Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Off-Topic

Old 04-03-2010, 07:53 AM   #16

Send a message via MSN to bokobob
Wondering What it Was

Thanks for additional insights..I found out "more" yesterday..I came up next to a similar sized older bike as the first mystery bike at a stop light and asked the cyclist what it was and he said a 85 or 86 Yamaha ???? (I think he may have said Maxim X)..anyway, I looked it up on the google and that is what it was...it is a four cyl bike and had the higher pitched engine sound I heard on the mystery bike from last week...it looked somewhat similar to the mystery bike but not nearly identical....for one thing yesterday's yama had upswept exhaust pipes, and the original mystery bike's duals went back straight and parallel to the ground and had fishtail tips on them...but the two bikes were about the same size overall..

So I am satisfied that it was probably one of the mid eighties cruiser-type cafe racers, and more than likely a four cyl, based on what I sawand heard yesterday, as well as that the first mystery bike I saw the other day had exhaust pipes on each side..

the original mystery bike had a somewhat wider tire though, although not extremely wide..just kinda fat...

I'll look up the chinese one mentioned in a recent reply too.

Maybe I'll still find it..

Login or Register to Remove Ads