Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Off-Topic

Old 05-30-2010, 04:02 PM   #16

Hog rider made me laugh today.

alot of hog riders make me laugh. i think it is the costume. why do folks that ride bikes want to look like bad asses? (not just harley riders), i did when i was young and stupid, but then i grew up. i don't dress like a bad ass when i drive my car, so why do it on a bike. it's refreshing to me to see alot of sport bike riders wearing nice protective gear and representing bikers as decent looking human beings. whats with the weekend warrior look. i have been riding for 45 years and i look like a normal person when i'm on my bike. i'm not trying to be something i ain't. i really don't care what cagers think of me on my bike, but i won't get on my bike looking like a bum. guess thats called personal pride. let the bashing begin . i can handle it. snarley bill

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 05-31-2010, 12:03 PM   #17

aint no way you can be mistaken for normal

Robert(skeeter)Dozier
07 Red&Titanium Nomad
81 Suzuki 850GL
KawaNow pre#

Old 06-02-2010, 10:26 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobhamlin
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonny
Maybe his Ol' Lady was wearing the pack and decided she had had all the possing she could stand.
Thanks for your time
Wouldn't that have been ironic if he had been wearing the "If you can read this, the b*tch fell off!" shirt.
Hahahahha. My thought exactly.

Old 06-02-2010, 03:07 PM   #19

I used to have a trunk on my Nomad. Key words "used to" since the quick release mechanisms failed in the passing lane @ 70 m.p.h. and it decided to eject itself off my bike. Since I had my digital camera in it, I decided to retrieve it at great peril and continue on my trip. 2 miles later it decided it just didn't want to be a part of my Nomad and ejected itself again. This time I was in the right lane looking for a safer spot to find out what was wrong with the locking mechanisms, so I watched it bounce into the gravel on the side of the road and since it was empty I left it there. So I can feel some empathy for the dude in your story, sooner or later stuff happens.

Old 06-02-2010, 10:26 PM   #20

Send a message via AIM to Idaho

Ha, stuff like this is just plain funny. The visual of a tough biker, roaring pipes, ape hangers with a flaw that he is not aware of is funny. Kind of lets us all know that none of us are perfect. At least as someone already noted, he was decent enough to nod. Many HD riders won't acknowledge a metric bike.
VBA #110
VROC #24864
IBA #49753
2007 Nomad 86,000 miles
Bud Smalley
Pocatello, Idaho

Idaho Jack Adapter

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 06-03-2010, 08:07 PM   #21

Wasn't riding a hog and not on a highway, but down a forest road on my KLR. It was a very nice day and just riding in 1st and 2nd gear so took off my full face helmet and secured it to my back deck. After awhile I stopped only to notice the helmet was not there. Spent a good part of that lovely day looking for a wayward boney bucket.

Sometimes you just don't notice what is going on behind you.

Found it in a ditch.

Old 06-21-2010, 09:17 AM   #22

Was going through the Duffy Lake road in B.C. and caught up to a Gold Wing towing a trailer and from the back the trailer looked low on the right side. When I started to get closer could hear a metal sound and notice that the right wheel had no rubber on it. Pulled up along side and brought their attention to the right wheel and they pointed out that they knew about it.

Pulled off the road for a rest and about 15 minutes later they went by, so I guess sometimes you do know what is going on behind you.

Pretty remote area so I guess they thought they would sacrifice the rim. Hope they made it OK.