Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 06-25-2009, 11:27 PM   #16

New Voyager

If money was no object I would probably go with the Gold Wing or Ultra but for the money you just can't the Nomad or Voyager for price and performance. Personally I like the look of both the new ones. Guess I am the minority for now but they will grow on you. My dealership has both on the floor.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 06-26-2009, 06:57 PM   #17
Advanced Member

Send a message via AIM to dhomoney Send a message via Yahoo to dhomoney
New Voyager

Dennis,

I like them as well. I actually love the fact they are belt driven, 6 speed, and have cruise. From what I am hearing though what I wouldn't like is the addition of platichrome. I love that our Nomads have lots of real chrome.

Old 06-27-2009, 08:00 PM   #18
Top Contributor

New Voyager

And the color choices are crappy.

Old 06-27-2009, 09:27 PM   #19

New Voyager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Bailey
If money was no object I would probably go with the Gold Wing or Ultra but for the money you just can't the Nomad or Voyager for price and performance. Personally I like the look of both the new ones. Guess I am the minority for now but they will grow on you. My dealership has both on the floor.
I like them also Dennis. Not enough color choices though. A pearl white voyager would look great IMO.

2016 Electra Glide Ultra Limited CVO
Palladium Silver / Phantom Blue
110 cu in SE

2012 Electra Glide Ultra Limited (Traded 6/22/16)
Tequila Sunrise / HD Orange
Vance & Hines true dual headers
Rinehart 4" slip ons
Screamin Eagle Super Tuner
Screamin Eagle Stage 1 intake
Dyno tuned
H.O.G.# 4514015

2007 Nomad 1600 (Traded 6/23/12)
VBA #482

Old 06-29-2009, 05:48 AM   #20

New Voyager

The dealer had a blue and black one and I got to look and sit on it. When I first saw it the bike looked awesome. When I sat on it the first thing I noticed was the seat was taller than my Nomad. The right transmission cover sticks out enough so that my inside leg is pressed against it when standing up. Wonder how hot that will get. I like having the gas cap on the right for easier filling. This one is in the middle of the tank. The trunk design looked great and thought how nice it would be to order one and match paint it to my Nomad. When looking it over good I was a bit turned off by the plastic that was chrome plated which looked like it held the trunk up. There was king of an ugly steel pipe structure under the plastic. The side bag design is a step back for me. I was impressed with the fairing and gages and the way the headlight and side lights were mounted. No weight on the handle bars because of the frame mount. I would definitely like my Nomad better than the Voyager if I had the Premeux fairing and trunk. Before I would spend 17 k I would probably spend the extra money and get the Harley Ultra Classic. But sticking with my Nomad is probably where I am going to stay.

Login or Register to Remove Ads