Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 04-17-2010, 02:56 PM   #16

Reckless Fairing 6x9 Available NOW

I will be talking to Alex this week,, If he redoes the mounting brackets and puts vertical slots in them ,then you can adjust up and down like our shields now, and I think some horizontal slots will help as well.... The gap on mine is fine IMO. except for the right side,, Looks like I got a bum inner,probly from the glass curing,, Crap happens,, The Nomad is a New model so bugs will happen on anyones new model..... Alex seems like a STANDUP guy and will be fixing my issue this week,, I am going to fab a mock bracket for future models and show him what I come up with, Even I cannt go to paint this week as planned ,bike season is not really here any way :( snowed today :'( . BUT the Fairing LOOKs VERY well made,,, Jims (Oldbiker) fit perfect.... I will be mocking up my fairing on my buddies Raider,and if it works out my bud will buy one from Reckless,, And my buddy is a pain in the BUTT!! LOL he likes it and had no bad comments about it,,and he would say something

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-17-2010, 03:13 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnc
Radco, You mentioned talking about trunks with Alex. If he was interested in doing brand specific trunks, it seems to me one shaped to compliment the style of the Nomad bags would be popular.
SO true and yes he does the tour Pack, BUT is looking into different styles IE: the Voyager and Yamaha Royal Star.. Plus he may try to round the top a bit on the tour packs he carries,, so its not 100% HD looking.. He want to add a New look to his model lines,, He said you can get a Bat Wing anywhere,, he want to add something a bit different..... so he is looking to expand,, IMO his Customer service is GREAT... I will buy from him again...even with the minor issues with my headlight gap.ALex is OPEN for opinions as well!!
Rich

Old 04-19-2010, 09:22 AM   #18
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactusjack
I was waiting for the 2-speaker version, but frankly with the talk I've heard of the gap at the base of the windshield and the large gap around the headlight, I may go with another brand. Yes, I am very picky.
The windshield gap can be fixed with thinner weather seals the ones he used are quit thick and I think there is enough wiggly room in the mounts to fix the headlight gap too I'll follow-up when I get mine mounted
Mustang seat and fender bib
Avon Venom tires
2 right side Harley mufflers the quiet side.
TFI fuel control
Progressive 430 shocks 430-4213B (Best Mod to the bike I've made)
Progressive fork springs (See Above)
Kuryakyn grips
A touch of chrome farkles
Reckless fairing color match 2 tone paint.
Kenwood deck with Polk 5 1/4" speakers.

2007 GSX1250
Stock for now

Old 04-19-2010, 10:43 AM   #19

Im going to make a new mount for the fairing , send it to Alex , It will give you a slot so you can raise or lower the Fairing a bit.. A minor change in his bracket is all it will take...It will be similar to the windshield bracket.. I ended up with a bad inner fairing which threw my L/R angle off.. Alex will be sending me a New one, I sent him Pics at different angles. IMO: it is a new model for him and no Nomad to keep checking on fitment, so a few mistakes is not uncommon with a new model! Alex WANTs to address it and is standing behind his product so to ME that means alot.. PLUS the PRICE is RIGHT!! :)
Anyone else redo the brackets yet???

Old 04-19-2010, 03:58 PM   #20
Advanced Member

I looked at modifying the brackets to adjust for the headlight gap, but like you, found that my inner fairing was bad. At this point, I've sent the whole fairing back to Alex, so he can look at it. I hope he can figure out where the problem is and get it taken care of.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-19-2010, 05:04 PM   #21

Kevin Im sure he will.. seems like you and I got the bum ones :( Jims fit perfect.. Stuff happens,, I took alot of pics and e mailed them to Alex, so he has a Heads up..Him and I talked for awhile,, He sounds like a stand up guy........

Old 04-19-2010, 07:53 PM   #22
Advanced Member

Thanks Jim, I only spoke with him briefly last week, since I had to call while I was at work. I've e-mailed back and forth with him and sent him lots of pics, both of how the fairing looked on the bike, and measurements of the fairing both on the bike and off.

The fairing was delivered to him this morning, so I'll follow up with him tomorrow. I'll keep everyone updated with what happens.