeper & not as tinny sounding. i have never heard the v&h so i can't compare which sounds better. i do like mine.

Old 08-31-2007, 11:18 AM   #23

best pipes?

"BAK? I'm gonna milk the newie status.... what is a BAK? "

A BAK stands for "Barons Air Kit" or like some like to call it big Air kit!

Old 08-31-2007, 11:20 AM   #24

best pipes?

Welcome nieghbor, what part of ID? :)

Quote:
BlownDodge and Todd both confirmed what I believed to be true. I learned a long time ago to get real cautious and skeptical when someone starts telling me that you have to do something that I know others claim to have done. Those guys are not going to touch my ride. I would order the parts and install them myself anyway. I got to listen to a set of Cobra's on a 1600 Nomad today. Nice but they did not move me to spend $500 to get them.

I really appreciate all of the responses to this question.

thank you all,
Idaho

Old 08-31-2007, 11:30 AM   #25

best pipes?

just ordered the bak and the pclll yesterday but would like to hear the dual baggers in person before i order them

Old 08-31-2007, 11:50 AM   #26

best pipes?

Quote:
just ordered the bak and the pclll yesterday but would like to hear the dual baggers in person before i order them
I have a video clip with sound of my V&H on?? If you want a link let me know.

Old 08-31-2007, 11:57 AM   #27

best pipes?

yes post a link. I heard some V&H baggers on a 1500 a while back. They sounded great - had a nice rumble but not too loud.

Old 08-31-2007, 01:22 PM   #28

best pipes?

thank you i listened to it a while back it is kind of hard to tell how loud they really are
thats why i want to hear them in person
i want a little more sound but don't want to wake people up for miles around

Old 08-31-2007, 04:55 PM   #29

best pipes?

I too changed out the stock pipes for the V/H's. The increase in power is probably in my head but the great sound sure isn't!

Old 08-31-2007, 11:57 PM   #30

Send a message via Yahoo to its4dale
best pipes?

I normally just lurk in the background and don't say anything but I do have something to add here. When I went in to order my V&H pipes the dealer told me he had a set of Cobras to fit in stock. I wanted the ability to remove the baffles, take off the mat material, then reinstall the baffles for a sound with some bark but not too loud. The dealer assured me the Cobras had removable baffles too. He had them put on but when I picked up my Noamd I realized the Cobras at that time did not have removable baffles. I had him take them off and put my stock pipes back on until my V&H arrived. I have no idea if Cobra has changed their Nomad pipes or not. If I can't change the characteristics of the pipe I don't want it.