Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1500 & 1600 Nomad

Old 04-22-2008, 06:33 PM   #16

"Can I fix this myself?"

Caddmann - even though I am machanically challenged. I appreciate you and the others tellin me how things work and why I should do or not do a change. I know my limitations. Where it helps me is when I take the bike into the shop and I can understand what they are saying and know what I want done - so they don't clean out my wallet
Thanks again and keep up the good work!!!

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-22-2008, 08:26 PM   #17

"Can I fix this myself?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmac
If I were anyone on this board I would refrain from the 'dealer' in Chadron Nebraska. ...I know they ment well, but a ruined wiring harness, crimped air supply lines to my rear shocks and all sorts of bolts falling out after 'the fix', was just nuts...
I like the way they missed half the damage, charged the insurance company Kawasaki prices for cheaper aftermarket parts, and charged them for a well-known warranty repair as well; plus they charged the insurance for that mastercylinder they never installed.

(Well, actually, you're probably lucky they didn't try to work on the brake system. ::) )

Old 04-22-2008, 08:28 PM   #18

"Can I fix this myself?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywood
...Where it helps me is when I take the bike into the shop and I can understand what they are saying and know what I want done - so they don't clean out my wallet...
That's something we always want to prevent. ;)

Old 04-22-2008, 11:06 PM   #19
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to blowndodge
"Can I fix this myself?"

At all costs!!!!!

There are two types of Harley riders. Those that trailer them and those that push them.

The most Interesting Man in the World
"Find the things in life you don't do well and don't do those things"

Member # 0005

Old 04-23-2008, 09:40 AM   #20

"Can I fix this myself?"

Now if the bartender cleans out your wallet, there's not much we can do about that though.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-30-2008, 10:40 PM   #21
Advanced Member

Send a message via MSN to donoller
"Can I fix this myself?"

not here dude 10 dollars would be great, lucky if they get 8.00

Old 05-01-2008, 10:49 AM   #22

"Can I fix this myself?"

Last evening I was helping a friend repair a tail light mount on his Roadliner. As I could see no obvious access, I asked what was the recommended procedure for changing the license plate bulb.
He showed me the manual, " Take it to your Yamaha Dealer "
I couldn't believe it. In any event we got it fixed pretty fast but I was amazed that they wanted you to have your dealer replace the bulb.
Shep

Old 05-01-2008, 01:17 PM   #23

"Can I fix this myself?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shep
...I asked what was the recommended procedure for changing the license plate bulb.
He showed me the manual, " Take it to your Yamaha Dealer "...

Old 05-01-2008, 04:07 PM   #24

"Can I fix this myself?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by caddmannq
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shep
...I asked what was the recommended procedure for changing the license plate bulb.
He showed me the manual, " Take it to your Yamaha Dealer "...
You can never be too careful.

Old 05-01-2008, 06:14 PM   #25
Sr. Contributor

"Can I fix this myself?"

Shep what was the answer? How did you gain access? I have never had the chance to work, or even really see one of those bikes.. I am sure if I had the chance I would get it figured out, but then I might never get the chance..

I hate when you BUY a manuall it says "see expert".. I am an expert, but haven't worked on ever friggin internal combustion engine and device there ever was or will be yet...

I just had to figure out How To disasseble a Bob Cat drive sheave, and they hace one hellova hidden circlip. Now i know that whole job is cake, but finding that clip was a ROYAL PAIN with no book...

06 1600 Nomad
Just call me Mac
molon labe come and get it