Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Regional Groups > Regional Groups > NorthEast Group

Old 03-17-2010, 05:54 PM   #16

Activity Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by beezer

You better take it easy in the beginning Brett. I'm sure your coworkers will understand.
We work in 2 man crews. Gotta hold up my end of the equipment or we both suffer. I've seen some nasty injuries from one guy slacking.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 03-17-2010, 08:49 PM   #17

Activity Time

Thats a helluva way to have to start after being out for a few months. Seems as though everybody is so interested in the buck anymore they don't give a crap about the employee.
It has become produce or be replaced no excuse accepted. :(

The guy at the bottom has just become another tool!
SUCKS!

Old 03-18-2010, 05:33 AM   #18
Top Contributor

Activity Time

Then guy that runs the company is a tool too. If he doesn't make money then people won't have a company to work for.

Old 03-18-2010, 08:21 AM   #19

Activity Time

I'd really like to believe that everybody in a company is an important part of the success of the company. We all have our roles and I understand where I fit in to the food chain. That being said, I really have problems with decisions like not giving raises for 2 years but spending gobs of money on a GPS tracking system for 100 company vehicles. It can track speed, location, if seat belts are on, if the truck is running (like to keep warm in the winter). If it was a usable GPS for finding jobs I could have understood a little better, but not this nonsense. Just one of the few reasons I'm looking for a different career for my last 12 years of working.

Old 03-18-2010, 06:33 PM   #20
Top Contributor

Activity Time

I agree with you Brett. 2% raises and GPS tracking here as well. The tracking feels like a cop is following you all the time.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 03-18-2010, 06:49 PM   #21

Activity Time

I heard from a couple guys at work that 1 MPH over the limit will get you a call on the radio for a butt chewing. Good for morale? Don't think so.

Old 03-19-2010, 03:42 AM   #22
Top Contributor

Activity Time

Actually ours is set at 75MPH. It checks your speed every 90 seconds. If you're speeding it sends out an email to the bosses and then the phone call comes. But this isn't an intermittent speed like passing someone , rather it's a sustained speed.

Old 03-19-2010, 09:16 AM   #23

Activity Time

I like the sound of your system better. Our system has a constant monitor screen that can be accessed remotely from the web. The speed sensor sends an alarm for anything over 60 mph. I guess they forgot that some roads are 65 mph limit. Again, I'm just looking at the message it sends to the employees. No Christmas party, no raises, no bonuses but we can spend alot of loot on an electronic babysitter.

Old 03-19-2010, 04:49 PM   #24
Top Contributor

Activity Time

sux big time

Old 03-21-2010, 05:03 PM   #25

Activity Time

C'mon guys, help out a poor crippled up dude. Where's a ride report from Saturday? How was the show? More importantly, how was Grumpy's? Lloyd, Beez, Larry, throw me a biscuit here. Maybe it was so nice you're not home yet? So far I got to take the bike for inspection and a short cruise home.

Old 03-21-2010, 06:13 PM   #26
Top Contributor

Activity Time

The show was nice. We never made it to Grumpy's. We went to Mama Nina's in center city Bethlehem across from Cigars International instead. Larry had Fetuchini Alfredo. I had the Tour of Mama Nina's dinner which included sausage, meatball, eggplant rolatini, and chicken parmagiana over a bed of linguini. Lloyd and Gail shared the same platter as I ate. Bob Penn had mussles marinara. Tom had a pizza and Matt had a grilled chicken caesar salad. We ate outside on the sidewalk. It was delicious and the day was gorgeous. We really didn't ride much together but it was a great 1st day of spring. You were missed Brett.

Old 03-21-2010, 07:13 PM   #27
Top Contributor

Activity Time

we also had biscuits with garlic in olive oil, and the scenery was nice too ;)
Chips and I put on about 120 miles between Sat. and Sun. We even got a lot of work done in the bathroom. Very productive weekend
74,010miles
VBA #299
Her's 10 900LT 36,700

09 Bath NY.
10 Lake George NY.
11 National Maggie Valley NC.
12 Pa Wilds (Wellsboro) Pa.
14 Lincoln NH.
17 National Lake George NY.

Old 03-21-2010, 07:27 PM   #28

Activity Time

MMMMMM. Italian food. Now I'm really sorry I missed it. :)

Old 03-21-2010, 08:30 PM   #29

Activity Time

Sounds like you guys had a great dinner, I worked on the lawnmower and it was cold and damp here all weekend.
I hope you finished after dinner with a nice Rocky Patel Beez!

2002 Nomad aka Bountyhunter
VBA #27
VROC #18951

Old 03-22-2010, 09:44 AM   #30

Activity Time

Hey Brett!
We had a good time at the show on Sat. there was a vendor that had everything GARLIC that was really cool.
As the guy's said we split after lunch, Gail & I went for a ride over into Lancaster Co. the farmers were hard at it plowing the fields and the smells of Spring were in the air. Sunday we started out going down into Chester Co. then swung over into Lancaster Co. the Amish were everywhere as their wagons traveled the many country roads. As I guess you already know many of the roads over there are not marked and very few have rt. numbers to begin with so it makes for a real adventure to travel those unmarked back roads as you dodge horse droppings and carriages along the way. ::) But we did have a wonderful day and a beautiful ride through the Amish countryside topped off by a great dinner of grilled Trout & Homemade Apple Pie as only the Dutch can make it. ;) Oh and I forgot to mention the pie was smothered in Lancaster Co. vanilla ice cream. I think we put on about 175 country mi. yesterday and I rode about 700 mi. for the wk. Turned out to be a great nite Friday at Martins as well. They had all the new Triumphs on display including the new Thunderbird Touring model that had floorboards as well as windscreen & Bags. Plenty of vittles as usual at their events roast beef,baked ham,and loads of sweet things. We missed ya,and hope you get all healed up, and working steady so we can get the Posse back on the road.

What a Great week it was! ;) "SPRING HAS ARRIVED!" ;)