Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1700 Nomad, Vaquero & Voyager

Old 03-23-2015, 12:35 PM   #16

If you have a passenger riding with you do the saddlebag chaps hit their legs or do you have to take them off?

2010 Nomad 1700
Metallic Diablo Black/Metallic Titanium

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 03-23-2015, 01:25 PM   #17

saddlebag chaps

The wife says her legs rest up against them and they don't bother her even with a water bottle in the left holder. The holder is big enough that a standard water bottle will slide in the holder to the outside of her leg. My passenger floorboards are back about 2" from the stock position. I had them moved back to help keep them from jamming into the back of my calf when I was starting up from a standstill. Especially on an upgrade. The chaps look like they are going to work out fine for me. The real test is when the weather warms up enough for the wife to ride.

"People ask us why we ride a motorcycle. For those who have experienced the joy, no explanation is necessary; for those who have not, no explanation is possible."

Tom Centofanti
Florence, NJ
VBA#3676

Old 03-23-2015, 02:44 PM   #18
Advanced Member

When I ride with my son, I have a water bottle in each saddlebag holder . . . He has only hit it once and he says they don't hit him . . . When he hit it he just had a lazy foot that went back too far - At 15, my son is about 5'11" and wears a size 13 . . .

Thunder Air Kit
Power Pro
Cobra Tri-Ovals
Wrapped Header Pipes
Heat Deflectors (from ebay)
CB/Rear Speakers
Avon grips with Throttle Magic by RACNRAY
Shiny Chrome stuff
Michelin Commander IIs
Kury T/S Mirrors
Sagebrush Design tank bib w/pouch
Russell Day Long Seat w/Backrest
Lots of Miles and Many More Smiles!

Blue Knights - Virginia II
Ride With Pride

Old 04-21-2015, 09:45 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad2010 View Post
I was finally able to get my bike out and put the saddlebag chaps on. Here are a few pics for those waiting to see photos. Thanks Jason. I'm looking forward to be able to used them.
Glad you like them and they fit well. Sorry for the late reply...we've been through everything imaginable in the last year, and I haven't been able to stay on the VB forum much. However, if i get a PM, my phone lets me know. If you need anything, send me a PM.

By the way, I can still make engine guard chaps, saddlebag chaps, pocket/flap and bottle holder, etc. if anyone is interested. i've been so busy I haven't advertised, but that hasn't stopped about a dozen VB members to contact me and buy accessories for their bikes already in 2015. If you want to order or ask a question, send me a PM.

VBA #02442
VROC Member
PGR (Patriot Guard Riders)
MMCI (Masonic Motorcycle Club International)

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" - Author Unknown

01 Kaw Nomad 1500 (Vintage Red)