Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Off-Topic

Old 09-16-2014, 12:09 AM   #1

Chicks and Electric "Motorcycles"

...So today..or in recent day's...a chick ran an "Electric Motorcycle" to a world speed record at the Bonneville Salt Flats....

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 09-16-2014, 11:27 AM   #2

Here's a link to one article on the event

https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs...075142834.html

Looks like they call it a "sidecar" as it actually has 3 wheels; I'm assuming that the sidecar part is the stabilizer on the RH side.

"Sun on my face, wind in my hair, sound of my bike in my ears and peace in my soul..."
VBA Member #01514
2008 "Ultra" Nomad 1600, Candy Plasma Blue

Old 09-16-2014, 12:22 PM   #3
Top Contributor

240+ mph. Hit 270 in a later unofficial run.

Bob
KawaNOW/VBA 210
Green/Silver 2006
Patriot Guard Riders 2009

Old 09-16-2014, 03:04 PM   #4

In that "link"..the last photo shows her entering the measured distance course at 240 mph...however take a look at those flags..she's running into a head wind thats blowing about 40 mph !

Old 09-17-2014, 06:58 AM   #5

And she need's 3 wheel's to stop her from falling over and blaming her husband for it

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 09-17-2014, 04:44 PM   #6

.. .. Man I have Been BLAMED !...of course it wasnt helpful when I was laughing so hard !

I once was teaching ole #3.to fly...she was doing pretty good in a 100 hp Cessna 150 trike !

So she gets all pushy..and wants to "move up"..to a 300 hp Cessna AG TRUCK "Tail Dragger", So I try to be good to her (like I am to all of-um)..Well with only one seat in the cock-pit..I'm sitting on the window ledge on the right side -away from the throttle control on the left side..she's in the pilots seat..we are going to do some "taxi practice"...I get her to taxi slow out to the main runway (small field no control tower)...and all goes well. then lined up on the runway..I aim to get her taxing --"faster" !... I only intended to get her up to a speed, slow enough, to not be able to 'raise the tail of the plane..maybe 25-30 mph...
I say's OK Baby..."feed in some throttle"...so she shove's the throttle about to the stop !...well it lets loose 300 hp.in an empty crop duster...and immediately .. the "P-Factor", and Engine Torque take command ! due to the way it all goes together..based on the laws of physic's and aerodynamics.. the plane roars forward..and left (P factor and torque)...off the runway and out into the grass area in a big..and ever tightening..left turn..as the speed builds...I'm hanging out the window on the outside of the turn...she's screaming while froze on the stick -'HELP ME"..HEEEELP MEEEE" as she has a death gip on the throttle and is braceing herself against the seat..by shoving the throttle further forward !...we go careening around the runway area..taking out a runway light...the right wing tip is kicking up a chunk of sod every so often..I cant get back in due to the force of the left turn we are in... Finally I am able to reach across with my foot and kick her hand loose from the throttle ..then with a gut wrenching effort I manage to kick the throttle to the idle position...and immediately the plane comes to a smooth halt...engne at idle !
I look around..being a week end (Saturday as I recall) the airport restaurant crowd is all outside agape !..several hangers are open and the owners and mechanics are outside agape ! ..a couple are running our direction....

In the end..she was pissed at me for kicking her grip loose from the throttle... Sa La Vi`

Last edited by Silent Sam; 09-17-2014 at 05:16 PM.

Old 09-17-2014, 07:07 PM   #7

Damn near pissed myself laughin'

"Sun on my face, wind in my hair, sound of my bike in my ears and peace in my soul..."
VBA Member #01514

Old 09-17-2014, 07:22 PM   #8

It just goes to show that you can;t make some women happy no matter what you do.

2002 Nomad aka Bountyhunter
VBA #27
VROC #18951

Old 09-18-2014, 02:04 AM   #9

.Weeell I just spent half an hour writing up another story..about Miss Double D'z..(even better than the last one)...but when I tried to post it..the crac-puter ate it... maybe another time !

Old 09-18-2014, 08:41 PM   #10
Top Contributor

I would love to have seen that full-throttle left hand (Nascar) turn!

Must have been exciting, to say the least, from your perspective!

Bob
KawaNOW/VBA 210
Green/Silver 2006
Patriot Guard Riders 2009

Old 09-19-2014, 12:44 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Sam View Post
.Weeell I just spent half an hour writing up another story..about Miss Double D'z..(even better than the last one)...but when I tried to post it..the crac-puter ate it... maybe another time !
Well with a start like that (Miss Double D'z) its got to be a good one. Get that 'puter fixed soon so you can post it!

VBA Member #01514

Old 09-19-2014, 01:50 PM   #12

..As for the full throttle left turn..(for those that dont know about tail draggers, "P Factor" and Engine Torque)...I assume the "Ground Loop" would have been shorter lived..except the right wing tip kept getting into the turf...and that would momentarily..throw a "Arc Straightening factor into the left turn..so it was a series of left turns SOD-GOUGE...and accelerate into the next left turn and resulting right wing tip.."sod gouge" !
I attribute my ability to remain attached to the plane..to my experience of remaining aboard -Green Bronc's- during my early cowboying day's..