Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1500 & 1600 Nomad

Old 11-18-2022, 09:49 AM   #16

I live 2 miles from Hwy 129 (Canadas' Tail of The Dragon) outside a small town called Thessalon in Ontario. Hwy 129 starts at Hwy 17 (Trans Canada Hwy) and ends at Chapleau Ontario. The ride is amazing, lots of twisties and straights to open up the throttle. Rider magazine did an article on this ride a few years ago pre-covid and over 15,000 bikes from all over did this ride. This is where I ride in the summer, Florida in the winter.
Thanks for all your input, have a safe winter.
Bluesman (Bruce)

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 11-18-2022, 11:55 AM   #17
Top Contributor

Back in the 80's I drove from Wawa (in the car) and made the mistake of not filling up with gas in Chapleau and drove south on 129. By the time we reached a gas station near the Trans Canada I was running on fumes. No gas stations for about 2 hours south of Chapleau. Is that still the case ?

Old 11-18-2022, 12:10 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by redjay View Post
Back in the 80's I drove from Wawa (in the car) and made the mistake of not filling up with gas in Chapleau and drove south on 129. By the time we reached a gas station near the Trans Canada I was running on fumes. No gas stations for about 2 hours south of Chapleau. Is that still the case ?
That sounds about right, for American forward thinking The most advanced country in the world, cant even get that right ffs

Old 11-18-2022, 12:15 PM   #19
Top Contributor

Not America, Canada.

Can't even get that right ffs

Last edited by redjay; 11-18-2022 at 12:19 PM.

Old 11-18-2022, 01:15 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by redjay View Post
Not America, Canada.

Can't even get that right ffs
Oye nipper.A stroke,followed by' a good smack on the swede,aint left me the brightest

Login or Register to Remove Ads