Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Off-Topic

Old 03-05-2008, 05:47 PM   #136

In the hospital-not bike related!

Quote:
Hey guys, I couldn't get in here since yesterday morning. I told how it got fixed in the avatar thread.

I sucked being banned. I couldn't get onto most sites, it was a boring day.

I'm back and the word today was that they'd like me to stay till friday.
Alright Dan you have been in there long enough!!!! I'm gonna come over there and break you out!!!!!!

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 03-05-2008, 07:33 PM   #137

Quote:
[quote:nvs6i51f]Hey guys, I couldn't get in here since yesterday morning. I told how it got fixed in the avatar thread.

I sucked being banned. I couldn't get onto most sites, it was a boring day.

I'm back and the word today was that they'd like me to stay till friday.
Alright Dan you have been in there long enough!!!! I'm gonna come over there and break you out!!!!!! [/quote:nvs6i51f]

Sounds like a plan.

Old 03-06-2008, 10:07 AM   #138

Mornin Dan, hope your night went well. It must seem like you've been in there a month by now. Still loookin at going home Friday ??

Old 03-06-2008, 11:54 AM   #139

Quote:
Mornin Dan, hope your night went well. It must seem like you've been in there a month by now. Still loookin at going home Friday ??
Yup, tomorrow afternoon.

I bought a new car before I got here, and only drove it twice. I'll get the excitement of driving a new car all over again.

Old 03-06-2008, 12:14 PM   #140
Mega-Contributor

Quote:
[quote:vyy31rtn] Mornin Dan, hope your night went well. It must seem like you've been in there a month by now. Still loookin at going home Friday ??
Yup, tomorrow afternoon.

I bought a new car before I got here, and only drove it twice. I'll get the excitement of driving a new car all over again. [/quote:vyy31rtn]

I told you, you should have spent 2 weeks in Vegas instead. The food would be better.
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 03-06-2008, 12:33 PM   #141

Dan,

What kind of car?

Old 03-06-2008, 01:10 PM   #142

Quote:
Dan,

What kind of car?
A used Lexus SC400, I can't get onto photobucket, or I'd put up a picture.

Old 03-06-2008, 02:55 PM   #143

Dang, nice ride.

Old 03-06-2008, 07:39 PM   #144
Top Contributor

I'm glad to hear you're finally getting out Dan.

Old 03-06-2008, 08:20 PM   #145
Top Contributor

How far can you jump that SC400.......I know you've thought about it.

Todd Frazier
VBA #0003
VBA National Leader-USA Operations/Garage Moderator - RETIRED
2006 Black Nomad since she was born
Greensboro, NC

Old 03-06-2008, 11:32 PM   #146

Quote:
Not jumping, but it'll go 157mph. I've certainly been thinking of a good desolate place to try for 157 when it has a set of good tires on it.

The fastest that I've been in a car is 145mph. It takes a good long way to get up to speed and back down at that kind of speed. A surprisingly long way.

Wooo Whooo! I get to take these 26 electrodes off in the morning, and go home in the afternoon

Old 03-06-2008, 11:39 PM   #147

Quote:
You did bring up a good memory though Todd.

In high school there was a road that went along level, then dropped steeply down into a ravine. You could jump down it, or up out of it in a car.

I used to steal cars and go jump them (Dukes of Hazzard was a big influence at that time) ;)

I remember passing an oncoming car in the air once and how weird it looked to be looking down on its roof looking out the window.

I don't know that I'm all that much more smart now, but I haven't stolen a car since then :) And I always returned them.

Thanks for the memories, I hadn't been back there in my mind forever.

Old 03-07-2008, 12:12 AM   #148
Mega-Contributor

Good night Dan, hopefully this will be your last night in the "big house".

Goodnight ma, goodnight pa. Goodnight John-Boy.
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Old 03-07-2008, 08:38 AM   #149
Top Contributor

I can relate Dan. Some of the things I did in cars when I was in my teens was SO STUPID (see definition of teenager). I guess that's why I am always telling mine how important it is to be careful in a car. Frankly, I just got lucky several times.

Part of my job as many of you know, is handling the disposition of totaled cars. I have taken both my kids on several occassions to look at some of these. They used to say something like "WOW they must have been flying"...then I tell them it was about a 30mph impact and the car is ripped to shreads....opens their eyes.....those cages are not as safe as we like to think...most impacts truely are not at that high of a rate of speed.

Anyway, glad you too seem to have gotten lucky....bet several others on here fit that category!

Todd Frazier
VBA #0003
VBA National Leader-USA Operations/Garage Moderator - RETIRED
2006 Black Nomad since she was born
Greensboro, NC

Old 03-07-2008, 09:07 AM   #150

Quote:
I can relate Dan. Some of the things I did in cars when I was in my teens was SO STUPID (see definition of teenager). I guess that's why I am always telling mine how important it is to be careful in a car. Frankly, I just got lucky several times.

Part of my job as many of you know, is handling the disposition of totaled cars. I have taken both my kids on several occassions to look at some of these. They used to say something like "WOW they must have been flying"...then I tell them it was about a 30mph impact and the car is ripped to shreads....opens their eyes.....those cages are not as safe as we like to think...most impacts truely are not at that high of a rate of speed.

Anyway, glad you too seem to have gotten lucky....bet several others on here fit that category!
Yes, I'm one of many that are lucky to have survived my teen years, and lucky to not have been caught doing things like borrowing cars that didn't belong to me.

That was smart to show your kids the effect of car accidents. One thing that I did that I wish I hadn't with my kids was drive aggressively with them. They were way into cars by virtue of the type of cars I owned when they were young.

They loved going fast and would say "faster". In my 5.0 Mustang there was a certain S curve that they loved to have me go real fast through, and having kids that liked what I liked was fun.

By the time they were nearing teens, I got wise and wondered what effect I was having on them and the way they would drive. I dialed way back, and hoped the damage wasn't already done :(

My kids are still way into cars, they are 19 and 26, and are still alive. No thanks to my poor example.