Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 04-15-2019, 07:16 AM   #16

This Version?? would read well on a Vaquero FB Page ?

A version for the educated Vaquero buyer. Thinking this would go well on a Vaquero dedicated ad location. One like our sister face book page VBA on FB or Custom Vaquero Nation, Ect. I could post it for you, since I think I remember you do not do FB ?

2012 Vulcan Vaquero Carbon Metallic Grey with black accent stripes.
$6500
41,600 trouble-free miles.
1 owner, full synthetic oil and filter changes every 5k miles. New plugs, air filter, fluids changed at scheduled maintenance miles.
Michelin Commander II tires front and back, very good tread remaining. Maintenance records available.
• Racin’ Ray’s throttle modification.
• Ivan’s Performance ECU tune, version III
• Cee Bailey Medium light smoke windshield
• Kuryakyn Transformer grips.
• Kuryakyn Longhorn dually highway pegs.
• ScootWerks Phat II Risers
• Chuckter’s Custom hitch.
• Luverne Lowering links (3/4” rear)
• Gel pad seat.
• Factory 12v power outlet.
• Debaffled stock exhaust

More pictures available upon request.
(no trades please, cash is king.)

2016 1700 Vaquero 10/4/2016
2007 1500 Classic W/ Reckless Fairing, 42,000 miles
2004 600 Honda Shadow 18,000 miles
1989 500 Honda CX Custom 55,000 miles
1973 400 Kawi Triple 5,000 miles

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-16-2019, 09:06 AM   #17

Greetings MBarr,

Thanks for the offer. I *may* take you up on that. Not yet though, please.

All, thanks for the comments and will adjust the ads when the 'renew' cycles come around.Yes, it may be a bit early in the season...
:)

Old 04-16-2019, 11:28 AM   #18

Ad looks fine though it could be laid out to give you price and mileage first and just read a little better and the price seems reasonable.

I’ve had my 2003 Suzuki Volusia up for sale since this time last year. It is posted in like 20 different sale groups on Facebook, Craigslist, Cycle Trader, I had it on EBay, local posters, 8 Suzuki Volusia forums, a local VFW motorcycle sale page, here in the classifieds, my front lawn, LetGo, and and a few other places.

Not a SINGLE bite. I have it listed for what others have actually sold for that have more mileage than mine and are bone stock. I even dropped the price. I’m not even getting those assholes that offer you 1/4 of the price. I don’t understand.

Last edited by BonVoyager; 04-16-2019 at 11:32 AM.

Old 04-16-2019, 11:37 PM   #19

I know I don't post a lot here, but I do read the articles all time and yours struck a chord with me. Here's my little story about trying to sell mine...

I went and looked at a 2014 Ultra Limited last summer, the dealership only offered me 5k for my 2014 Vaquero with only 9k miles on it. Of course they didn't tell me what my trade was worth until I was sitting in the finance guys office (they just kept saying we'll give you top dollar for your trade). Everything was approved all I had to do was sign and it was a done deal. I told him there's no way I'm taking only 5k for my bike and he said that the best he could do. I told him to shred the paperwork. The look on his face was priceless. I got up and walked out. He didn't even try and come talk to me again. The salesman did try and call me a week or so later and I told him that if you can't give me quite a bit more for my bike to not bother calling me again and he never called back.

What I'm trying to say is that I'm not 100% sure what these bikes are worth but it seems they don't hold their value the best. I just thought I would give you my experience in trying to trade in the bike. I know they were really low balling me at the HD dealership. I would hate to see what they would have said if I had 41k miles on it like your bike. I was hoping for between 7k and 7.5k and I would have pulled the trigger.

I love my Vaquero and plan on keeping it for quite a long time since I seem to be the only one who thinks the bike is worth anything. Good luck on trying to sell it! Let me know how you make out.

