Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1700 Nomad, Vaquero & Voyager

Old 12-21-2014, 07:16 PM   #16

Rode over 250 miles today all back roads 55 to 60 MPH and avg 39,8 MPG. power range was better from low through high. very responsive. I'm running a cobra auto tuner modified air box( took snorkel out ) added K&N filter. Pipes sound awesome.Decel pop minimal. If you don't like loud there not for you. ther loud but not obnoxious loud. Very pleased with over all sound and performance of the bike. B

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 12-29-2014, 06:08 PM   #17

I am running the True Duals on a 13' Vaquero and I have no regrets. Great sound, loud but not obnoxious, just slightly mutted. Throaty rumble, additional HP, running 43MPG average around town. A bit of deceleration pop. Bike is flat black and I have the flat black pipes. They look great too. Below I copy/pasted my response from another forum.

I recently purchased a 13' Vaquero and based on the reviews I read here and other sites I went with the Freedom Performance True Duals exhaust in flat black. I got them through http://store.58cycle.com They look amazing on the bike and sound even better. The stock pipes sound like two rabbits throwing cotton balls at each other. The FP pipes have a deep throaty rumble to them, slightly mutteled, not so loud that you are pissing off every neighbor but people will definitely notice the bike coming. Alot of my Harley friends have had made great comments about the bike and like the look and sound of the FP.

The instructions are very clear and simple to follow. They even came with a picture page for quick reference.

Thanks to some tips I read on this forum, the pipes only took about 1.5 hours to mount. Definitely pre-mount the heat shields with the band clamps engaged but loose with all the hex heads pointing down. The front shield has four. The second from the top I just used a long screwdriver from the front of the bike to tighten it. The top clamp I also used the screwdriver. The rest are relatively easy to access and a socket is best

DO NOT tighten anything until everything is assembled. You will need back/forth up/down play to get everything lined up correctly.

The "P" clamp for the crossover pipe that mounts to the support bracket needs a small needle nose or standard vice grip to squeeze it shut enough to get the nut threaded on the bolt. This wont make sense until you are under the bike busting your knuckles.

Have plenty of tarps, padding, blankets ect. to layout the old part (if you are trying to preserve them) and the new parts. Also a 6" or 12" ratchet extention and universal joint will make the job easier.

If you are mounting passenger floor boards, do this BEFORE you mount the right rear muffler. The bolts are difficult at best to access with the pipe in place. (yes I had to pull the muffler after I had installed it)

Also, be sure your cat didnt take a shit under the bike before you start working on it

No regrets. Love the Pipes. Relatively straight forward install. A few jealous friends. Life is good

Last edited by Kaneld; 12-29-2014 at 06:52 PM.

Old 12-29-2014, 10:28 PM   #18
Advanced Member

Bike sounds awesome. Good choice.

On the 1500, too much to list.

On the Vaquero:
V&H slash cut slip ons
Power Commander 5 and Ivan-ized ECU
Chuckster's BAK
Aux Audio adapter with bluetooth receiver.
Mustang 2 up Touring Seat w/ driver and passenger backrest
Kuryakyn Longhorn highway pegs.
Kawasaki 12 volt charger
Longer 1600 meanstreak SE kickstand
Full LED Daymaker light mod.