Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1500 & 1600 Nomad

Old 08-15-2021, 07:26 AM   #1
Advanced Member

99 nomad air intake

Hi all, I am rebuilding my 99 nomad and am looking to update my air intake to a hypercharger or similar, unfortunately here in Australia no one stocks such an intake so my next option is to try and import one myself. Would anyone have one for sale? Or have a link to somewhere that will sell and post internationally? Or any suggestions of any other options? Cheers.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 08-15-2021, 09:28 AM   #2

Chucksterscustoms.com

Old 08-15-2021, 05:40 PM   #3

Yep... Chuckster's Customs would normally be your best bet. Over the years I've had Joe send me coasters and cam chain extenders for my Nomad, and an air kit and risers for my Voyager - and every part he's supplied me is very well made.

However I see on his website that he's not currently shipping internationally, due to Covid disruptions to air freight.

I've used shipping agents in the past, so that's another option? Check with Joe though, hopefully his website may just be out of date & he's shipping internationally again.

Nothing screams poor workmanship like wrinkles in the duct tape
'02 1500 blonde Nomad (Sold) '97 800 burgundy Classic (Sold)

Last edited by Peg; 08-15-2021 at 05:47 PM.

Old 08-16-2021, 10:52 AM   #4

I fitted My 1999 with an 8in K&N. it fits under the original dog bowl.The backing plate needs the intake hole enlarging, and the crossover tube hole needs covering. I used Gaffer tape. Get rid of the tube altogether. fit a 172 main jet. It made the bike breath, and rev much freer

This wont let me upload photo's for some reason. About time admin sorted that out. It's been like this for months now

Old 08-17-2021, 03:45 AM   #5
Advanced Member

Thanks for the replies gents. I didn't realise chuckster did air intakes. I have purchased risers and cam chain extenders off him in the past and been happy with his work. Worst case scenario I will use micks idea and make my own. Cheers.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 08-17-2021, 05:34 PM   #6

WTF

I sent you a private message, with my email address. If you contact me, i can show you some photo's of what i did.