Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 06-24-2008, 12:39 PM   #136
Top Contributor

Kawanow Central Rally

I spoke with Trip last night and unfortunately, he has to work on Friday and won't be able to make the rally. He is extremely disappointed at this, especially since he was looking forward to seeing everyone. This also changes my travel plans as we were going to ride up together.

So, instead of leaving Thursday afternoon, I'm probably going to leave Wed. night, stay somewhere overnight and get there in time for some rides on Thur. Is anyone leaving from the Dallas/Ft.Worth area?
VBA #0002
VBA VP-Global
B.A.C.A. Hoss
2005 "StrongBear" Black/Silver

Todd and BD

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 06-24-2008, 10:04 PM   #137

Kawanow Central Rally

Hey Socwkbiker,
You know what they say about us bald guys, " The more hair you lose the more head you get !!! ". BobT and our wives will be leaving on Thursday morning.
KC

Old 06-24-2008, 11:16 PM   #138

Kawanow Central Rally

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWB,voices tell me evil things
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightrider
My wife and I will be meeting Kingcruiser and his wife at the IHOP in Sherman around 9am and pulling out a little after. If anyone else is coming through around that time we wouldn't mind sharing the highway. The more the better. Let us know
Everyone be safe going up.

Bob
Bob, what day are you leaving?
Sorry I didn't see this till I got to work tonight. Like Kingcruiser said we will be leaving on Thursday morning.

Bob

Old 06-25-2008, 07:07 AM   #139

Kawanow Central Rally

I am on my way out the door can't wait to see all yall. Jim

Old 06-26-2008, 11:24 AM   #140

Kawanow Central Rally

Hey everyone... I just wanted to let you guys know that David and I will not be able to attend the rally this weekend. I am broken hearted to have to say this, because I have been looking forward to this for so long. I have wanted so bad to meet everyone, but it just isn't possible for us to be there. I feel like I should explain why we won't be able to make it and also why I haven't been on the forum lately.....

Three weeks ago, David and I's best friend was heading from his mother's house to meet us, and was in a car accident... A young man crossed over the double yellow lines, and hit him head on. (They were both in small Chevy S-10s) Both men were killed... We have had a pretty rough time dealing with everything (we have been put in charge of cleaning out his apartment, that alone has been a huge job). The accident was on Sunday, his birthday was on Tuesday (he would have been 26) and we were supposed to leave with him on vacation on Saturday.... Then, as if things weren't bad enough already, my grandmother was put in the hospital, and we found out several days later that she is terminal. She has about a month left... The same day, my sister was hospitalized for dropping a mirror on her foot. She cut all of the ligaments to her toes... THEN, my stepdad was rushed to the hospital later that night, and underwent surgery to remove his appendix that was close to exploding.... Given everything that is going on, especially with my grandmother, I feel like I should be with my family. I need to spend as much time with her as possible....

I look forward to seeing pics, and attending next year's rally, hoping that things have calmed down a little bit.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 06-26-2008, 11:50 AM   #141

Send a message via MSN to scion0
Kawanow Central Rally

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlarue
Hey everyone... I just wanted to let you guys know that David and I will not be able to attend the rally this weekend. I am broken hearted to have to say this, because I have been looking forward to this for so long. I have wanted so bad to meet everyone, but it just isn't possible for us to be there. I feel like I should explain why we won't be able to make it and also why I haven't been on the forum lately.....

Three weeks ago, David and I's best friend was heading from his mother's house to meet us, and was in a car accident... A young man crossed over the double yellow lines, and hit him head on. (They were both in small Chevy S-10s) Both men were killed... We have had a pretty rough time dealing with everything (we have been put in charge of cleaning out his apartment, that alone has been a huge job). The accident was on Sunday, his birthday was on Tuesday (he would have been 26) and we were supposed to leave with him on vacation on Saturday.... Then, as if things weren't bad enough already, my grandmother was put in the hospital, and we found out several days later that she is terminal. She has about a month left... The same day, my sister was hospitalized for dropping a mirror on her foot. She cut all of the ligaments to her toes... THEN, my stepdad was rushed to the hospital later that night, and underwent surgery to remove his appendix that was close to exploding.... Given everything that is going on, especially with my grandmother, I feel like I should be with my family. I need to spend as much time with her as possible....

I look forward to seeing pics, and attending next year's rally, hoping that things have calmed down a little bit.

I am sorry to hear about your loss and understand why you can't make it. (I can't make it either but for lesser reasons.)

Keep the faith and welcome back to the board....

Mike
"Scion0"
VBA#: 0097
Former VBA North Central Asst Regional Leader
St Jude Rides Peoria to Memphis Rider
Retired MSgt, USAF (1979 -99)
"Don't sweat the small stuff, and it's all small stuff!"
Current ride: 2012 H-D Ultra FLHTCU (Black)
Past ride: 2007 Black Nomad

Old 06-26-2008, 12:03 PM   #142

Kawanow Central Rally

Thinking about you guys rally this weekend. Enjoy! Wish I could have come to yours and Western....just a few things keeping me from going to all three....work and finances..LOL.

Have fun. Dlarue sorry about the loss of your friend and family illnesses.
Kawanow Member #23
Hubbie-Ken '10 Metalic Black Goldwing

Old 06-26-2008, 12:31 PM   #143

Kawanow Central Rally

dlarue, I am so sorry to hear of all your hardships. No one should have to experience so much at one time. Just know that God will not give you more than you can handle. Keep your chin up and spend as much time with your grandmother as you can. You will be so happy you did. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Amy "kawgirl" Neal
Greenville, NC
2002 Nomad

Old 06-26-2008, 12:33 PM   #144

Kawanow Central Rally

dlarue, sorry to hear of your circumstances. We'll be praying for you.

Audiogooroo - Daryl Porter
Colorado Springs, CO
VBA #248
VROC #17261
1999 Grn/Grn Nomad

Old 06-26-2008, 02:24 PM   #145

Kawanow Central Rally

I am so sorry about all that has happened to you and yours this week!! How horrible! How sad about your friend!!

Old 06-26-2008, 02:33 PM   #146

Send a message via Yahoo to jussmatt
Kawanow Central Rally

Dlarue....so sorry to hear about all the bad news!! My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family and you're friend's family!! Enjoy allllll the time you can with your Grandmother! There will be plenty of other rally's and time to ride!!

Old 06-26-2008, 03:29 PM   #147

Kawanow Central Rally

:'( Wow, you sure have had your share of sorrow in a short
Time period! Our Prayers & good wishes go with you. :(

Hang in there " This Too Shall Pass"

Old 06-26-2008, 03:57 PM   #148

Kawanow Central Rally

dlarue, Im so sorry to here about all the bad news that has come your way all at once. Take care and spend time with your family.My prayers go out to you.

2002 Nomad aka Bountyhunter
VBA #27
VROC #18951

Old 06-26-2008, 04:00 PM   #149
Top Contributor

Kawanow Central Rally

Delinda, I'm sorry to hear of your loss.

Everyone else have a safe fun time and take lot's of pix.

Old 06-26-2008, 05:27 PM   #150
Advanced Member

Kawanow Central Rally

delarue, I am so sorry for the loss of your friend and all that has happen in your family. our prayers go out to you and your friends family.
ride safe.