Old 04-19-2019, 04:55 PM   #20

Hey Smokier: Just my two cents but here goes. Had a 2013 Nomad before the Vaquero. Bought the Vaquero out of a Harley dealership as it was traded in on a roadglide. I bought it as it was priced right and they wanted it off their showroom floor. Now to sell the Nomad. Put it on Kijiji for 1 month and not a phone call or email. Went into my Kawasaki dealership which also sells Victory at that time and Indian and put it on consignment. It sold in 4 days as the number of people coming thru the dealership was incredible. Even after consignment fees they got more for it than I had it listed for privately so it was a win, win for me.It is getting exposure to the market. Don't know if you remember my posting on the Vaquero prior to me purchasing. I had mentioned at the time that having the stripe on half the fairing and only one saddlebag I thought it had been in an accident until the members on the forum told me that those were the colours for that year and they sent pics of their bikes to prove it. They never had this colour for 2012 so if people are doing their due diligence and realize this colour was not available for 2012 people are funny about what they think. Just saying. Good luck with your sale.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-20-2019, 07:07 AM   #21

Exclamation Mark Thank you

Greetings Guys,

I really appreciate the feedback and input. SD, agreed motorcycle resale values are not the best for Kaw's. HD/Indian/Victories seem to hold better. BB: Yes, I do remember your post on the black accent stripping. :)

I took the '12 to the dealership where it was purchased new in '14. They are good, honest guys. I have skied with the owner on more than one occasion.
They offered me $4500 and said the miles was the biggest dinger. They would put it on the floor for $6100 and expect to sell it for $5900. They said they like to make $1500 on used bikes. They give used bikes a once over and cleaning before putting them on the floor. I felt it was an honest discussion. Told them 'no thanks' of course.

To add insult to this injury, the right fork started leaking. I had washed the bike and had her sitting out front when I noticed a puddle under the right fork. Traced it up and yeap, blown seal. So had to drop $300 in seals, bushings etc. and had both forks rebuilt. I pulled the forks, they did the work. The good news is, do have a guy interested in her. Am not going to drop below the current $6500 with the fresh $300 maint bill. Feel that fixing her was the right thing to do, I would not sell her knowing she had a significant issue. So, not only is (was) she not worth what KBB/NADA suggested for AVG/LOW RETAIL, but had to put a little cash into her to get her there.

If the sale doesn't go through today, will repost it with the recommended changes. Thanks again everyone!

Ride safe,
Smokier

Last edited by smokier; 04-20-2019 at 07:12 AM.

Old 04-20-2019, 09:33 AM   #22

Quote:
I took the '12 to the dealership where it was purchased new in '14. They are good, honest guys. I have skied with the owner on more than one occasion.
They offered me $4500 and said the miles was the biggest dinger. They would put it on the floor for $6100 and expect to sell it for $5900. They said they like to make $1500 on used bikes. They give used bikes a once over and cleaning before putting them on the floor. I felt it was an honest discussion. Told them 'no thanks' of course.
I am talking up your bike here in Minneapolis. If I get a real serious person I will let you know, And you can contact them.

Old 04-21-2019, 06:55 AM   #23

She is SOLD - Problem solved.

Thanks MBarr, appreciate the assist.

The '12 found a new home yesterday. He seems real happy with her and got some good miles in, by the read of his texts. So word-smithing problem has been solved.

Thank you everyone for your insights and observations. They will be heeded when there is a next time.

Ride safe,
Smokier
2012 Victory Crossroads in Sunset Red "Ruby"

Previous Vulcans: '15 Vaquero, '12 Vaquero, '10 1700 Nomad, '04 1500 Classic, '01 1500 Classic, '88 Vulcan 750
VROC # 10967 | VBA # 3115

Old 04-21-2019, 10:13 AM   #24

Great news.
VBA #01084

"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.
"

Old 04-21-2019, 12:16 PM   #25

Quote:
she is sold - problem solved.
fantastic

Old 04-21-2019, 11:10 PM   #26

Super news Smokier. Load off the mind