Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Regional Groups > Regional Groups > SouthEast Group

Old 07-30-2009, 12:32 AM   #16

Location: 6th Floor up at the The Nervous Hospital up in East Central State, NC
Getting back in the saddle again!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe (mrfuni) #250
"I'll think of something to do for him"

Bottle of Red always works to say thank you ;)
What a lovely idea Joe! Red's packed with all them antioxidants. Thats what I'm gonna do Joe. I'll get a bottle of Red and a Desert wine from a local winery. That corked stuff will be safe 'round me as long as I am well stocked with the good ol' boxed stuff.

??-Mar.2,2012 "Rocky" My Beloved Dog RIP

Mike Tripp
VBA#767
'96 800 Vulcan Classic
06 1600 Nomad
07 1600 Nomad

"The shoes you buy at the Salvation Army is already been broke in"- Aunt Kawhead

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 07-30-2009, 01:34 PM   #17
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachA
Aaron, I am just trying to keep this thing going while you are laid up. You can run with it when you are ready. I ain't trying to do no coup.
CoachA you have done an excellent job. Never thought for a minute about a coup. If you would like to take the position of Region Leader I have no problem with that what so ever. If not then we will both work together to keep things running and looking forward to some rides and meetings in the future. Just let me know if you would like to take the lead. I'm fine with what ever you would like to do.

Old 07-30-2009, 02:15 PM   #18
Advanced Member

Hello again.
Thanks for all the well wishes and I hope we can all get together for a ride soon.

Goose we have never met, but I thank you for your kind thoughts and hopefully we can get together sometime and meet up.

Todd glad you have my number give me a shout and lets ride some. Ya know Goober's still has that Po'Boy sandwich that ya like. Give me a shout and lets ride one day soon.

BigDave good to hear from you yes a meal at the smokehouse would be good. I went up to the Veterans Cemetery where we rode to that time to visit my Dads grave and we went over to the BBQ PIG PICKINS place there and ate dinner where we ate and I thought about our ride that day. We should do it again or get everybody together and go to Blowing Rock to that Smokehouse. I think Todd liked that place too.

Well Kaw-Head you have no excuse now not to call me for a ride. We can cut lose in a heart beat. Deb and I rode up on the Parkway on Sunday and came back down Orchard Gap road it has turns like a big black snake a couple of times I thought I was following another Nomad till I realized it was my back end. It does have some curves. You would like that. Everything went just fine I had no problem handling the bike at all and we both felt real comfortable on the ride. It is good to be back in the saddle again. Glad you found your bike but I can't believe you got a black one, you do still remember that the red ones are faster right?

Classic1, Deb and I were just talking about you guys the other night about our trip up to Bedford VA to the WWII Memorial that was a great day, thanks for the memories and we both look forward to getting together with you guys again sometime for a ride.

CoachA, I heard that everyone had a great time on the Spring trip to Helena Ga. thanks for taking the reins and getting things done. You are more than welcome to continue if you would like to be the Regional Leader. You have done an outstanding job.

Well again, thanks everyone for your thoughts and lets see if we can get some rides together here soon.

Old 07-31-2009, 12:31 AM   #19

Believe me I'm gittin' it as fast as I can!! At this writing, it'll be another eight hours 'till I plant my backside on it!! I may have to work this weekend. :-/ But I need to pay for the extra stuff I hadda have for it! I godda go to sleep.............

Mike Tripp
VBA#767
'96 800 Vulcan Classic
06 1600 Nomad
07 1600 Nomad

"The shoes you buy at the Salvation Army is already been broke in"- Aunt Kawhead

Old 07-31-2009, 08:55 AM   #20
Top Contributor

Mike, you know I gotta figure someway to see that bike in the next day or two!!!

Goobers huh.......they still got that "Sweet Tea" you like too Aaron!!!

