Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Off-Topic

Old 09-24-2014, 01:53 PM   #136

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponch View Post
I think Kalifornia has similar laws, so not all guns are allowed. Even mine wouldn't be certifiable. To hell with that.
The Utopian State of California and some others doesn't allow more than 10 round mags and, in some cases rifle magazines can't be detachable without using a tool. Some manufacturers are building two versions of their guns; 10 round pistols for them and more than ten for all the others. They're getting around the non-detachable reg by building what's called a button release mag. You have to press in on an inset button with a bullet head to remove the magazine. That makes the bullet a tool and the rifle legal.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'05 1600CL. Originator 18" Harley wheel mod, Dobeck TFI, True Duals, Mutazu hardbags, Flanders handlebars n' a bunch more.
Sometimes I miss the good ol' days but most times I'm just glad I survived them

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 09-24-2014, 02:11 PM   #137
Sr. Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulcan Bill View Post
The Utopian State of California and some others doesn't allow more than 10 round mags and, in some cases rifle magazines can't be detachable without using a tool. Some manufacturers are building two versions of their guns; 10 round pistols for them and more than ten for all the others. They're getting around the non-detachable reg by building what's called a button release mag. You have to press in on an inset button with a bullet head to remove the magazine. That makes the bullet a tool and the rifle legal.
http://certguns.doj.ca.gov/
BMWMOA 162849
BMWRA 41335

BMW: When you care enough to ride the very best.

My Motorrad Blog
My Motorrad YouTube

2009 BMW R1200RT

Previous bikes:2007 Nomad | 2001 Vulcan 800 Classic | 1984 GPz750 | 1978 KZ1000A2

Rallies: Custer '09|Prairie Du Chien '10|Crescent City '11

Old 09-24-2014, 08:21 PM   #138

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
Slow and painful death
Broadheads are very sharp, I have shot many deer with them and they pass through the deer like he was made of butter. They jump then walk or run a few yards and within 60 seconds they bleedout and keel over.
One well placed arrow would kill a bear but if your on the ground he could still kill you or do serious damage to you in the 60 seconds or so before he died.
You sound like the animal activists we have here who have no idea what they are talking about but don't let facts get in the way of their agenda
Absolutely right. You have to place the shot no matter what you hunt with, and in many cases, especially through tough muscle the massive hemorrhage caused by a broadhead will put an animal down quicker than a bullet, and I think without the shock. A bowhunter has likely put himself in very close range as well to place that shot, more than I can say for some of the long range lead sprayers out in the hills.
VBA #02217
06 Nomad
Buy the ticket, Take the ride.

Old 09-24-2014, 08:39 PM   #139

Quote:
What your take on Danielle Smith? Any good?
Smith is honest, down to earth and believes the people are the decision makers. That's good in my books.
On another note I sure do like that Springfield but the barrels too short according to our draconian standards up here. My wife would take a broom to me if I bought another toy but I have had one of these in my sights anyway. On sale too!

http://www.wolverinesupplies.com/det...rel-Black.aspx
VBA #02217
06 Nomad
Buy the ticket, Take the ride.

Old 09-24-2014, 09:06 PM   #140
Mega-Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle Eye View Post
Smith is honest, down to earth and believes the people are the decision makers. That's good in my books.
On another note I sure do like that Springfield but the barrels too short according to our draconian standards up here. My wife would take a broom to me if I bought another toy but I have had one of these in my sights anyway. On sale too!

That's a nice toy!
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 09-24-2014, 09:16 PM   #141

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick56 View Post
Hunting bear's with a bow and arrow ! can someone enlighten me please,how many arrow's would it take to stop a bear, and how far up a tree would you have to be while you wait for it to die,or are there bear's wandering around with arrow's hanging out of them that are just going to cause a slow and painfull death.
We can hunt, bears, moose, deer, elk, caribou, bighorn sheep, etc all with a bow & arrow.
They are every bit as deadly as a rifle. Rarely is more than one arrow required and the animal usually doesn't get 100 yards before it drops. Most times they drop within about 20-30 yards, and the arrow passes right clean through. In the twenty five years Ive been bowhunting Ive never required more the one arrow to do the job.

2002 Nomad aka Bountyhunter
VBA #27
VROC #18951

Old 09-24-2014, 09:22 PM   #142

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle Eye View Post

Check out Al Flaherty's sporting goods in Toronto, they do a lot of online sales and there prices are very good most times on pistols and rifles.
I usually get my 22 and shotgun ammo there as well.

http://www.alflahertys.com/

2002 Nomad aka Bountyhunter
VBA #27
VROC #18951

Old 09-24-2014, 10:13 PM   #143

...My nephew Bow Hunts quite a bit...was looking for deer one time.."had a feeling" turned around and looked back there was a MT Lion, stalking him !..only about 100 ft back !
He yelled and jumped at it..and it ran off, but he told me he was really un-nerved by it !

