Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1500 & 1600 Nomad

Old 12-09-2020, 04:08 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by redjay View Post
Or a lot of trips on the bus or train. Are you old enough for the free bus pass or the discount rail tickets yet ?
Not quite. Next April i will be though. But i have had a disability pass for about 15 yrs. Which is better. Because not only do i get free travel, i can always get a seat. I can also park the bike, or a car, wherever i like, without buying a ticket.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 12-09-2020, 06:23 PM   #17
Top Contributor

Getting old has some advantages but many disadvantages.

Old 12-09-2020, 06:55 PM   #18

Quote:
Getting old has some advantages but many disadvantages.
It still beats the shit out of the alternative. : Every day above ground, is a good one mate.

Old 12-09-2020, 09:55 PM   #19

Quote:
Or a lot of trips on the bus or train. Are you old enough for the free bus pass or the discount rail tickets yet ?
<snicker>

The one I bought for my wife Mick, was "Venture" brand, and it's been brilliant. I did a lot of research back then, and it was about the only one around at that time that included a heat controller with the cost of the jacket liner, instead of making it something you had to pay extra for.

Here's a link to the modern equivalent to the one I bought Cec (hers has a much "clunkier" controller, not so easily accessible). You have a choice of either that base model 3.5 amp liner (currently on sale for US$149), or they also do a 7 amp one for $100 more that can also be controlled with an (optional extra) wireless remote. Having a remote wouldn't bother me too much, the 3 heat settings changed using that tab hanging from the bottom would do, for me.

These are both a significant upgrade from Cec' one. Hers is heated using traditional wires like an electric blanket. These use carbon fibre panels. I always thought it was a great feature having plugs at the ends of each of the arms and at the bottom of the jacket for if we ever wanted to plug gloves or heated pants / boot liners etc in as well, but honestly? She's never needed any more heat than the liner provides by itself... Your temps in the UK might not be quite the same as in NZ though.

Google them. I think you'll find they're available on Amazon as well.

Nothing screams poor workmanship like wrinkles in the duct tape
'02 1500 blonde Nomad (Sold) '97 800 burgundy Classic (Sold)

Last edited by Peg; 12-09-2020 at 09:59 PM.

Old 12-10-2020, 06:36 AM   #20

Peg.

Login or Register to Remove Ads