Todd Frazier
VBA #0003
VBA National Leader-USA Operations/Garage Moderator - RETIRED
2006 Black Nomad since she was born
Greensboro, NC

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 07-31-2009, 01:15 PM   #21

Nomad in hand!!!!!!!! LIFE IS GOOD AND WORTH LIVING AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!! Todd name the place and time. I had to get another ebony, Aaron, to keep my crotchety, aggravating daddy at bay and none the wiser 'bout the incident.

I'll post another signature pic after while. It so good to ride again. It wasn't even spooky. Just felt like the Universe was back in balance again.

Mike Tripp
VBA#767
'96 800 Vulcan Classic
06 1600 Nomad
07 1600 Nomad

Old 07-31-2009, 01:23 PM   #22
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by todd (Nomadis Custodis)
Mike, you know I gotta figure someway to see that bike in the next day or two!!!

Goobers huh.......they still got that "Sweet Tea" you like too Aaron!!!
Yea Boy and its as good as every. Goobers is gittin busy now they have expanded their hours some and have built a stage and eating area in the back on the place. They are getting ready for the big Harley HOG state rally in August. I will probably go down and ride thru just to show them what a real bike should look like. LOL

Give me a shout anytime.
Ride Safe!!!!!
Aaron

Hey Kaw Head give me a call when you get a chance!!!!!!!!

Old 07-31-2009, 01:27 PM   #23
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawhead
Nomad in hand!!!!!!!! LIFE IS GOOD AND WORTH LIVING AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!! Todd name the place and time. I had to get another ebony, Aaron, to keep my crotchety, aggravating daddy at bay and none the wiser 'bout the incident.

I'll post another signature pic after while. It so good to ride again. It wasn't even spooky. Just felt like the Universe was back in balance again.
Yes life is good in more ways than one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike give me a call and lets see if we can get something going soon. That goes for you to Todd. :)

Ride safe!!!!!!!

Old 07-31-2009, 06:21 PM   #24

So glad for you Mike, can't imagine you not on a Nomad. Now just stay away from the deer. Down here we don't have much of a deer problem, it is more opposum and armidillo's. And they don't really leap in front of us. Oh well, I digress. Enjoy!!!!

Old 07-31-2009, 11:41 PM   #25
Advanced Member

Looks very good. And you kept the best color also.

Old 08-01-2009, 05:13 AM   #26

Nice to hear you got the Bike, Mike...Glad it worked out..Until we met again..Be Safe.. Joe

Old 08-01-2009, 12:13 PM   #27

A lot of you out there helped me shop for for a Nomad and I sincerely appreciate you help and efforts for the cause. :) I have to mention I believe Joe worked Day and Night for me!

What I ended up with was more than I expected and I spent a little more than I wanted to spend initially. Now that, that part is over I'm very happy with what I have and the seller thought he got a god deal to.

Well, it's like Christmas morning here in August for me and I need to take my new bike out and ply with it. I,m gonna check out the wired accessories and adjust the mechanical accessories to make sure they're up to my standards. Then I'm going to wash it and SeaFoam it. It makes you feel more like the Nomad belongs to you.

Mike Tripp
VBA#767
'96 800 Vulcan Classic
06 1600 Nomad
07 1600 Nomad

Old 08-01-2009, 01:31 PM   #28

Have fun with the set up Mike, I know you will.

Successful surgery on Firday to remove the screws from my thumb. The pain I was having is gone, now the healing process again. Based on how I feel, I don't think it'll be long before I'm in the saddle myself again... Joe

Old 08-01-2009, 02:22 PM   #29

Yeah Joe, we miss riding with you. I was going to give you the same warning as Mike but you don't really have trouble with deer, you probably have even less deer than we do, so just look out for the opposum and armidillos! Give coach a holler when you are ready to ride, we will meet you at least half way if not more.

Old 08-01-2009, 07:02 PM   #30
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Taminator
Yeah Joe, we miss riding with you. I was going to give you the same warning as Mike but you don't really have trouble with deer, you probably have even less deer than we do, so just look out for the opposum and armidillos! Give coach a holler when you are ready to ride, we will meet you at least half way if not more.
Count us in on that one.
KawaNOW #00454
IBA# 42214

2007 Nomad
2008 Concours