Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Riding > Rides/Trip Reports/Travel Information

Old 04-01-2008, 08:05 PM   #16

4k mile trip coming up and ....

I've never tried one, but people tell me this is the one to get for long distance riding. Not cheap, and hardly sporty, but looks comfy as h3ll.

http://www.day-long.com/seat_pages_1...wa_vulcan.html

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-04-2008, 10:16 PM   #17

Thank you all for the input. I do have a long trip planned and only two weeks in which to make it all happen. The game plan is to leave out of Las Cruces, NM headed for Sturgis for a couple days, then across Montana for a day or two to visit a brother, on through Idaho to Wahington to visit my dad and then back down through Oregon, Nevada and on across Utah to Colorado to see another brother and then back home. All told it is just slightly less than 4k, but in order to have a day or two at each stop along the way, the long hauls on the road in between gotta happen to do it in two weeks. I already have a Roho Air Hawk seat cushion that is pretty nice. I am going to let her try it on a few relatively short haul trips and see if she likes that. She wasn't too impressed with the Gel cushions or memory foam pillows.

www.rcmedic.com

2005 Vulcan Nomad VN1600D1 BAS
KawaNow # 314

Old 04-04-2008, 10:26 PM   #18

sounds like a fun trip

Old 04-04-2008, 11:47 PM   #19

I need to do that trip to fill in some areas on the map. I could do without Sturgis as I already have SD, but need ND,LOL. Hopefully this summer a lot more states will be colored.

Old 05-04-2008, 07:47 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmedic
Thank you all for the input. I do have a long trip planned and only two weeks in which to make it all happen. The game plan is to leave out of Las Cruces, NM headed for Sturgis for a couple days, then across Montana for a day or two to visit a brother, on through Idaho to Wahington to visit my dad and then back down through Oregon, Nevada and on across Utah to Colorado to see another brother and then back home. All told it is just slightly less than 4k, but in order to have a day or two at each stop along the way, the long hauls on the road in between gotta happen to do it in two weeks. I already have a Roho Air Hawk seat cushion that is pretty nice. I am going to let her try it on a few relatively short haul trips and see if she likes that. She wasn't too impressed with the Gel cushions or memory foam pillows.
That sounds like a great trip! My wife and I did 690 miles in a day once and she never complained about it. What we did was to take it in about 75 to 100 mile intervals. We would stop, gas up, get a coffee or soda, stretch a little, and get back on the road. She said she enjoyed the ride with all the breaks. I think if I would have pushed it, like I would if she was not with me, she would not have enjoyed it at all.

Enjoy your trip!

John

Login or Register to Remove Ads