Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 05-23-2014, 08:22 PM   #1

RAM Combination Brake/Clutch Reservoir U-Bolt Mount with Universal X-Grip® Cell Phone

Looking to mount an iPhone 5s to my Vaquero handlebars. Anyone have any experience with this mount?

http://www.rammount.com/CatalogResul...5/Default.aspx

I have the phone in a lifeproof case so it is supposed to be ok in the weather. This ram mount says it works with 1.25" handlebars max so I just wanted to make sure there were no issues fitting on the vaquero bar.

Also, I have the apple connector in the left box. Id like to run this out to the handlebars. Anyone come up with a good way to do this while converting from a 30 pin connector to the new apple connector?

Can you play Pandora through the phone to the bike's stereo? If so can you control the volume with the handlebar controls?

Thanks,

Jerry

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 05-23-2014, 08:40 PM   #2

Yes the phone fits into that grip. I use same one only it's hooked up to my mirror not handlebars as I also use my phone to video my rides. As far as playing pandora yes it works but you have to buy apple authorized converter dongle which is $40. Don't bother with knock offs they don't transmit audio but they will charge your phone though

Old 05-24-2014, 10:35 PM   #3

I didn't think you could use a reservoir mounted ram mount as the holes are on an angle and not flush as they are on other brands.