Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-04-2017, 12:12 PM   #23

Ok, I'm a dumba$$...no...an idiot, no worse, whatever that might be.
I found the problem and it was on top of the seat behind the bars.....
It made me think when Mike mentioned the knee replacement making his dad feel different things, so I started thinking (never a good option) "what have I done recently that might have had an effect on the bike".
Went with a slightly lower tire pressure? nope, put it back to where I had it, no change.
Changed the oil? maybe I overfilled it, nope, alls well.
Washed it? nope, have done that more than once.
New helmet? I went from a lid to a 3/4 with visor, no way that would make my whole carcass vibrate. It does make my head shake when I have the visor up but that's understandable. Not to mention clutch, engine speed would not do anything that the helmet would affect...does it?
I've always used a lid/beanie but it drove my daughter nuts that if I ever went down I might as well have nothing so I bought a 3/4, a compromise to passify the kid LOL. It was very comfortable (an FS2 OF569), had an outer visor as well as a flip up tinted inner visor.
Well it does, it must be some kind of resonant frequency thing that the helmet amplifies or some damn thing as that's what it was.
I was out today and it was too effin' hot for the 3/4 so I stopped in at the bike shop and bought a lid/beanie whatever you call it, and lo and behold no vibration. I was beyond "WTF" this is not possible.
So, Moral of the story, don't ever discount the impossible as ridiculous as it may seem.
My thanks to all that replied, if nothing else I did loosen my belt up a bit which took some whine away.......Mike