Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1700 Nomad, Vaquero & Voyager

Old 08-07-2015, 09:21 PM   #1

Engine Ice

Has anyone here done any testing with this stuff? I have read that its not as good as just the plain ole 50/50 mix. Its sure pricey. Is it worth the extra cash? Thanks Al

Once I was young and now I am old and everything in the middle went way to damn fast

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 08-07-2015, 10:02 PM   #2

That's what I changed mine to earlier this year. I don't believe it's worth the extra cost. Next fluid change I'll go back to the 50/50 mix. I don't notice any difference in temperature when ridding......JMO
1996 800A Customized (SOLD)
2001 1500 Nomad (The Mistress)
2013 Voyager

2014 SE Rally - Elkins, WV
2016 SE Rally - Helen, Ga

Old 08-07-2015, 10:11 PM   #3

For what its worth " WaterWetter" is claiming 20 degree drops in temperature from standard 50/50 mix. It is also pricey. I have no history with this product but would love to hear comments from those you do have. Good or Bad.

Old 08-07-2015, 10:16 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl1952 View Post
Has anyone here done any testing with this stuff? I have read that its not as good as just the plain ole 50/50 mix. Its sure pricey. Is it worth the extra cash? Thanks Al
I used it in my Nomad for a couple of changes and you're right it's pricey. Honestly, I did not notice any difference in performance or running temps.

Just MHO

Old 08-07-2015, 11:27 PM   #5
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to blowndodge
My bike doesn't use it.

There are two types of Harley riders. Those that trailer them and those that push them.

The most Interesting Man in the World
"Find the things in life you don't do well and don't do those things"

Member # 0005

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 08-08-2015, 12:58 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpmhspirit View Post
I used it in my Nomad for a couple of changes and you're right it's pricey. Honestly, I did not notice any difference in performance or running temps.

Just MHO
That was my experience too.

Old 08-08-2015, 10:47 PM   #7

I have used the stuff in two bikes according to their directions and see no improvement in operating temps - just for the record a 30-70 coolant mix will actually cool better than 50-50 and will protect to about -20 and is safe for aluminum - with that u wont see any change in the temp gauge most likely - the water cooled bikes ive had in hot weather the t-stat does not control engine temp the radiator size does because the rad. is not big enough to get rid of all the heat so when the t-stat opens it stays open and the rad does the best it can - so when u add a fan switch to force air through the rad u see the temp drop some - for me I keep my case guard chaps on during summer because they force more air through the rad and the engine runs cooler for sure - might add the rad is blocked by the tire/fender so not enough air flo to cool good possibly if it was out in the open it would work better and the temp would be lower and the t-stat could control it