Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Off-Topic

Old 06-17-2014, 03:44 PM   #16

mick56 ... I am hoping to build a finished product that weighs no more than my load of two-up and pack's... when loaded, and on the road..

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 06-17-2014, 05:06 PM   #17

Sam it is not a sensitivity to humorous remarks at all, humor is one of the things that make this forum a great place to be and I joke with the best of them, but calling francophones frogs is not humorous, it is racial slur. I will take your apology as much as it is even though it suggests that it is ok, cause it is common myth and I should take it as a joke when you publicly insult someone you never even met just to get a laugh.
Enough said, time to move on.

Norm Ward
2008 blue / silver nomad
kawanow / VBA #01136

Old 06-18-2014, 03:23 AM   #18

Excuse me for butting in ,over here we also call the French frogs,the Irish paddy, the Welsh taffy, the Scottish jocks , Australians , ozzies, the Germans, krauts, Newzealanders kiwis, the Dutch cloggies, and the Americans yanks, in return we are called pommies by the ozzies, le rosbif by the frogs, tommies by the krauts, brits by the paddies and limeys by the yanks, and many more i am sure, all of this is said, and for the most part taken in jest as tounge in cheek humour echoing our national pride ,with a gentle prod at the other bloke ,who we carry an affection for, earned by mutual respect in conflict or some other time of empathy. I reckon the vast majority of these peoples would jump to defend each other if they were in need, and a sense of humour,not always shared, and sometimes lacking alltogether in some people, alongside a little bit of friendly rivalry go,es a long way in keeping it so.

Last edited by mick56; 06-18-2014 at 03:25 AM.

Old 06-18-2014, 08:57 AM   #19

And a shot of Brandy to smooth things over

Old 06-18-2014, 09:28 AM   #20

I have a Harbor Freight ( http://harborfreight.com/ ) trailer with 3/8" plywood deck and a cartop carrier and cooler rack. Total weight 155#. It was their 4 x 8 trailer that I cut down to 36" wide. For a more information Google "Gadget's Page" and do a search for "trailer". Even if you don't want to build your own, the web site is well worth looking at.

By the way, my cost was; plywood - nothing, left over from another project, Cartop carrier - nothing, left in my garage by previous home owner, trailer - $179.00 delivered. Be sure to watch for a sale and search for coupons.

By the way, as I read through this thread it confirmed my reasons for not being on the forum very much, it gets off topic very quickly.

Good luck with your trailer and ride safe! (or safely if that stops some off-topic responses.)

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 06-18-2014, 11:50 AM   #21
Sr. Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger: Black Hills View Post
I have a Harbor Freight ( http://harborfreight.com/ ) trailer with 3/8" plywood deck and a cartop carrier and cooler rack. Total weight 155#. It was their 4 x 8 trailer that I cut down to 36" wide. For a more information Google "Gadget's Page" and do a search for "trailer". Even if you don't want to build your own, the web site is well worth looking at.

By the way, my cost was; plywood - nothing, left over from another project, Cartop carrier - nothing, left in my garage by previous home owner, trailer - $179.00 delivered. Be sure to watch for a sale and search for coupons.

By the way, as I read through this thread it confirmed my reasons for not being on the forum very much, it gets off topic very quickly.

Good luck with your trailer and ride safe! (or safely if that stops some off-topic responses.)
That is what I am running full width still, with a 18 cu ft Sears car topper. I would like to create a camper for 2 so that width will remain. I need cargo space for a few events this year so I am in the process of re-vamping the trailer my 01 pulled cross country in 05 into 06.

These days we have forgotten the racist BS until sometimes. I still miss the French and Indian War re-enactments in Qubec Wolfe and Montcalm. I always went as the French and a Scot militia or a native Indian. Poly tics killed that.

Poly tics is going to kill Ft Louisberg which is high maint for Canada to bear with out events to attract $$$ from around the world. The same goes now for Ft Carrion aka Ft Ticonderoga NY with it's new management making it just a nice place to picknic in about 18% gray days.

These stone forts require tons of $$$ to maintain. A few years ago Ft Ti had walls falling down. and they will be costly at tax payers burdens with out EVENTS that draw $$$ on a global basis.

These world current poly tics are all the same saying What difference does it make? We are becoming lost as a world population with no culture and no history. Oh well

06 1600 Nomad
Just call me Mac
molon labe come and get it

Old 06-18-2014, 12:17 PM   #22
Sr. Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick56 View Post
Hey sam, i just bought a used 4ft x 3ft x 18in deep lightweight galvanised trailer on ebay for £79 or $133, i am going to put a hinged lid on it with a rack on top so that when i flip it over to the left hand side it will fold down to form legs that gives me a table, another sheet of 4x3 attached to the underside of that will pull out to cover the the trailer, now i got a 6x4 platform with under storage, on each corner i am going to fix tubular receivers for flexible tent poles, i have a 6x4 tent which will slot right in, with the zipper opening at the back so i can get out for a piss in the night without having to get up of the ground, during the day i can slide the sheet that covers the trailer back onto the table area and i can sit on that with my feet in the trailer,on the opposite side i will have a fold down bench 3ft long x 18in deep, which i can use as a cooking/ food prep area,at the front next to the bench i am going to put a 3ft x1ft x18in cupboard for pots and pans ect, on the drawbar at the front i will have a 3ft x18in x18in box to carry my electric icebox, gas bottle and other odds and sods. One of the blokes on here gave me the idea for a towbar on my bike which i can make for about $35 + ball hitch $30, all up i reckon i can go camping for about $400 inc the price of the tent.
Like to see plans for that or photos of the finished things.

06 1600 Nomad
Just call me Mac
molon labe come and get it