Old 09-24-2014, 10:45 PM   #144

Quote:
Hunting bear's with a bow and arrow ! can someone enlighten me please,how many arrow's would it take to stop a bear, and how far up a tree would you have to be while you wait for it to die,or are there bear's wandering around with arrow's hanging out of them that are just going to cause a slow and painfull death.
or are there bear's wandering around with arrow's hanging out of them that are just going to cause a slow and painfull death does not sound to me like someone who wants to be enlightened. It sounds like someone who has a problem with archery hunting.

Quote:
And you sound just like a typical jackass who jump's to conclusion's. I have no agenda, and no idea, which is why if you had read my post without leaping up & down, you would see that i asked to be enlightened, not insulted, twat !
I was sitting in a chair so I could not leap up and down.
You and I have gone around before on here so lets just agree I am as you called me , a twat and you are a complete asshole.

Quote:
Yeah, I thought it was a little off too.
You thought my answer was a little off?
VBA #9

2011 Victory Kingpin mine
2013 Victory Boardwalk -hers

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000]
[SIZE=4]

Last edited by Top Cat; 09-24-2014 at 11:33 PM.

Old 09-25-2014, 12:10 AM   #145
Mega-Contributor

Quote:
That would be a sweet pistol. I have an XD 40 and it is my favorite shootin' iron. Springfield makes a fine weapon.
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Old 09-25-2014, 12:29 AM   #146
Sr. Contributor

Quote:
or are there bear's wandering around with arrow's hanging out of them that are just going to cause a slow and painfull death does not sound to me like someone who wants to be enlightened. It sounds like someone who has a problem with archery hunting.

You and I have gone around before on here so lets just agree I am as you called me , a twat and you are a complete asshole.

May be presumptuous. I mean the guy loves the movie Harry Brown. What more is there to say?

BMWMOA 162849
BMWRA 41335

My Motorrad Blog
My Motorrad YouTube

2009 BMW R1200RT

Previous bikes:2007 Nomad | 2001 Vulcan 800 Classic | 1984 GPz750 | 1978 KZ1000A2

Old 09-25-2014, 12:32 AM   #147
Sr. Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactusjack View Post
That would be a sweet pistol. I have an XD 40 and it is my favorite shootin' iron. Springfield makes a fine weapon.
Small, light, concealable and has punch. I love the 1911, but it's a brick. This is more practical.
BMWMOA 162849
BMWRA 41335

My Motorrad Blog
My Motorrad YouTube

2009 BMW R1200RT

Old 09-25-2014, 03:37 AM   #148

Quote:

I dont have a problem with archery hunting at all, i asked a question hoping to be enlightened, which i was by ringadingh, you're reply was a typical knee jerk reaction of an uneducated person who feel's his opinion's are allway's right, and should never be challenged,and apparently i am not alone in thinking that.The leaping up and down that you refer to is a metaphor ( you might want to look that up), and yes we have been round and round before, and it would appear that you have'nt learned too much since then,as for me being a complete asshole, your opinion means so little to me, that i think i can live with that

Last edited by mick56; 09-25-2014 at 03:40 AM.

Old 09-25-2014, 08:53 AM   #149

Quote:
I dont have a problem with archery hunting at all, i asked a question hoping to be enlightened, which i was by ringadingh, you're reply was a typical knee jerk reaction of an uneducated person who feel's his opinion's are allway's right, and should never be challenged,and apparently i am not alone in thinking that.The leaping up and down that you refer to is a metaphor ( you might want to look that up), and yes we have been round and round before, and it would appear that you have'nt learned too much since then,as for me being a complete asshole, your opinion means so little to me, that i think i can live with that
You crack me up Mick, you should change your screen name to something like "crude englishman or something like that.
As for uneducated, yes I am. I had to quit school in the 4th grade to help Ma and Pa around the farm. back at ya
VBA #9

2011 Victory Kingpin mine
2013 Victory Boardwalk -hers

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000]
[SIZE=4]

Old 09-25-2014, 09:42 AM   #150

Quote:
You crack me up Mick, you should change your screen name to something like "crude englishman or something like that.
As for uneducated, yes I am. I had to quit school in the 4th grade to help Ma and Pa around the farm. back at ya
Here we go again, another scintillating exchange with the Top Cat.A lack of an education dont make a bloke stupid normally,( although there are exception's) it just mean's that he has.nt had the opportunity to read as many book's as some, but those that he has read he has understood, and has the brain capacity to remember the lesson's that it should have taught him, he will go on to get his education in other way's, and learn many thing's as his life progresses. Now stupid is another story, Albert EinsteIn once said that the definition of insanity(for our purpose's let's call it stupidity) is repeatedly doing the same thing, the same way, and expecting a different outcome. I think that on past experience of conversing with you, that you probably fall into the latter category.

Last edited by mick56; 09-25-2014 at 10:05 AM.