Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1700 Nomad, Vaquero & Voyager

Old 11-23-2012, 07:25 PM   #16

I have to agree with Ray on all accounts! Thanks Ray! I bought a usb charging port and am splicing it into the factory harness and running a usb to mini hdmi wire from it to the garmin mount I made that bolts to the cap screw securing the cables at the front of the triple tree just below the handle bar mount.So Im using the supplied cable from Garmin that connects the Gamin to your laptop as the power cable to get away from the bulk of the cigaret lighter charger thing. Besides I don't smoke! lol! And it keeps it nice and clean.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 05-07-2013, 11:43 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by sctrcks View Post
I just got the one from cycle gear on sale for $10. fit right in the factory hole on the Vaquero. the kawi wires are just inside the fairing after removing the three screws to the glove box. cut connector the ends off the power outlet and needed to shorten the wires anyways, change them to bullet push connectors to mate up to factory wires and done in minutes. the plug is hot when key is on accessory. FYI, the yellow wire is the positive one on the bike factory harness, it has the female end on it already

Just did this and it was 5 minutes start to finish. Perfect fit and a male and female bullet connector crimped on the cycle gear outlet and plug and play. My first mod.!

Old 02-28-2016, 01:49 AM   #18

Is the power source only on the right side? I was hoping to install a usb charger on the left side

Old 02-28-2016, 10:41 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdcmetal21 View Post
Is the power source only on the right side? I was hoping to install a usb charger on the left side
If you don't find the power you need on the left side just run a longer wire to the right side.

Welcome to the forum from Northern California.

2005 Vulcan Nomad Sold
2006 Honda 1800 VTX (Freebie) Sold
2008 Harley Ultra Classic Sold
2001 Harley Ultra Classic Sold

Hangtown, Kalifornia

VBA #2625

Old 02-29-2016, 12:11 AM   #20

I found this an interesting project. I didn't by the Kawasaki version, but I did by the Honda cigarette lighter one for the right hand side, and a dual USB version of the same for the left. Both have rubber caps for keeping moisture out. I figured that will give me the best of both worlds. I wired them off the same circuit and put an inline fuse that can be serviced by unscrewing and removing the left hand side "glovebox".

Right now, I'm upgrading the stereo with the alpine amp that everyone seems to rate positively and as well, went to the POLK speakers too. I might run a circuit for some LED lighting while I'm messing about! May as well do it all at once! What else can I wire up on my Vaq? What are some faves?

Karatemoto!

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 02-29-2016, 03:26 PM   #21
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karatemoto View Post
I found this an interesting project. I didn't by the Kawasaki version, but I did by the Honda cigarette lighter one for the right hand side, and a dual USB version of the same for the left. Both have rubber caps for keeping moisture out. I figured that will give me the best of both worlds. I wired them off the same circuit and put an inline fuse that can be serviced by unscrewing and removing the left hand side "glovebox".

Right now, I'm upgrading the stereo with the alpine amp that everyone seems to rate positively and as well, went to the POLK speakers too. I might run a circuit for some LED lighting while I'm messing about! May as well do it all at once! What else can I wire up on my Vaq? What are some faves?

Karatemoto!
As a word of advice, bridge the Alpine amp for 2 channel 90 watts per channel RMS. I blew one of the Polk speakers and the Polk rep told me I was actually under powering the speakers with 45 watts rms, which likely led to the speaker going out. Signal distortion he told me from having to use high volumes to achieve the sound I wanted at speed. I thought it was bullshit but others have told me the same now. I bridged the Alpine amp and added some Kicker CS series until polk replaces my blown speaker. The kickers sound phenomenal and now I only need to go to 13 on the volume and it rocks.

On the 1500, too much to list.

On the Vaquero:
V&H slash cut slip ons
Power Commander 5 and Ivan-ized ECU
Chuckster's BAK
Aux Audio adapter with bluetooth receiver.
Mustang 2 up Touring Seat w/ driver and passenger backrest
Kuryakyn Longhorn highway pegs.
Kawasaki 12 volt charger
Longer 1600 meanstreak SE kickstand
Full LED Daymaker light mod.