Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1500 & 1600 Nomad

Old 01-18-2008, 05:48 PM   #16
Advanced Member

Send a message via MSN to donoller
battery brands?

i have tried battery plus and had bad luck with every one of them gone in 1 year

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 01-19-2008, 12:31 AM   #17

battery brands?

I still have the original battery in my 02, but when its time to replace I think I'll stick with the Yuasa.

2002 Nomad aka Bountyhunter
VBA #27
VROC #18951

Old 01-23-2008, 05:37 PM   #18

battery brands?

For anyone still interested in getting a new battery, here is a good price for the Yuasa YTX20CH-BS
$79.95 + free shipping.

http://www.tristatebattery.com/produ...roducts_id=849

Old 01-29-2008, 02:06 PM   #19

battery brands?

Quote:
chmorro, I just bought a batt. this year...and they take paypal

Manufacture : Yuasa maintenance-free batteries
Model : Yuasa high performance YTX20CH-BS battery

Only $92.75

On Sale! Reg. $98.75

Free Shipping included in price!

Brand new high powered Yuasa YTX20CH-BS maintenance-free battery is an upgrade for your stock YTX16-BS battery. More cranking amps then your stock YTX16-BS battery (270 vs. 230 ) and is a direct replacement for it. Top quality and made in America, Yuasa is the best built battery in the market right now. Don't settle for anthing less then the best. Yuasa..

Specifications

* Maintenance-free AGM battery
* 12 volt
* 18 amp hour
* 270 cold cranking amps
* Upgrade / Replaces YTX16-BS battery
* 6"L x 3 7/16"W x 6 3/8"H
* 12 month warranty
* Made in the U.S.A.
* Shipped w/seperate acid pack

Free ground shipping

web site

http://www.motorcyclebatteriesusa.co...sp?battery=944
:(" title="" border="0"/> I have been waiting to post about this until the story is over, but thought I would chime in here since this thread keeps popping to the top. I order a Yuasa replacement from Motorcycle Batteries USA on Dec 23rd, (See link above) and I am still waiting for it.

They said they were back ordered until the first week of January, then on the 11th when they finally got them in they promised to ship it out next day, on the 21st they apologized for the delay and said they would ship another one out in 24 hours. Today is the 29th and I am still waiting.

They are the most unresponsive company I have ever had to deal with. They rarely return emails, will not provide a phone number and will not even give me a tracking number. Not that they told me they wouldn't give me a tracking number, they just don't respond when I send emails asking for one. I have given them my phone number and asked them to call me, but the will not, I even verified that my address on the order is correct.

I would go elsewhere, but $92 was way cheaper than what the dealer wanted, and they already billed my credit card. I know others have had good dealings with them, but I would not recommend them and will never do business with them again.

My 2 cents...

Okay, I feel better now.

Michael

Old 01-29-2008, 04:50 PM   #20
Advanced Member

battery brands?

Quote:
[quote:el0ogor9]chmorro, I just bought a batt. this year...and they take paypal

Manufacture : Yuasa maintenance-free batteries
Model : Yuasa high performance YTX20CH-BS battery

Only $92.75

On Sale! Reg. $98.75

Free Shipping included in price!

Brand new high powered Yuasa YTX20CH-BS maintenance-free battery is an upgrade for your stock YTX16-BS battery. More cranking amps then your stock YTX16-BS battery (270 vs. 230 ) and is a direct replacement for it. Top quality and made in America, Yuasa is the best built battery in the market right now. Don't settle for anthing less then the best. Yuasa..

Specifications

* Maintenance-free AGM battery
* 12 volt
* 18 amp hour
* 270 cold cranking amps
* Upgrade / Replaces YTX16-BS battery
* 6"L x 3 7/16"W x 6 3/8"H
* 12 month warranty
* Made in the U.S.A.
* Shipped w/seperate acid pack

Free ground shipping

web site

:(" title="" border="0"/> I have been waiting to post about this until the story is over, but thought I would chime in here since this thread keeps popping to the top. I order a Yuasa replacement from Motorcycle Batteries USA on Dec 23rd, (See link above) and I am still waiting for it.

They said they were back ordered until the first week of January, then on the 11th when they finally got them in they promised to ship it out next day, on the 21st they apologized for the delay and said they would ship another one out in 24 hours. Today is the 29th and I am still waiting.

They are the most unresponsive company I have ever had to deal with. They rarely return emails, will not provide a phone number and will not even give me a tracking number. Not that they told me they wouldn't give me a tracking number, they just don't respond when I send emails asking for one. I have given them my phone number and asked them to call me, but the will not, I even verified that my address on the order is correct.

I would go elsewhere, but $92 was way cheaper than what the dealer wanted, and they already billed my credit card. I know others have had good dealings with them, but I would not recommend them and will never do business with them again.

My 2 cents...

Okay, I feel better now.

Michael[/quote:el0ogor9]

I'm sorry bro, I had no trouble when I ordered from them
VBA #00077

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 01-29-2008, 06:02 PM   #21

battery brands?

Scott, and everyone else.

Just to make sure... I was not blaming anyone for suggesting them, I just wanted to relate my experience.

Michael

Old 01-30-2008, 10:09 PM   #22

battery brands?

Well, my saga with MBUSA has come to an end. Here is the latest from them.

<blockquote>Mr. Vacca, we apologize for the delay and the inconvenience. We are attempting to locate this item with our supplier. If we need to reship the item, then the shipping time would be another 5-6 days, and you obviously need the battery. Due to the additional shipping time, we have issued you a refund, so hopefully you can procure another battery locally much sooner
Thank you,
MBUSA
</blockquote>

I guess I can start looking for a battery again. :'(

Michael

Old 01-31-2008, 10:38 AM   #23

battery brands?

Finally!

I found a battery from another local dealer for $120 + tax, filled and charged. This is the same Yuasa high performance YTX20CH-BS battery. Picking it up during my lunch time.

Yeah, I will finally get to ride my Nomad whenever I want!!!

Michael

Old 01-31-2008, 02:50 PM   #24

battery brands?

Sometimes the simple things get all #%*+^% up.

Old 02-07-2008, 06:51 AM   #25
Advanced Member

battery brands?

vaccam, I see what you mean, I went out Monday to go for a ride and Dead battery. I rode 3 days before no problem. I'm thinkin bad connection, nope that's not it. Hook battery charger to it and it says battery charging then it charges a few mins then says 100% charged. I get volt meter and check and it's showing 18 volts but as I turn switch on it drops to 2.2 volts. I can get it to take a charge. A buddy happens to drop by and I try to jump my bike off, it cranks OK but as soon as I take cable off either post bike dies, I even did it with bike revved up.

So I know it's about 6 months old and I send Motorcycle Batteries USA a e-mail about warranty and all I get back is OUT OF STOCK I had even asked for a phone number where I could call. So I have joined you DON'T BUY FOR THEM
VBA #00077

Old 02-07-2008, 08:57 AM   #26

battery brands?

Scott, very sorry about this issue for you. I hope they will resolve it soon. I am very surprised that it would only last 6 months. Good news for me is that they did refund my money. Maybe you could tell them you want a refund since they cannot provide a battery for you and you have a warranty. If you send the battery back to them, they should be able to get it replaced from their supplier. Lousy way to do business.

Let us know how it goes for you.