Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Regional Groups > Regional Groups > Canada West Group

Old 05-30-2010, 09:11 AM   #16

COM'ON already ! ! !

Quote:
Originally Posted by CycleCat
Never been over the Logan Pass? It's a fantastic ride, we ride the Pass as a day trip many times each summer and have been doing so for over 20 years.
Never... A friend told me about it (ex Harley rider) said it was a must do. I'm going with another fiend that is riding a vmax which means we will have to stop for gas every 120km. He's strapping on a 1 gallon jerry and bringing a rubber hose just in case he has to siphon from me

Wayne
2011 FLHTK

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 05-31-2010, 12:02 AM   #17
Top Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to rickyboy
COM'ON already ! ! !

Quote:
Originally Posted by voyager
Rick,

Weather in the Edmonton area isn't much better. Deb and I were booked on a bike run Saturday from Edmonton area up to Athabasca. The weather in the morning was bleak to say the least, 5C, overcast and threatening rain. Well, sixty or so bikes headed out but by the time we reached Athabasca (2.5hr run) we had lost a good third of the riders. Good thing Deb and I have heated clothing or the trip would have been miserable. Had a BBQ in Athabasca, gulped down some hot coffee, tanked up and headed back into Edmonton. Well the rain turned into sleet and we were both soaked and cold. Made her home okay but we both hopped in the shower to warm up ( that's another story on a different kind of forum ). By the time we emerged and sat down in front of the gas fireplace, the sleet had turned to snow ( gagggggggg ) I hate Edmonton.

Kevin
As you know Kevin, I have lived in your neighborhood of Stoney Plain, in the Duffield area,... and know all too well what the weather can be like. I share the same sentiments about northern Alta. {weather wise} as you. I had a lot of fun there, don't get me wrong, but man!! that weather sucked. I'm glad you and Deb made it home alright and I'm sure you can laugh about it now. ............btw. what was the name of that "other kind of web site" ??? ;)

Nomad'a What !
"rickyboy"

Richard Cole
Canada West Region
108 Mile Ranch, British Columbia
Canada
Vulcan Bagger Assoc. #00722
Black 2006 Nomad

https://cdn2.iconfinder.com/data/ico...Book_32x32.png

Old 05-31-2010, 10:40 PM   #18
Advanced Member

COM'ON already ! ! !

roox, you are in for a one-of-a-kind ride if you get to go over the Logan Pass. We have been on many of the 'great' motorcycle roads in the States and have yet to enjoy any as much as the
GTTS highway. Hope it's open in time for your trip.