Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1500 & 1600 Nomad

Old 03-30-2023, 08:30 PM   #1

There is a bunch of black with yellow strip wires that come together in a bundle all taped up. These are known to get loose and melt/burn apart.
VBA #02401
2015 Voyager
2006 1600 Nomad black(sold)

2016 Salem, Antlers,
2017 Eureka Springs, Lake George, Antlers
2018 Custer NR, Antlers

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 03-31-2023, 10:45 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by plumber63 View Post
There is a bunch of black with yellow strip wires that come together in a bundle all taped up. These are known to get loose and melt/burn apart.
Any idea on a location?...I did have the two black/yellow wires from the stators to the battery ground cable melt at the connector...i replaced them with a large gauge wire with a soldered splice at the split...i havent run into a group splice anywhere else yet..

i'll keep looking...

i have voltage dropped the grounds ive found and had nothing indicate and are compromised..

i even bypassed the kickstand safety switch thinking it might be intermittently going open...no dice...

i am starting to lean toward the ignition switch as it is a total power interruption...coincidentally i noticed during my trip that the key was getting difficult to remove at times...i also noticed that it doesnt take much movement from the on position to shut it down...i cant confirm this is an issue while riding but it is starting to give me enough trouble to make replacing the 20 year old part with a new one...